Cardinals @ Cubs Series Thread: 4/23 to 4/25

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I jumped off the couch.

It's still baseball, the least serious sport in the world, and that's why I love it.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I appreciate your faith in Jeff Samardzija.

:woot::woot:

Shows how little faith I have in Wainwright at this point in time. Dudes arm just isn't close to 100% yet.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
That has to be rough during baseball season.

I've never wanted to do more damage to private property before in my life. Cardinal magnets, posters, flags, pennants, iPhone case, etc etc etc...

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
BTW, how is Furcal OPSing .921 right now?

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Because only 17 games have been played so far and he'll eventually come back down to earth.

I honestly didn't think he had it in him for even 17 games. I thought he was done done last year. His range at short is gone.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly didn't think he had it in him for even 17 games. I thought he was done done last year. His range at short is gone.

He made a couple miscues last night. I don't recall if either of them cost the Cards a run, but if the Cubs had offense they should've won before the 9th inning :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of lost in the shuffle was that Soriano led off the 9th and took six pitches to strike out (yeah, he struck out, but at least it wasn't on three pitches) which probably flustered Motte a bit even before Lahair fouled off a billion pitches to get that walk. I pretty much figured Soriano would strike out but was hoping that he'd make the pitcher work for it.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
the Cubs do seem to be on the whole having more patient at bats. There are still too many quick (under 10 pitches) innings for opposing pitchers, but it at least feels like there is some effort, even from guys who aren't historically patient hitters, to try to wait for a pitch they can drive early in counts. Now they need to keep improving their patience and start driving more balls whnen they do get the chance.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carrie Muskat ‏ @CarrieMuskat Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Cubs lineup vs #Cardinals: DeJesus rf, Campana cf, Castro ss, LaHair 1b, Soriano lf, Stewart 3b, Barney 2b, Soto c, Samardzija p

Interesting. Campana probably becomes the auto-bunter early on unless he can get the ball out of the infield somehow.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
All right Campana is getting a chance to catch up to Castro's stolen base total...

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
BTW, which one of you guys runs the Anno twitter?