Official Offseason Thread...Around The Majors

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to be fun watching A-Ram hit .300 25 HR + 90 RBI + for a division rival in MIL while Cubs 3B hitting .250 10 HR 40 RBI...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna hate Ramirez leaving, but am happy the Cubs won't give him the contract he's going to get.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna hate Ramirez leaving, but am happy the Cubs won't give him the contract he's going to get.

3 yrs really hurt Cubs? NO! Vitters is still far away or wont even make MLB. What are other options? 3B is so weak in MLB right now. So we going to let one of the best go and get nothing

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It depends on the contract Ramirez gets. That said we are going to see a huge drop in production from what we got last year to what we will get this year.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ramirez wants a 4 year contract or if he can't get that, a 3 year contract with a 4th year option. It's not really that, a team will overpay for Ramirez's service and better not to get into a bidding war.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
3 yrs really hurt Cubs? NO! Vitters is still far away or wont even make MLB. What are other options? 3B is so weak in MLB right now. So we going to let one of the best go and get nothing

We don't get nothing, we get a supplemental draft pick.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Cubs are far away with or without Ramirez :tiptoe:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
CHICAGO (AP)—The Chicago Cubs have picked Shiraz Rehman as their assistant to the general manager, reporting to Jed Hoyer.

The 34-year-old Rehman joins the Cubs after six seasons with the Diamondbacks, most recently serving as the club’s director of player personnel. He is also a former director of baseball operations and manager of baseball operations for Arizona.

Rehman will help Hoyer evaluate players and assist in potential player acquisitions.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to be fun watching A-Ram hit .300 25 HR + 90 RBI + for a division rival in MIL while Cubs 3B hitting .250 10 HR 40 RBI...
Would you quit bitching and complaining about it? We get that you don't want to see him go.

Seriously why bother have Ramirez? It's a waste of money and a waste of a roster spot instead of playing Lamehiu (spell check) or someone else. Ramirez puts people in seats, that is the only reason we would want him right now. I'm a huge fan of him but it's time to let him go and get the pick. He's pretty much worth less to us as of right now. If you want him so bad buy a team and give him the money he wants.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are people so ready to concede next season? Some of you act as if this team is the Astros, but we do have a number of pieces in places right now and more on the way.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Why are people so ready to concede next season? Some of you act as if this team is the Astros, but we do have a number of pieces in places right now and more on the way.

We may not be Houston, but we are pretty damn bad. If we somehow got Fielder, Darvish, Cespedes, Wilson, traded Byrd, called up Brett Jackson, and traded for Headley, we might have a chance to finish .500.

Last edited:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are bad, but you guys act like there is no point in playing next season. I'm certainly glad that the front office isn't taking that attitude.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
There is a point... watching Castro dominate the MLB.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We are bad, but you guys act like there is no point in playing next season. I'm certainly glad that the front office isn't taking that attitude.
Where and how do you see the Cubs passing the Cardinals and Brewers next season?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where and how do you see the Cubs passing the Cardinals and Brewers next season?

Impossible to say without knowing the resources the Cubs have to devote to this season, but you guys act like we play in the AL East.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Impossible to say without knowing the resources the Cubs have to devote to this season, but you guys act like we play in the AL East.
The Cards and Brewers both won 90+ games, the Cards without their best pitcher.

Could a oddity happen and the Cubs win the division next season? Definitely. I'm just not banking on it, and preparing for another season without a World Series title.

It seems like A Ram thinks that the Cubs don't have a chance this season.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cards and Brewers both won 90+ games, the Cards without their best pitcher.

Could a oddity happen and the Cubs win the division next season? Definitely. I'm just not banking on it, and preparing for another season without a World Series title.

It seems like A Ram thinks that the Cubs don't have a chance this season.

I wouldn't bank on it either, but stranger things have happened in baseball. Do we have the same payroll because we can buy some impact players if that is the case? What are we going to get out of Brett Jackson? This team is going to be substantial different next season, and the idea that we are doomed to fail next year is silly. I wouldn't go 4 years for Ramirez if that is what is going to take. However, there is the issue of not just this season but the following year and the year after that. The internal options to fill that spot are non-existent. And what else is available isn't pretty.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are taking that attitude from the looks of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.