Time For "The Great" Kenny Williams To Go?

Is It Time For Kenny Williams To Go?

• Fuck Yeah!!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it was Ozzie's decision on Thome. I see why Ozzie moved on, but you have to wonder if it was 2/3 years too soon.

Ahh. I didn't remember that. I do think it was maybe a year or two too soon. The fact that he wanted a rotating DH makes me question him more. It obviously didn't work out.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ahh. I didn't remember that. I do think it was maybe a year or two too soon. The fact that he wanted a rotating DH makes me question him more. It obviously didn't work out.
I could see why Ozzie would not not want Konerko and Thome on the bases at the same time. :tiptoe:

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
of course I blame him for Rios who has had a track record of being inconsistent and a pain in the ass who likes to party while he was in toronto.

yes I blame him for paying a lot of money for a pitcher ( who at the time was on the DL, allbeit an ankle injury ) even though 65% of his money is insured.

I do blame him for not nutting up and telling JR to drop his loyalty to ozzie, and fire one of the worst in game managers in the American League.

I will continue to back the Dunn signing all day long. You cannot blame him for signing him even with the "i dont want to be DH, I have a short attention span" fodder. Players ALL the time say, I dont want to DH, I dont want to pitch in the AL, and they do, and are successful.

And no to whoever stated that Dunn isnt in his pime and is too old, he is fucking 31.

The Dunn signing was a bold move and I'll give KW credit for that. However, what I will blame KW for is signing the wrong player for the DH position.

Being a DH takes a different type of player. Being a DH once took a HOF-caliber player in Frank Thomas and made his numbers drop significantly.

Dunn isn't in the same class as Frank Thomas. Thats probably why when he became a DH his numbers dropped so much further than Thomas' did at the time.

KW isn't to blame for signing Dunn per se. He IS to blame for signing a player for a position he wasn't suited for (Dunn has even said this himself in the past.) and in a league he wasn't familiar with. Combine those two and you have the perfect storm for Dunn's decline.

The only way I see the Sox and Dunn climbing out of this hole is if we let him play 1B regularly and DH Paulie or if we let Dunn play RF (which I want no part of.)

We're in the same situation we were in in the late 90's when we tried to make Thomas the DH so Paulie could play 1B but, Thomas wasn't very good as a DH (or in the field at 1B) so we had to find ways to juggle both of them.

Flash forward to today and substitute Dunn for Thomas and it's as Yogi Berra once said "Deja Vu all over again."

Last edited:

Skills

Mr. South Side
Liked Posts:
Rios still didn't have a year, last year, worthy of the money the Sox paid him. And who said anything about Peavy being a Cy Young pitcher? How about a pitcher who could be relied on for 15 wins, instead of 3 DL stints a year. That would have been just great, considering the money he is getting paid. You are making excuses for them. The money wrapped up in those two is outrageous and we could be fielding A LOT better team if those contracts didn't financially fuck the team.
That wasn't my point. I never said Alex wasn't overpaid but everyone knew he was overpaid anyway. Kenny brought him to the south side to produce and if he had to spend a little more money then so be it.

And 15 wins from Peavy? Yeah the proof's in the pudding right there. 15 from Jake at this point is a pipe dream.

I'm not making excuses for anyone. It's no secret that Alex had a decent season last season but can't produce this season. I want him gone just as much as you do. As far as Jake goes I didn't have ridiculously high exceptions for him so there's no excuse here.

I'm not defending the players here, we're talking about KW.

And the bigger the risky, the bigger the failure. Peavy, Rios, Dunn.
You know you'd be lying if you said you didn't want Adam to come here. Kenny brought him here, it's not his fault that he can't hit the water falling out of a boat this season.

Nah, I'd rather not have Jake at all and instead of Hudson and Gio Gonzalez, which could have been possible if the "gambler" didn't make foolish moves. Or, if you want another scenario, I am sure the Sox could have signed another above average pitcher with the money spent on Peavy.
Daniel Hudson isn't doing much for Arizona. 12 wins with an almost 4 ERA would NOT work on this team. Matter of fact he wouldn't have 12 wins here with that ERA.

Gio Gonzalez is a decent pitcher out in Oakland but he'd be eaten alive in the Cell.

I'd take a healthy Jake over both of them right now. I know, I know, Jake hasn't been healthy here. But that doesn't make the move a bad one.

Umm... we wouldn't still have Jermaine Dye. He couldn't even make a major league team LAST year. Give me a break. I like Quentin, but we are in a critical stretch run RIGHT NOW and he is slumping so bad that Ozzie benched him last night. That says a lot. Shit, we could have Viciedo in RF if our outfield wasn't clogged up so badly.
The only reason we even let JD go is because we had CQ ready to take his spot. Kenny would have re-signed him, trust me. Just because nobody wants to sign him doesn't mean Kenny wouldn't. Scott Podsednik?

Point being? We wouldn't even be in this position if it weren't for his bat after the All Star break. C'mon man...

And yet another person who thinks Viciedo will be a top run producer when he comes up here. People's expectations for him are far too high.

I never said a conservative GM. I said a STABLE GM. I see a lot of GMs around the league making major moves every offseason and around the trade deadline. Every year it happens. Most of them aren't gamblers.
Were those teams already better than we were during the offseason & trade deadline?

Philly? Yes.
Frisco? Yes.

If they were better than us, which they were, wouldn't that mean they didn't have to gamble?

This statement doesn't make sense either. Why isn't the team in a stable position? Because of the GM we have.
It makes complete sense. Kenny put the pieces together for the team to be competitive 4 out of the last 6 years. The players got older and he had to make more moves. You sound like you want to go into rebuild mode relying strictly on a farm system and being timid when it comes to pulling the trigger. Sounds to me like you want to see something like the Cubs :rofl:

No offense, but none of your points make much sense and are shortsighted. You aren't seeing the bigger picture and you assume that other GMs can't make solid moves that aren't gambles. I see examples of them on many teams around the league every day.
They make a lot of sense and 6 seasons after a World Series isn't shortsighted.

What exactly is the bigger picture then?

And the teams you're talking about are already in a better position than we are, that's why they don't need to make as many moves. What's so hard to understand about that?

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That wasn't my point. I never said Alex wasn't overpaid but everyone knew he was overpaid anyway. Kenny brought him to the south side to produce and if he had to spend a little more money then so be it.

Then what was your point on Rios? That the Sox got stuck with his ridiculous contract? Not sure what you are saying about Rios. He is a huge fail.

And 15 wins from Peavy? Yeah the proof's in the pudding right there. 15 from Jake at this point is a pipe dream.

Obviously. Good thing the Sox spent millions on him!

I'm not making excuses for anyone. It's no secret that Alex had a decent season last season but can't produce this season. I want him gone just as much as you do. As far as Jake goes I didn't have ridiculously high exceptions for him so there's no excuse here.

15 wins from a former Cy Young winner with his contract is hardly ridiculously high expectations. Once again, another failed contract.

I'm not defending the players here, we're talking about KW.

And all of his failed moves in the past 3 years... I see very little in your comments to improve my opinion of KW.

You know you'd be lying if you said you didn't want Adam to come here. Kenny brought him here, it's not his fault that he can't hit the water falling out of a boat this season.

Once again, you and Dews both assume that every White Sox fan LOVED this move. I didn't LOVE this move. I thought it was "okay." Definatly not worth the gamble, considering he obviously has mental issues.

Daniel Hudson isn't doing much for Arizona. 12 wins with an almost 4 ERA would NOT work on this team. Matter of fact he wouldn't have 12 wins here with that ERA.

Well of course he wouldn't, considering the pathetic offense this team has. He probably wouldn't have 3. Rios and Dunn are pitcher killers. Thank KW for that!

Gio Gonzalez is a decent pitcher out in Oakland but he'd be eaten alive in the Cell.

Because anyone that pitches solid for Oakland would automatically be horrible in in the cell? A lot of speculation there. Shit, if the Cell was THAT bad, why would ANY pitcher re-sign with the Sox? When you look at a trade, you look at what you gave up against what you got. We got a shitty Nick Swisher for a year and gave up a good, young pitcher. Stop defending this move, it was a shitty trade.

I'd take a healthy Jake over both of them right now. I know, I know, Jake hasn't been healthy here. But that doesn't make the move a bad one.

Jake vs Gonzalez & Hudson are barely compareable. First of all, Jake Peavy is NEVER healthy. Secondly, the other two pitchers were young pitchers with potential. Everyone loves Cooper, how about we give him some more young pitchers to mold, instead of Nick Swisher and an often injured Jake Peavy.

The only reason we even let JD go is because we had CQ ready to take his spot. Kenny would have re-signed him, trust me. Just because nobody wants to sign him doesn't mean Kenny wouldn't. Scott Podsednik?

Umm... when we let JD go, he was DONE. No other team picked him up, there is a reason for that. His legs were absolutely done. And if you have to say "trust me" in a discussion over the internet, no, I won't because your position is weak. That's a tell-tale statement. And this statement is hilarious "Just because nobody wants to sign him doesn't mean Kenny wouldn't." That echos the Rios situation perfectly. The gambler in KW whiffing again.

Point being? We wouldn't even be in this position if it weren't for his bat after the All Star break. C'mon man...

And yet another person who thinks Viciedo will be a top run producer when he comes up here. People's expectations for him are far too high.

Who said Viciedo would be a world beater? I don't, but he would be better then a .250 hitter who was recently benched before getting hurt because he couldn't hit a breaking ball.

Were those teams already better than we were during the offseason & trade deadline?

Philly? Yes.
Frisco? Yes.

So, good GMs improve their teams even more. The entire reason they can is because they have enough prospects to actually trade away. No one will trade with the White Sox because our farm system absolutely blows. Thanks KW.

If they were better than us, which they were, wouldn't that mean they didn't have to gamble?

It makes complete sense. Kenny put the pieces together for the team to be competitive 4 out of the last 6 years. The players got older and he had to make more moves. You sound like you want to go into rebuild mode relying strictly on a farm system and being timid when it comes to pulling the trigger. Sounds to me like you want to see something like the Cubs :rofl:

Wow, just wow. I want a GM who makes smart, sound free agent signings, while also drafting competant players. In both of those areas, KW has failed in the last 3 years. Hence, where we are now... in a very negative-looking future.

They make a lot of sense and 6 seasons after a World Series isn't shortsighted.

What exactly is the bigger picture then?

And the teams you're talking about are already in a better position than we are, that's why they don't need to make as many moves. What's so hard to understand about that?

They are in a better position then we are because over the past 3 years, they have made better moves. What's so hard to understand about that?

*sigh* I'm starting to doubt the fans.

Skills

Mr. South Side
Liked Posts:
Then what was your point on Rios? That the Sox got stuck with his ridiculous contract? Not sure what you are saying about Rios. He is a huge fail.
*facepalm* PRODUCTION. That's the point. Was he productive last season? Yes. Are you not reading?

15 wins from a former Cy Young winner with his contract is hardly ridiculously high expectations. Once again, another failed contract.
Yes it is. He wasn't supposed to come here to be the ace. In fact he was supposed to be third behind Mark & John, possibly even behind Gavin. That's how I looked at it. Your 4th starter is not supposed to win 15 games. What do you think we are, the Braves in the 90s?

And all of his failed moves in the past 3 years... I see very little in your comments to improve my opinion of KW.
I'm not trying to change your opinion just proving there's another side to this coin. You're free to think whatever you want...

Once again, you and Dews both assume that every White Sox fan LOVED this move. I didn't LOVE this move. I thought it was "okay." Definatly not worth the gamble, considering he obviously has mental issues.
Please. You've got to be kidding me if you thought bringing a big left handed bat with power to this side of town when we NEEDED it was an "okay" move :smh:

Well of course he wouldn't, considering the pathetic offense this team has. He probably wouldn't have 3. Rios and Dunn are pitcher killers. Thank KW for that!
...So you reneg on your last statement that he would be a good pitcher on the White Sox or what? Contradicting yourself isn't helping...

Because anyone that pitches solid for Oakland would automatically be horrible in in the cell? A lot of speculation there. Shit, if the Cell was THAT bad, why would ANY pitcher re-sign with the Sox? When you look at a trade, you look at what you gave up against what you got. We got a shitty Nick Swisher for a year and gave up a good, young pitcher. Stop defending this move, it was a shitty trade.
No not anybody, Gio would. What is it with you people pulling different players into this? Obviously Oakland has a pitcher's park. He wouldn't be able to pull off 134 hits & only 11 home runs in our ballpark. Be serious.

lol you're acting like Gio was ready to be an ace on this squad. Stop making him Cy Gonzalez...

Jake vs Gonzalez & Hudson are barely compareable. First of all, Jake Peavy is NEVER healthy. Secondly, the other two pitchers were young pitchers with potential. Everyone loves Cooper, how about we give him some more young pitchers to mold, instead of Nick Swisher and an often injured Jake Peavy.
Aren't you one of the people calling for the entire staff to be fired now all of a sudden Coop is a pitching God who can make any young pitcher incredible? lolwhat?

Actuality > Potentiality. You don't know how those pitchers would have panned out. They could've turned out just like Clayton Richard, which isn't good by the way.

Umm... when we let JD go, he was DONE. No other team picked him up, there is a reason for that. His legs were absolutely done. And if you have to say "trust me" in a discussion over the internet, no, I won't because your position is weak. That's a tell-tale statement. And this statement is hilarious "Just because nobody wants to sign him doesn't mean Kenny wouldn't." That echos the Rios situation perfectly. The gambler in KW whiffing again.
27 HR & 81 RBI's is what you call DONE? You're a joke dude. Nobody else signed Scott Podsednik when the Rockies released him but Kenny and it was because of HIS bat that we went on those win streaks last season. I like how you keep ignoring this.

My position is weak? You already contradicted yourself once and then you bring that sorry ass "this is the internet" argument out. You can do better than that, at least for your sake I hope you can...

Who said Viciedo would be a world beater? I don't, but he would be better then a .250 hitter who was recently benched before getting hurt because he couldn't hit a breaking ball.
lol really? Viciedo > Quentin? I almost wanna quit after this. You've got to be kidding me...

So, good GMs improve their teams even more. The entire reason they can is because they have enough prospects to actually trade away. No one will trade with the White Sox because our farm system absolutely blows. Thanks KW.
You completely dodged the point. Nice one.

Wow, just wow. I want a GM who makes smart, sound free agent signings, while also drafting competant players. In both of those areas, KW has failed in the last 3 years. Hence, where we are now... in a very negative-looking future.
.500 with a couple series left against the division leaders next month and only 5 games out isn't "very negative-looking". Yet another person who counts their chickens before they hatch. All of you assume everything and never let anything happen. That's probably why you're so dismal now.

They are in a better position then we are because over the past 3 years, they have made better moves. What's so hard to understand about that?
What did SF do over the past 3 seasons that is SO much better than our moves?

Philly signed Doc & Cliff, two pitchers that weren't coming here anyway.

*sigh* I'm starting to doubt the fans.
This coming from someone who talked about how me calling out the fans was a "fail" :rolleyes:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
*facepalm* PRODUCTION. That's the point. Was he productive last season? Yes. Are you not reading?

Are you reading as well? His year last year STILL wasn't worth the money he was paid. There is a reason 31 other teams passed on him.

Yes it is. He wasn't supposed to come here to be the ace. In fact he was supposed to be third behind Mark & John, possibly even behind Gavin. That's how I looked at it. Your 4th starter is not supposed to win 15 games. What do you think we are, the Braves in the 90s?

15 wins isn't really "ace" material. Maybe your expectations are poor because of how bad our offense is.

I'm not trying to change your opinion just proving there's another side to this coin. You're free to think whatever you want...

Please. You've got to be kidding me if you thought bringing a big left handed bat with power to this side of town when we NEEDED it was an "okay" move :smh:

Sure, it was needed but that doesn't mean I was excited about Dunn. He isn't a complete player, even besides this year. Not every Sox fan was jumping for joy when we got him.

...So you reneg on your last statement that he would be a good pitcher on the White Sox or what? Contradicting yourself isn't helping...

No, you didn't read my response correctly. I was pointing out how bad our offense is because of the moves KW has made. With how poor the offense is, perhaps 15 wins is insane.

No not anybody, Gio would. What is it with you people pulling different players into this? Obviously Oakland has a pitcher's park. He wouldn't be able to pull off 134 hits & only 11 home runs in our ballpark. Be serious.

lol you're acting like Gio was ready to be an ace on this squad. Stop making him Cy Gonzalez...

Once again, Gio + Hudson + the $$$ we would still have from Peavy's contract = a much better situation then we are in now.

Aren't you one of the people calling for the entire staff to be fired now all of a sudden Coop is a pitching God who can make any young pitcher incredible? lolwhat?

Once again, reading is a great thing. I said if people want to make Ozzie and Walker the scape goats, I would be okay with it. Personally, my ideal offseason would be KW and Walker being fired. I don't blame Ozzie for a lot of things because he is trying to a manage a team that isn't tailored to what he wants. Obviously, Cooper is a great pitching coach. Learn to read.

Actuality > Potentiality. You don't know how those pitchers would have panned out. They could've turned out just like Clayton Richard, which isn't good by the way.
Which is why I never bring up Richards. And I don't think that any "actuality" would have turned out worse then what Peavy has done for this ball club, on the field, off the field and financially.

27 HR & 81 RBI's is what you call DONE? You're a joke dude. Nobody else signed Scott Podsednik when the Rockies released him but Kenny and it was because of HIS bat that we went on those win streaks last season. I like how you keep ignoring this.

Yes, JD was and is DONE. Why isn't he playing ball anymore, if he is so good? My gawd, this is hilarious.

My position is weak? You already contradicted yourself once and then you bring that sorry ass "this is the internet" argument out. You can do better than that, at least for your sake I hope you can...

I haven't contradicted myself, you are just having trouble reading.

lol really? Viciedo > Quentin? I almost wanna quit after this. You've got to be kidding me...

Once again, I never said Viciedo was better then Quentin. And I could be wrong there, he might just be better but we won't know until the kid is given an opportunity to play.

You completely dodged the point. Nice one.

You have to make a point for it to be dodged.

.500 with a couple series left against the division leaders next month and only 5 games out isn't "very negative-looking". Yet another person who counts their chickens before they hatch. All of you assume everything and never let anything happen. That's probably why you're so dismal now.

Hahahaha. Okay, stay "all in" if you want. It doesn't mean that other people can't look at this roster and see that as completely underachieving.

What did SF do over the past 3 seasons that is SO much better than our moves?

Philly signed Doc & Cliff, two pitchers that weren't coming here anyway.

They sign and re-sign players that actually contribute to a team? They have very good minor league systems so they can compliment those signings with solid, young players? I know that's a foreign concept to most Sox fans because we haven't seen that in awhile, but that is how good baseball teams do business, not by gambling away everything and hoping they get lucky.

This coming from someone who talked about how me calling out the fans was a "fail" :rolleyes:

The excuses for KW keep on rolling in!

Skills

Mr. South Side
Liked Posts:
Are you reading as well? His year last year STILL wasn't worth the money he was paid. There is a reason 31 other teams passed on him.
Forget it, you aren't even debating anymore you're just repeating yourself instead of replying.

15 wins isn't really "ace" material. Maybe your expectations are poor because of how bad our offense is.
No, they weren't high because I know better...

Sure, it was needed but that doesn't mean I was excited about Dunn. He isn't a complete player, even besides this year. Not every Sox fan was jumping for joy when we got him.
Anyone complaining about this move isn't gonna be satisfied with anything Kenny does and those people are what I like to call: lame.

We need something, Kenny goes & gets it, the dude doesn't perform how he's expected to so now it's all Kenny's fault. Can't tell you how much fail comes in that logic.

No, you didn't read my response correctly. I was pointing out how bad our offense is because of the moves KW has made. With how poor the offense is, perhaps 15 wins is insane.
Players underperforming is NOT the GM's fault. That's the player's. Jesus it's like talking to a brick wall...

Once again, Gio + Hudson + the $$$ we would still have from Peavy's contract = a much better situation then we are in now.
So this isn't about the player it's about the payroll. Took you long enough to get the real point.

And what if we did save all of that money to have two piss poor pitchers? You'd be complaining about how Kenny isn't spending. I dare you to say you wouldn't.

Once again, reading is a great thing. I said if people want to make Ozzie and Walker the scape goats, I would be okay with it. Personally, my ideal offseason would be KW and Walker being fired. I don't blame Ozzie for a lot of things because he is trying to a manage a team that isn't tailored to what he wants. Obviously, Cooper is a great pitching coach. Learn to read.
So how does this only come down to Coop when Ozzie is the one who doesn't know how to pull a pitcher when his time to get pulled comes up? Coop can't do anything about it if Ozzie leaves the pitchers in too long. That's what it comes down to.

Which is why I never bring up Richards. And I don't think that any "actuality" would have turned out worse then what Peavy has done for this ball club, on the field, off the field and financially.
Blah blah blah. Complain about Peavy all you want but I'm tired of hearing it. Go cry to someone who can find a fuck to give you...

Yes, JD was and is DONE. Why isn't he playing ball anymore, if he is so good? My gawd, this is hilarious.
lol Yet AGAIN you keep ducking the other point. How do you expect me to take you seriously if you don't actually reply to what I'm saying?

I haven't contradicted myself, you are just having trouble reading.
Yeah you did and if you knew how to say what you meant and mean what you say you wouldn't be back tracking and saying "well I actually meant this". Get it right the first time...

Once again, I never said Viciedo was better then Quentin. And I could be wrong there, he might just be better but we won't know until the kid is given an opportunity to play.
*sigh* Yet another contradiction...

I mean seriously dude. If you can't even remember what you're saying then you've got some serious issues you need to work out. Yeah lol I can't read at all. And it's quite obvious you're talking about CQ. He's hitting .255. He just got benched. He had injury problems and he can't hit a breaking ball.

Why am I even wasting my time with you...

You have to make a point for it to be dodged.
*Yawns* Of course I didn't...

Hahahaha. Okay, stay "all in" if you want. It doesn't mean that other people can't look at this roster and see that as completely underachieving.
Who said they weren't?

They sign and re-sign players that actually contribute to a team? They have very good minor league systems so they can compliment those signings with solid, young players? I know that's a foreign concept to most Sox fans because we haven't seen that in awhile, but that is how good baseball teams do business, not by gambling away everything and hoping they get lucky.
I ask you a very direct question and you give me an indirect and generic answer. No specifics what so ever.

Fuck it...

The excuses for KW keep on rolling in!
This pathetic attempt at a debate from you is over.

Brush up your skills and come back to me when you're finished...

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
@Skills--

You're obviously having a hard time with the concepts of "cause and effect" and "contradiction":

Contradiction-- con·tra·dic·tion noun \ˌkän-trə-ˈdik-shən\

Definition of CONTRADICTION
1: act or an instance of contradicting

2a : a proposition, statement, or phrase that asserts or implies both the truth and falsity of something b : a statement or phrase whose parts contradict each other <a round square is a contradiction in terms>

3a : logical incongruity b : a situation in which inherent factors, actions, or propositions are inconsistent or contrary to one another

Therefore, this statement by Gunzaan:

Gunzaan said:

is NOT a contradiction.

Cause and Effect

Skills said:
Anyone complaining about this move isn't gonna be satisfied with anything Kenny does and those people are what I like to call: lame.

We need something, Kenny goes & gets it, the dude doesn't perform how he's expected to so now it's all Kenny's fault. Can't tell you how much fail comes in that logic.

Cause-- KW acquired players who were bad at baseball, mentally weak, didn't fit in the the positions he signed them for, didn't fit the philosophy of his manager, were often injured, and underachieved even before he signed them even though the evaluation of these factors including their mental makeup is in the realm of his job responsibilities.

He also handicapped team payroll as a result (payroll is also one of his responsibilities.) by trading away younger, cheaper prospects who were as good or better than the players he acquired. In theory, he can't go out an make the White Sox better because of these contracts that he either acquired in trades, waivers, or signings.

Effect-- Fans now look at KW like he is an incompetent boob because he didn't perform his job correctly and up to (even his own) standards for a successful GM. Which appears to be justified.

It doesn't get anymore logical and straight forward than that. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? It isn't difficult to grasp and because it's fairly black and white, it is neither "lame" nor "full of fail".

Last edited:

Skills

Mr. South Side
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the english lesson professor :rolleyes:

It's not a hard concept to grasp but see you wasted your entire post talking about cause and effect when the two posts you quoted have NO relation to each other.

You posted a definition and somehow got lost when what happened is a clear example of 3a. Go back to my post and read it. He said Viciedo WOULD be better than Quentin, then he said that he wouldn't.

That right there is a little something called, oh I dunno, inconsistency.

Get your facts straight before you try to correct somebody :lmao:

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
to answer the original post its time for him to mosey on down the road hopefully to one of our rivals!!!

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread has gone from one person's silly opinion that KW is awful and that firing him will solve everything into a fight about every single little move he has made. Neither one of you guys is ever going to convince the other on your point. Just agree to disagree. You're just making yourself mad.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
This thread has gone from one person's silly opinion that KW is awful and that firing him will solve everything into a fight about every single little move he has made. Neither one of you guys is ever going to convince the other on your point. Just agree to disagree. You're just making yourself mad.

Silly? Solve everything?

First off, I don't appreciate my opinion being called silly. Second, I never said it would solve everything. What I did imply was that firing KW is one of things this team needs to do to stop sliding further and further. I NEVER said it was the "end all be all" that would make everything better.

It's just one thing this team needs to do to get back on track. KW needs to stop being our GM. If he wants to stay an executive and let Rick Hahn become our GM, then that's fine too.

Reading is fun!!

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
and the winner is............ by split decision...........and new heavyweight bullshitter of the WORLD.............

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Silly? Solve everything?

First off, I don't appreciate my opinion being called silly. Second, I never said it would solve everything. What I did imply was that firing KW is one of things this team needs to do to stop sliding further and further. I NEVER said it was the "end all be all" that would make everything better.

It's just one thing this team needs to do to get back on track. KW needs to stop being our GM. If he wants to stay an executive and let Rick Hahn become our GM, then that's fine too.

Reading is fun!!

Well, I agree to some extent that he should probably be fired eventually. I just disagree with the order that you want to do things. In my opinion, the Sox have to take it slow. Rapid change isn't going to help the team.

I also agree that reading is fun. I like seeing other people's opinions, hence why I joined and like this message board. It was just getting frustrating seeing two people basically say the same thing over and over again.