OT: Cespedes To Sign With A's

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Fun with early stats:
Cubs 7 HRs
Cespedes 5 HRs

I agree with not giving him the four year deal til free agency, but man it is looking like he is the real deal early.

Ya I get the hype now the guy is a beast he is very Sammy like and has a cannon in the outfield. Beane looks really smart now but it could of very well turned out like many other foreigner who dont translate.

He really has rare power I love watching him swing the bat I always enjoy watching the As but now I watch them even more.

I still think Beane will trade him at the deadline for spects if he keeps raking.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understood why the Cubs weren't willing to give him the type of deal the A's did, which is why he signed with Oakland. But still doesn't mean we can't lament our loss on that one.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh the league will catch up to him. Cubs smartest offseason move was not throwing a bunch of dough at him.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Oh the league will catch up to him. Cubs smartest offseason move was not throwing a bunch of dough at him.

Of course they will, it always does. I happen to think that he's talented enough to readjust back. He's doing all of this on raw ability so far, it is impressive and I think he's here to stay. His production will go down, but I don't think it craters over the long term.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The objection to Cespedes wasn't so much his ability, but his age relative to the timetable of the Cubs' plan. He's already 26 (possibly older) and by the time the Cubs stop sucking he'll have reached free agency and he'll be on the other side of "old" so that signing wouldn't have made as much sense.