April Fool's Joke Is Over(Tribune, DirecTV Reach Deal; WGN Back On Air)

ZAN

Liked Posts:
this will all pass over. dont get your panties in a bunch. the subscribers will pressure direcTV until they bring back WGN...especially when we start to really get baseball season rolling and Cub/Sox fans realize they will miss about 1/3 of the baseball seasons games on WGN for their respective teams...

until then, catch every game on firstrowsports.eu
(if they have multiple mirrors of Charlotte Bobcats games, you won't miss a pitch of Cubs baseball)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I am going to try to see if the EI package doesn't black out the Cubs game. You get a free preview of EI for about the first week of the season. And I agree with Zan that eventually a deal will get done just like with VS. Just might take a little bit.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got this email from DirecTV:

Maybe you've heard about Tribune Broadcasting taking WGN9 and WGN America away from their DIRECTV viewers. We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and are working hard to bring the channels back.

If you are concerned about missing your Chicago Cubs Opening Day telecast please read on.

Cub Fans:

It's hard to believe, but Tribune is about to throw a 65-year tradition into the Addison Street gutter and deny Cub fans their annual Opening Day.

This is a shame and also unnecessary, as DIRECTV could reconnect every single Cubs fans -- at least for Opening Day -- with a flick of a switch. All we need is WGN and Tribune's permission.

Tell Tribune to make the opening game available to everyone.

Go to DIRECTV Promise To You - DIRECTV's Customer Promise to get the latest information on Tribune's decision to deny you access to Opening Day.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Trib pulled the content. It's their fault alone

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deal reached. Might be good to change the title of the thread; it's back.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's OVA! I get to watch Strasburg tomorrow...

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tribune and DirecTV have a deal. See you tomorrow on @WGNTV at 12:30p for "Next Year Is Here".

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm. It's still not back on the air for me. I'll give it a few hours and call if it's still off by then.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm. It's still not back on the air for me. I'll give it a few hours and call if it's still off by then.

Yeah I checked myself, but it is being reported by pretty legitimate sources. I am guessing it takes them a little bit to get it set up again. I am sure it will be straight by the time opening pitch rolls around which is all I care about from WGN.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

They're probably hitting up the local customers first. I imagine you'll have it soon. I was up and running pretty quick.

mike223

Liked Posts:
I have Time Warner and don't get WGN, lame. MLB extra innings is where its at.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I have Time Warner and don't get WGN, lame. MLB extra innings is where its at.

Really?

Time Warner where I'm moving to in Ohio has it.