If you were MLB commissioner...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. It makes tons more sense than the AS game. I don't know if this "passed" but did MLB make the AS Game mandatory finally unless the player has a legit reason to skip?

Yup, it's in the new CBA.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The point though is that if you are the MLB which plays so many more games that you'd have to try to stack series and homestands as geographically close to each other as possible. But I think MLB already sort of does that anyway so that's not really an issue in my opinion.

I think they'd also frown on two teams in the same "conference" in the same city so that's why they'd probably keep the league designations.

He said that no other sports league goes without two leagues in it, I corrected him with bringing up conferences. I think he didn't read the rest of his post about geographically aligned conferences because he said that it never happens in other sports and that he didn't know of a way to determine which teams play for the championship?

I assumed that he read "get rid of AL and NL" and stopped there.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He said that no other sports league goes without two leagues in it, I corrected him with bringing up conferences. I think he didn't read the rest of his post about geographically aligned conferences because he said that it never happens in other sports and that he didn't know of a way to determine which teams play for the championship?

I assumed that he read "get rid of AL and NL" and stopped there.

I did. No reason to eliminate leagues just change divisions to geographic ones. If that is what is meant than that still works for play offs