Forte Considering Holdout

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well for anyone who thinks the owners didn't win the lockout, they certainly did with that new incentive to sign. Yeah, that's probably going to keep salaries down a bit.
Given how lopsided NFL contracts are where most of the money isn't guaranteed this was the one piece of leverage players had. I am glad we have football, but man the union in the NFL sucks. Have they ever won any standoff with the NFL owners?

EROCK23

Liked Posts:
Ehh. I really doubt Forte will hold out. Even though he is immensly underpaid I think he is a Class A guy who will report to camp day 1.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
Class A has nothing to do with it. He should hold out all year so he's not a part of the fucking Shit Wreck that Martz is about to run aground.

EROCK23

Liked Posts:
Man u REALLY are a martz hater

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I was totally against his hiring. I gave him a chance but he had a shit offense that nearly got our QB killed and now he's being given more power?

EROCK23

Liked Posts:
Everything you guys say is very true but honestly who expected us to make the playoffs last year or win the division. Not me. Not many others either so just the fact we made it was big imo. The defense came back last year and was very solid and the offesne did what they needed to do to win. Do we need more obviously yes but Im eager to see what Martz can do in year 2.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I was totally against his hiring. I gave him a chance but he had a shit offense that nearly got our QB killed and now he's being given more power?
Was it his shit offense, or was it the players that he was given?

thedude33

Liked Posts:
Was it his shit offense, or was it the players that he was given?

You know what, you know the answer is both. But he LIKES these players. He just ran out the one he didn't like. You know, the guy that lead the team in TDs.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Give Martz at least one more year before you can hate on him. We went to the NFC Championship game in his first year. if we fired him after one year that would be asinine. People bring up the bullshit about how the Greatest Show on Turf won the super bowl year 1. well they had Bruce and Holt, and a jesus offensive line. wouldn't be too hard to get to the superbowl with that. Give Martz time

:bearbang:

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I like your checklist, btw. I think they could have won that damn game with a better O. I hope them signing this big earthmover from Pittsburgh means they'll run the ball. OK, consider this scenario:

The Bears do get Awesome-wah or some other killer defensive player. They say, what now? No one can move the ball on them. So they are patient on O and run the fucking ball like Prop Joe be running game on The Wire. That would be cool. I'll take back all I've said tonight but until I see some evidence, I'm pissed.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to hear what offense works without an offensive line and what guyson the line where Martz's guy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I want to hear what offense works without an offensive line and what guyson the line where Martz's guy.
Same here. Bill Walsh, George Hallas, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, or Tom Landry couldn't win with the offensive line last year.

Maybe Pacino's character from Any Given Sunday.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everybody wanted Olsen gone after last season. said he was soft...he couldn't block...and he fumbled too much. What changed?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not good enough to lose sleep over. Good riddance to Forte as far as I'm concerned.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He's not good enough to lose sleep over. Good riddance to Forte as far as I'm concerned.
Umm. 1600 YFS last season behind the Bears OL.

He isn't replaceable by just one RB.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
peggykusinski peggy kusinski
I can confirm #Bears RB Matt #Forte IS in camp, just saw him with #Hester & team inside meeting hall. New look for #Forte is bald!

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
with the new CBA rules holding out is really useless

if you don't show up by a certain date your contract get extend another year. (at least thats how they made it sound last night when they were talking Deshawn Jackson hold out on NFL total access )

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:

Ummmmm What?! :turrible::obama:

When Forte's name is right next to Walter Payton's in the Bears recordbooks, then you resign him to a multi-year deal.

Give the man what he deserves....PERIOD.