Steve Aschburner: Don't be so quick to trade for Howard

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that Haslem had his important moments in that series.

You all expect Lebron, Wade and Bosh to play well. But the way Haslem played has been something unexpected for the Bulls. Maybe our bigs didn´t focus on him enough and thought they have an easy game when he is in and Bosh is on the bench for stretches.

Never underestimate your oponent!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think giving up Noah, and draft picks is giving up much. You wouldn't trade Noah for Kareem? Probably not, would talk about how aloof Kareem was, and how his teammates didn't like him. Moses? Probably would talk about his lack of athleticism and how he didn't win much of anything in his career to that point. Shaq? Might talk about his wanting to be Hollywood more than wanting to be a great basketball player.
If I'm to understand what you're saying. Are you saying that Howard is on the level of Kareem and Moses? Okay. I don't know what to say to that. We're talking about trading Noah, Deng (maybe), Taj, Asik and the Char pick for Howard and getting hedo back with him.. You don't think that kills our bench? I guess Howard will play 48 per.

I am talking about Shaq/Kobe, Magic/Kareem,etc...you bring up Mugsy Bogues...you absolutely don't get it. You have to be kidding me.
So Bogues, Mourning, LJ, and Gill weren't an awesome team and you're saying Mugsy wasn't a fantastic PG? Please don't say you're saying that.

Point blank...if you could trade Noah, Charlotte pick and Taj or Omer for Howard...would you do it?
But you KNOW for a FACT that Orlando would take that trade for Howard. Unless you think they're that stupid. I would hazard a guess that they are smarter than that and aren't going to take such a lopsided trade.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If I'm to understand what you're saying. Are you saying that Howard is on the level of Kareem and Moses? Okay. I don't know what to say to that. We're talking about trading Noah, Deng (maybe), Taj, Asik and the Char pick for Howard and getting hedo back with him.. You don't think that kills our bench? I guess Howard will play 48 per.

Howard, like those players, is the best big man in the league. In Howard's case, there is nobody close to him. He will be a hall of fame center eventually. That is my point.

So Bogues, Mourning, LJ, and Gill weren't an awesome team and you're saying Mugsy wasn't a fantastic PG? Please don't say you're saying that.

No they were not awesome in my opinion. LJ was injured and never the same, Mourning and LJ didn't like each other. Bogues is not the type of point guard I am talking about putting Howard with. Bogues was not an allstar caliber point guard. Why is he even being brought up in conversation? You talk about how Rondo couldn't hit jumpshots...but you want to sing the praises of Muggsy Bogues? Give me a break.

But you KNOW for a FACT that Orlando would take that trade for Howard. Unless you think they're that stupid. I would hazard a guess that they are smarter than that and aren't going to take such a lopsided trade.

I don't know what they will do! Why have a damn forum? Nobody here is in a real NBA war room. This is all speculation.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The same guy who failed to win an NBA Championship last year.

Right, I bet Derrick Rose said that to himself, and slept better over the summer....OK!

I would rather the Bulls beat the Heat and lose in the Finals than lose to the Heat and have people celebrate the Heat losing in the Finals, but that is just me.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard, like those players, is the best big man in the league. In Howard's case, there is nobody close to him. He will be a hall of fame center eventually. That is my point.
Howard is the best center by default though and yes he will be a hall of famer eventually, but who was his competition?

No they were not awesome in my opinion. LJ was injured and never the same, Mourning and LJ didn't like each other. Bogues is not the type of point guard I am talking about putting Howard with. Bogues was not an allstar caliber point guard. Why is he even being brought up in conversation? You talk about how Rondo couldn't hit jumpshots...but you want to sing the praises of Muggsy Bogues? Give me a break.
Well, you weren't watching them. I was a huge Charlotte Hornets fan being that my father is from NC. So I watched them as much as I could. They had an awesome squad when it was first put together. I agree infighting brought them down. But Bogues was a very good PG. I know Rondo is a great PG. I call him a scrub because I hate him. There's a difference.

I don't know what they will do! Why have a damn forum? Nobody here is in a real NBA war room. This is all speculation.

Then why do you act like you know? I thought the purpose for having a forum was so people can express their opinions. Not someone state their opinions and get attacked constantly for it and get called out of their names and all kinds of other high school ass nonsense.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, I bet Derrick Rose said that to himself, and slept better over the summer....OK!

I would rather the Bulls beat the Heat and lose in the Finals than lose to the Heat and have people celebrate the Heat losing in the Finals, but that is just me.
Didn't you tell us that them beating the Bulls was a good thing and to look at it objectively? I don't know how you are on other sites man. But here, you seem to be driving the Heat bandwagon and always attack posters who say something about them.

I could be mistaken, but it doesn't seem like you like anyone not praising lebron and the heat. You defend that team more than I see you praising the Bulls.

But that's just me.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Howard is the best center by default though and yes he will be a hall of famer eventually, but who was his competition?

Well, you weren't watching them. I was a huge Charlotte Hornets fan being that my father is from NC. So I watched them as much as I could. They had an awesome squad when it was first put together. I agree infighting brought them down. But Bogues was a very good PG. I know Rondo is a great PG. I call him a scrub because I hate him. There's a difference.

Then why do you act like you know? I thought the purpose for having a forum was so people can express their opinions. Not someone state their opinions and get attacked constantly for it and get called out of their names and all kinds of other high school ass nonsense.

LOL at Bogues being a pg to lead a dynasty...he wasn't a star pg...not even top 15 in his era. Stop the madness.

It doesn't matter if Howard is the best by default...the fact is, he is the best! He is the only player of his caliber. Phil Jackson said he would build a team around Howard before Lebron and Kobe...why? Because Howard is the premiere center in the league. And it ain't close.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Didn't you tell us that them beating the Bulls was a good thing and to look at it objectively? I don't know how you are on other sites man. But here, you seem to be driving the Heat bandwagon and always attack posters who say something about them.

I could be mistaken, but it doesn't seem like you like anyone not praising lebron and the heat. You defend that team more than I see you praising the Bulls.

But that's just me.

I don't ever remember saying that the Heat beating the Bulls was a better scenario than the Bulls beating the Heat. I predicted that the Heat would beat the Bulls because the Heat was better and they had 2 superstars that were possibly better than the Bulls one superstar.

And it seems to me that you lack objectivity. Objectivity is supposed to come with maturity. It seems that nothing is the Bulls fault. Rose does no wrong. He walks on water. You spent the whole series talking about how the league cheated the Bulls. That doesn't make you some great Bulls fan, that means you are delusional.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't ever remember saying that the Heat beating the Bulls was a better scenario than the Bulls beating the Heat. I predicted that the Heat would beat the Bulls because the Heat was better and they had 2 superstars that were possibly better than the Bulls one superstar.
You told us to be objective after the ECF loss.

And it seems to me that you lack objectivity. Objectivity is supposed to come with maturity. It seems that nothing is the Bulls fault. Rose does no wrong. He walks on water. You spent the whole series talking about how the league cheated the Bulls. That doesn't make you some great Bulls fan, that means you are delusional.
Not the case at all. Rose and the Bulls have enough detractors that I deal with on a daily basis. The one refuge I thought I had where I can hear positive views on my favorite team would be a forum dedicated to the team. Who needs to be objective on a Bulls forum?

I'm delusional that they had 6 guys on the court and we all complained about it?

Also, I don't think Rose walks on water, what type of shit is that? And things are the Bulls fault. If you posted in the game thread a few days ago when the Bulls were coming back in it with Rose on the bench while Boozer was knocking down shot after shot, Rose came in and started jacking up shots. I posted that I didn't like the way Rose was playing. I felt he was taking too many shots for himself instead of getting it to the hot hand.

You know what happened? I got attacked for that. People said, "if he was making those shots, you wouldn't be saying anything." So I can and do criticize Rose and Bulls players for shit that happens during the games. So, I'm damned if do and damned if I don't.

But since you don't post in game threads, you didn't see that post.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at Bogues being a pg to lead a dynasty...he wasn't a star pg...not even top 15 in his era. Stop the madness.
Please show me where I said Bogues was a star PG and one to lead a dynasty. I said he was a fantastic PG and fit well with the team around him. Please don't put words in my mouth man.

It doesn't matter if Howard is the best by default...the fact is, he is the best! He is the only player of his caliber. Phil Jackson said he would build a team around Howard before Lebron and Kobe...why? Because Howard is the premiere center in the league. And it ain't close.
You say this like I will disagree with you or something. I said Dwight is the best, but he's also that by default. That does matter. I know you're superstar obsessed, but players are judged not only by what they do, but by their competition. If you disagree with that, then we need to stop right now.

Who did Wilt have? Russell.

Shaq? Robinson, Olajuwan, Ewing, Duncan (to a degree)Smits, Mourning, etc.

Kareem? Olajuwan, Ewing, Gilmore, Reed, Moses, Parish, etc.

Who does Howard have? Bynum, Chandler, Noah, Hibbert, Bogut, Perkins, Aldridge (?), Ilyasova (?), I mean come on, this isn't hall of fame competition we're talking about.

So to me, that takes him down a bit. Who is making the Hall out of this bunch? I'd guess and say none of them. So to me, he George Mikan. Dominating by default.

He's great don't get me wrong. But he's still just a product of his competition.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You told us to be objective after the ECF loss.

Not the case at all. Rose and the Bulls have enough detractors that I deal with on a daily basis. The one refuge I thought I had where I can hear positive views on my favorite team would be a forum dedicated to the team. Who needs to be objective on a Bulls forum?

I'm delusional that they had 6 guys on the court and we all complained about it?

Also, I don't think Rose walks on water, what type of shit is that? And things are the Bulls fault. If you posted in the game thread a few days ago when the Bulls were coming back in it with Rose on the bench while Boozer was knocking down shot after shot, Rose came in and started jacking up shots. I posted that I didn't like the way Rose was playing. I felt he was taking too many shots for himself instead of getting it to the hot hand.

You know what happened? I got attacked for that. People said, "if he was making those shots, you wouldn't be saying anything." So I can and do criticize Rose and Bulls players for shit that happens during the games. So, I'm damned if do and damned if I don't.

But since you don't post in game threads, you didn't see that post.

Yes I said that everyone should be objective after the Bulls loss.
Actually, that was a taste of your own medicine. I have criticized Lebron, and was even told that I was a bit harsh after the Finals. So it is what it is. You stated that the Heat were aided by the refs. You stated it continuously. You never blamed the Bulls for their losing in the ECF.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
A few more days until we know if Howard is staying or leaving CAN'T WAIT!

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
DwightHowardNets1_display_image.jpeg

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes I said that everyone should be objective after the Bulls loss.
Actually, that was a taste of your own medicine. I have criticized Lebron, and was even told that I was a bit harsh after the Finals. So it is what it is. You stated that the Heat were aided by the refs. You stated it continuously. You never blamed the Bulls for their losing in the ECF.
Yeah, it was during the games, where emotion is involved. I don't watch games, especially Bulls playoff games, like an analyst. I watch them like a fan with his heart on his sleeve. So yeah I'm going to say shit like that during the game. But have you heard me say anything of the sort since then?

No.

What I say about it is, the Heat got better by gaining guys while the Bulls got worse by losing guys like Asik and Boozer and Noah being hobbled. Even Rose was suffering through turf toe during that series. They still had some bad bounces that could've went their way and changed the series. It didn't happen, oh well. Miami didn't win, so I'm good.

Now, the Bulls have a great chance to beat Miami, provided that they are healthy. I just feel the Bulls are better suited to beating them, especially since all of the games have been close.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it was during the games, where emotion is involved. I don't watch games, especially Bulls playoff games, like an analyst. I watch them like a fan with his heart on his sleeve. So yeah I'm going to say shit like that during the game. But have you heard me say anything of the sort since then?

I watch games as a fan too bruh. Doesn't mean I can't be objective about talent dispersed across the league. Doesn't mean I can't see another team as a better team. After watching the Bulls for so many years, its not hard for me to keep things in perspective. I don't ever blame referees for why the Bulls don't succeed, because I can think of times that the Bulls were both hurt and benefited from officiating. I looked at the Bulls having chances and being shut down.

No.

What I say about it is, the Heat got better by gaining guys while the Bulls got worse by losing guys like Asik and Boozer and Noah being hobbled. Even Rose was suffering through turf toe during that series. They still had some bad bounces that could've went their way and changed the series. It didn't happen, oh well. Miami didn't win, so I'm good.

While I was happy Dallas won, it didn't make things "good" for the season as a Bulls fan for me. I saw that the Bulls are going to lose to this team for years to come unless another star player is brought in. The Bulls haven't done that...so no, I am not good.

Now, the Bulls have a great chance to beat Miami, provided that they are healthy. I just feel the Bulls are better suited to beating them, especially since all of the games have been close.

I don't...the Heat got better, the Bulls are no different. So I am afraid the same result will take place.