Official Disc Golf Thread

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
So i had this idea pop into my head tonight while at work. Every Summer Iowa does a bikeride across iowa called ragbhri. I thought instead of riding a bicyle ride across iowa go on a discin week across iowa. I was looking on the link i posted earlier about courses... Noticed their was a very big ammount of courses all the way across. Start a Saturday, play two courses, party that night wake up, play two more courses party the next night and continue for a whole week. I might try and talk a couple of my friends into doing this. I think it could be a blast. Bring tents and camp or go classy and buy hotel rooms. But i think camping is more rugged and cheaper. What are your guys' thoughts like or disclike my idea?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
That'd be awesome. If I lived in Iowa I'd go with ya. Me and a buddy talked about something similar but in a couple months worth of time instead of a week.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
id join you if it was camping.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys can come if ya want something to schedule a couple months ahead of time. The week of camping, drinkin, 420'ing, and most of all Discing will be legendary.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
If yall get to SE wisconsin I can show you the courses in this area.

Personal milestone, at my local course, hole 9 is an uphill 300 foot slight dogleg right. I side-armed the hell outta my drive and overshot the hole by 15 feet. Trees in the way, I can birdie that hole 1 of 8 times now, my friends are lucky to do it 1 in 50

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've evolved into a side arm thrower. Now when I try and throw normally, I can't do it. I get much more power and accuracy throwing side arm. I was about 3 feet away from my first ever ace the other day.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Bump!! So with this crazy weather (i think i finally am done til spring) I have been playing as much as i can and finished my season strong with a few rounds in a row shooting under. Anybody else take advantage of the crazy weather? I finally found my favorite disc last week in my backyard. Was not able to get that 4th Ace came very close a number of times. But its back to my ps3 move to get me through the winter.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Love frisbee, always wanted to get into disc golf but have yet to play. I had a bunch of people who wanted up play when i lived in PIT but everyone here in douchey south florida arent into that kind of stuff.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's always been windy on my campus so far this year, so I haven't even thought about going yet, but I'm itching to get out and golf. Haven't thrown in about 3-4 months. After that first week of throwing I'll be sore for sure. Gotta get my shoulder and elbow into a routine again.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
i didnt go at all last year. im super bummed about that.... this summer will be a different and legendary season of disc golf.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
i didnt go at all last year. im super bummed about that.... this summer will be a different and legendary season of disc golf.
Thats nOOb status bud...you better go out at least 15 times to even count as a true season.
i dont even know what this is actually

Look into it and try it out you will be hooked after your first decent throw no question. Try to find someone to go with who knows whats going on and can give you a couple pointers it will make it more enjoyable. Based on this thread there are plenty of people to play with.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Also.. bring beers while playing.

And a J if you are into that too, makes it even better! If ya got an ipod with portable speakers it can take your disc experience to the next level.

My Checklist before I go.
Discs
weed
beer/gatorade (depends on the mood i am in)
Ipod+speakers
Seeds/ Tobacco of choice
Towel (if the course is on the muddy side)

That is the list for success.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:

Now while some of these shots are impressive, most are just ordinary shots that they zoom back to make it look deeper. Here is a video of some aces most are fairly short i think the most impressive is at the .55 second mark. The one over the water is pretty good too but not much distance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXGUOEmv7Gw]★★Ultimate Discgolf Ace Mix★★ - YouTube[/ame]

Here are some guys gettin serious d!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QoReHaHkpw[/ame]

Last edited: