Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Agree 100%. Tim Jennings can't be a #2 corner. Sorry to anyone who thinks that.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
W/ their being 3-4 really good Corners on the market this year (Asomugha, Cromartie, Joseph, I. Taylor, Rodgers...list goes on) I'll be almost upset if we don't get one of them. I don't think Asomugha fits our personnel, per se, but anybody would probably be an upgrade over whomever we'll trot out alongside Tillman.

Definitely agreed, I also would like the idea of reuniting the former college teammates of Peanut and Ike Taylor if he were to come at a reasonable price. In fact I think I would really like that. Might have to Madden it up soon w/ all these FA possibilities lol.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Probably sounding like a broken record at this point, but tell me how Sims-Walker works in Martz's scheme? Square peg, round hole, me thinks.

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
Probably sounding like a broken record at this point, but tell me how Sims-Walker works in Martz's scheme? Square peg, round hole, me thinks.

He is kinda an odd fit, not bad, odd. But he has speed, which Martz seems to really like. His route running is horrible, it's decent, but he has that "go get the football" mentality.

Which in all honesty is what the Bears need. Not a BIG WR. In that same breath though, MSW has an uncommon size, weight, speed ratio. He's like 6'2, w/ 4.35 40 yard dash speed and weighs 215-220.

So he has a nice combination to go w/ above average route running. Plus he went to UCF along w/ Cutlers former teammate and favorite target Brandon Marshall. So call me superstitious but I'm hoping lightning could possibly strike 2x lol.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
He is kinda an odd fit, not bad, odd. But he has speed, which Martz seems to really like. His route running is horrible, it's decent, but he has that "go get the football" mentality.

Which in all honesty is what the Bears need. Not a BIG WR. In that same breath though, MSW has an uncommon size, weight, speed ratio. He's like 6'2, w/ 4.35 40 yard dash speed and weighs 215-220.

So he has a nice combination to go w/ above average route running. Plus he went to UCF along w/ Cutlers former teammate and favorite target Brandon Marshall. So call me superstitious but I'm hoping lightning could possibly strike 2x lol.

Everything I hear about Martz's offense is that it's about being at the right place at the right time. If MSW's route-running skills aren't that good, then he doesn't belong here, and I don't think he'll be here.

I don't care if he's big or if he can "go up and get it." If he can't run the right routes and run them properly, I don't want to see him in Chicago. I'd rather have the guys in our WR corps right now over someone who'll raise expectations then ultimately fail because he's the wrong type of player.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah, I'd like for the Bears to go after Rice and Holmes first... If they can't get any pro-bowl WR, then I guess I wouldn't hate sims-walker.

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
Everything I hear about Martz's offense is that it's about being at the right place at the right time. If MSW's route-running skills aren't that good, then he doesn't belong here, and I don't think he'll be here.

I don't care if he's big or if he can "go up and get it." If he can't run the right routes and run them properly, I don't want to see him in Chicago. I'd rather have the guys in our WR corps right now over someone who'll raise expectations then ultimately fail because he's the wrong type of player.

Well then TBCH, you don't want any of our WRs in Chicago. Hester's route running isn't very good, same goes for Knox, Davis and whoever else is on the table outside of bennett, who is a phenomenal route runner, but is slow and small and has trouble getting separation.

He's an above average route runner is also what I said. Also I never said a go up and get it, I'm saying a guy that will break off his route to run w/ cutler something none of the current do. A go get it mentality, meaning no matter how bad the throw is, he is willing to go after it, not like knox or hester who just stop the route if the throw is "too bad, or out of reach"

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
yeah, I'd like for the Bears to go after Rice and Holmes first... If they can't get any pro-bowl WR, then I guess I wouldn't hate sims-walker.

Rice doesn't fit and will come at a very hefty price tag, and Holmes is the perfect fit, but I feel he is gonna be retained by the Jets, don't see why they would let him go :shrug:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rice doesn't fit and will come at a very hefty price tag, and Holmes is the perfect fit, but I feel he is gonna be retained by the Jets, don't see why they would let him go :shrug:

they won't -- which is why I'd like to see Braylon Edwards considered. I don't know that the Jets will keep both, but Holmes is their clear favorite.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Edwards had a whopping 1 dropped pass officially last season...

just saying...

ya..as someone said he has a reputation for it...and im not sure he's such a great fit as a bears #1 receiver..but thats just me

santana moss and rice are definitely the top two

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
they won't -- which is why I'd like to see Braylon Edwards considered. I don't know that the Jets will keep both, but Holmes is their clear favorite.

I agree w/ you bro, I'm just liking the possibility of MSW (which I could be completely off base on) I just have a good feeling on the guy. Another guy that could be up for consideration (if released, I think he will be), especially considering his experience in the system.

Roy Williams would not be a bad pick up at all. At least IMO...

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steve Smith isn't going to be a #1 but I think he'd still be a decent pickup. He is a good route-runner and still has sufficient speed to be effective. He fits Martz's offensive scheme IMO.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well then TBCH, you don't want any of our WRs in Chicago. Hester's route running isn't very good, same goes for Knox, Davis and whoever else is on the table outside of bennett, who is a phenomenal route runner, but is slow and small and has trouble getting separation.

He's an above average route runner is also what I said. Also I never said a go up and get it, I'm saying a guy that will break off his route to run w/ cutler something none of the current do. A go get it mentality, meaning no matter how bad the throw is, he is willing to go after it, not like knox or hester who just stop the route if the throw is "too bad, or out of reach"

True, although I like Bennett more and more as I rewatch last season's games.

Knox does frustrate the hell out of me with his routes sometimes, particularly when he fails to get inside a CB on a slant route and gives up, leading to an INT. But I feel like Knox has shown enough ability in the open field to stay in the offense. He also has the benefit of knowing the playbook.

I'm with you on wanting to see the Bears add another WR, although I'm not sure if MSW is the guy. I'd rather have a smaller, quicker guy that can get separation. Not saying bigger guys can't do that, too, but usually they do not.

As long as they can get a guy that can rotate in the Top 3, I'm all good. Just make sure he fits the scheme. Could be MSW, I honestly don't know too much about him, just going off what others said.

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
True, although I like Bennett more and more as I rewatch last season's games.

Knox does frustrate the hell out of me with his routes sometimes, particularly when he fails to get inside a CB on a slant route and gives up, leading to an INT. But I feel like Knox has shown enough ability in the open field to stay in the offense. He also has the benefit of knowing the playbook.

I'm with you on wanting to see the Bears add another WR, although I'm not sure if MSW is the guy. I'd rather have a smaller, quicker guy that can get separation. Not saying bigger guys can't do that, too, but usually they do not.

As long as they can get a guy that can rotate in the Top 3, I'm all good. Just make sure he fits the scheme. Could be MSW, I honestly don't know too much about him, just going off what others said.

O I see exactly where you are coming from, I'm just an MSW fan, and to see him mention the Bears got me excited. I was just in the moment and feel as though he could be a good fit, he's not a slow janky WR either like Rice (minus the slow part) but he's very fast for his size, just not janky, he's very fluid.

But as stated before I could be very offbase. I just think he could be nice addition.

And sorry if I sounded like a dick earlier in my explanation of him, but I was just trying to spell it out as to why he could be a good addition.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
O I see exactly where you are coming from, I'm just an MSW fan, and to see him mention the Bears got me excited. I was just in the moment and feel as though he could be a good fit, he's not a slow janky WR either like Rice (minus the slow part) but he's very fast for his size, just not janky, he's very fluid.

But as stated before I could be very offbase. I just think he could be nice addition.

And sorry if I sounded like a dick earlier in my explanation of him, but I was just trying to spell it out as to why he could be a good addition.

No problem.

Part of me is always worried when the Bears talk about signing a free agent wide receiver. I don't think they've ever had one work out (I don't feel that Muhsin Muhammad counts).

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
No problem.

Part of me is always worried when the Bears talk about signing a free agent wide receiver. I don't think they've ever had one work out (I don't feel that Muhsin Muhammad counts).

O I agree, when your teams all-time leading WR is Johnny Morris (I believe it is) you have WR issues. Nothing against morris, but there could be soo much better atop that list especially w/ the rich history that exists for the Bears.

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
It would be nice for the Bears to get a WR, and at least Sims-Walker actually plays WR (unlike Brad Smith), but until they can shore up their O-line its not going to matter all that much who's playing WR. The Bears should just sign two nondescript veteran guys for one or two years until they figure out how to pass block.

I'm in complete agreeance w/ you. Though I think both will be addressed, that is my initial gut reaction today at least. I could be completely wrong though :nervous:

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
WRs come to Chicago, we have a QB now.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs