Time For "The Great" Kenny Williams To Go?

Is It Time For Kenny Williams To Go?

• Fuck Yeah!!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
This latest EJAX trade is the last straw for me. I've been a staunch KW and Guillen supporter but, now I want them both fired. That says ALOT.

It's HORRIBLE that KW has made so many bad trades and signings lately that we missed out on Colby Rasmus in the process because Reinsdorf ordered KW to trim payroll.

In order to do so, he had to package one of his worst mistakes (Teahen) with one of his best assets (EJAX) in a straight salary dump. In the process he took a lowball offer for EJAX.

You can't tell me that the Sox couldn't have packaged EJAX with some shit similar to what Toronto packaged for Rasmus....

This is terrible. :turrible::obama::turrible:

KW is making himself look silly. He was once a capable GM and his recent moves have been HORRIBLE.

After making shrewd moves for Danks and Floyd here are some KW "gems".

Swisher TWICE (the trades to acquire him and then trade him to the Yanks were BOTH HORRIBLE.)
Teahen
Peavy
Rios
Dunn
EJAX TWICE (Trading Hudson for him was bad enough but then trading him to the Jays for nothing and than watching them ship him to StL for Rasmus hurts even worse.)

What do you think? Is it time for KW to go?

y2chae

Liked Posts:
We could have a rotation of MB, Danks, Floyd... and then Gio, Hudson and/or Clayton Richard. The latter 3 costing the team around $1.5 million or so this season. As opposed to the $25 million or so they had to paid Peavy and Jackson. That extra $23.5 million could've been spent getting a real LF, 3B and C.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
We could have a rotation of MB, Danks, Floyd... and then Gio, Hudson and/or Clayton Richard. The latter 3 costing the team around $1.5 million or so this season. As opposed to the $25 million or so they had to paid Peavy and Jackson. That extra $23.5 million could've been spent getting a real LF, 3B and C.

LF and 3B sure, but AJ has been a reliable catcher throughout his career. Never been on the DL. That's hard to find and for the money, he's fine at C.

y2chae

Liked Posts:
AJ has had a bounce back season at the plate but he's so bad on defense. AJ isn't the problem with this team I agree, but having a 1 tool LF and 3B- two power positions is unacceptable.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
AJ has had a bounce back season at the plate but he's so bad on defense. AJ isn't the problem with this team I agree, but having a 1 tool LF and 3B- two power positions is unacceptable.

Absolutely. It makes it even worse when your DH and CF are battling the Mendoza line the whole season.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me its not Williams fault. He has brought in proven vet guys that just havent produced. Dunn nobody saw this happening. Rios coming off 30-30 year. Just hasnt worked this year for CHW

Last edited:

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
LF and 3B sure, but AJ has been a reliable catcher throughout his career. Never been on the DL. That's hard to find and for the money, he's fine at C.

I agree 100%. Big AJ fan here.

As a sidenote the more I look at KW's recent history and the moves he's made, the more idiotic he looks.

A chimp could be a better White Sox GM.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me its not Williams fault. He has brought in proven vet guys that just havent produced. Dunn nobody saw this happening. Rios coming off 30-30 year. Just hasnt worked this year for CHW

True on Dunn and Rios is a head-scratcher as well, but a lot of the moves he's made recently, the one today included have really hurt his reputation among Sox fans.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
To me its not Williams fault. He has brought in proven vet guys that just havent produced. Dunn nobody so this happening. Rios coming off 30-30 year. Just hasnt worked this year for CHW

Today was the 2nd time KW got duped by Toronto. Rios was the first time....putting that waiver claim in and letting the Jays dump all of that salary on us was a huge gamble. ANYONE including KW couldve seen that Rios' up-and-down career was a huge gamble.

As for Dunn, he was a crapshoot too because this is his first year in a new (and more difficult.) league and at a new position.

To say KW isnt to blame is ludicrous.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today was the 2nd time KW got duped by Toronto. Rios was the first time....putting that waiver claim in and letting the Jays dump all of that salary on us was a huge gamble. ANYONE including KW couldve seen that Rios' up-and-down career was a huge gamble.

As for Dunn, he was a crapshoot too because this is his first year in a new (and more difficult.) league and at a new position.

To say KW isnt to blame is ludicrous.

Toronto must salivate when Kenny calls. Lol

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
Toronto must salivate when Kenny calls. Lol

The Toronto GM is the new Billy Beane as far as Kenny Williams is concerned.

It's like someone took the smart, savvy, shrewd KW that we all knew and loved and suddenly replaced him with Jim Hendry.

Last edited:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to many on Twitter, KW likely isn't done. What deals he has in mind aren't being discussed, but the common thought is that he has more to do.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
Alex Rios is a Punk (KW's Biggest Failures.)

Gotta love it. Rios is an absolute lump of shit who is not only one of KW's biggest failures but, one of the biggest failures in White Sox history. Not only could a corpse hit better at the plate but, he dogs it in the field too.

I don't normally agree with Rosenbloom but, it's hard not to:

White Sox need to dump Rios right now - chicagotribune.com

For those keeping score of KW's biggest blunders:

1) Todd Ritchie trade

2) Traded Aaron Rowand to the Phillies and allowed Brian Anderson.....yes Brian FUCKING Anderson to play CF.

3) Billy Koch trade.

4) Traded some of our best prospects for Nick fucking Swisher and then traded him to the Yankees the following offseason for a bunch of hot garbage. (the trades to acquire him and then trade him to the Yanks were BOTH HORRIBLE.)

5) Trade and extension for Teahen

6) Traded for Peavy

7) Let the Blue Jays dump Rios on us on waivers

8) Dunn....Lowest batting average for a qualifying player IN HISTORY.....enough said.

9) Traded our best pitching prospect Daniel Hudson for EJAX and then traded him to the Jays the following season in a straight salary dump.

The worst part is, items 4 through 9 have happened within the last 2 or 3 years alone. Most GMs would've been fired for far less than that.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. He done some bad things. Guess 2005 WS far from your guys mind lol

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta love it. Rios is an absolute lump of shit who is not only one of KW's biggest failures but, one of the biggest failures in White Sox history. Not only could a corpse hit better at the plate but, he dogs it in the field too.
Rios is really bad. There is a reason why Toronto was more than happy to let him go on the waiver claim.

2) Traded Aaron Rowand to the Phillies and allowed Brian Anderson.....yes Brian FUCKING Anderson to play CF.
Okay you lost me here. I get that Brian Anderson sucks, and the trade opened the spot for him. However, you can't ignore the guy they got for Aaron Rowand which was Jim Thome. Thome put up a 1.014 OPS in his first season with the team and it was never below .800 in his time in Chicago.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rios is really bad. There is a reason why Toronto was more than happy to let him go on the waiver claim.

Okay you lost me here. I get that Brian Anderson sucks, and the trade opened the spot for him. However, you can't ignore the guy they got for Aaron Rowand which was Jim Thome. Thome put up a 1.014 OPS in his first season with the team and it was never below .800 in his time in Chicago.

Exactly. I hate that Aaron Rowand left because he was a big part of the team, but getting Jim Thome was huge.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Also, try to imagine the blackout game without Jim Thome's homerun and Brian Anderson's diving catch to end the game.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
jesus...again with the ejax stuff