Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best fans in baseball for you...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is true of just about any fan base, including Cubs fans. It's amazing how stupid people can be when they hide behind a shroud of internet anonymity. And even if they use their true identity.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
taking a small portion of a fandom is fucking stupid. every team in all sports has these types of fans.....but let me guess the cubs dont right?

Did I say it was all of them? I don't believe I did. Taking a whole post as part of an elongated fictional post is fucking stupid.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
no making a thread about this.....

is fucking stupid

Got it from a Trib writer's (or was it CSN?, oh well, irrelevant) twitter as it is lulz-worthy.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of curiousity why is it that with some fanbases this is taken as a small percentage of the fanbase but with others it is assumed to be the majority?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of curiousity why is it that with some fanbases this is taken as a small percentage of the fanbase but with others it is assumed to be the majority?

I think it's part of the homerism and bias inherent in all sports. Phillies fans for example probably think they're God's gift to the world while the other 29 teams' fans are pure crap. Maybe it's just me and my personality but I've been friends with fans of most of the non-Cub teams in MLB and we've all gotten along fine. It's a mob mentality kind of thing, methinks.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
taking a small portion of a fandom is fucking stupid. every team in all sports has these types of fans.....but let me guess the cubs dont right?

But the assumption often times is that this is the majority with Cubs fans for some reason...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
But the assumption often times is that this is the majority with Cubs fans for some reason...

I think if, say, Dewey were an A's fan and we were Giants fans, it would be about the same. It's just the way rivalries are. Some people take it more seriously than others because their priorities are messed up.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if, say, Dewey were an A's fan and we were Giants fans, it would be about the same. It's just the way rivalries are. Some people take it more seriously than others because their priorities are messed up.

Cubs-Sox is a dumb rivalry though. It shouldn't even be one since both teams are Chicago, play in a different league and play a whopping six games per year against one another.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morans.png

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
St.louis is one of the best baseball citys. They have a great fan base.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
St.louis is one of the best baseball citys. They have a great fan base.

I'd like to meet that fanbase one day. I used to go down there for a game or two every year and without fail I always got shit on afterwards. During the game it's all cool, but as i'm walking out of Busch II and III, all the Cards fans I walk by are saying some iteration of Cubs Suck or Cubs fans are gay. Always.

The cheering for the sac bunt thing might be true, but they have always been douche bags to me when I go down there, and I don't rock the boat at all when I'm in any enemy territory.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mob mentality.

One of my best friends at Duke was a Cardinals fan. It's different when you give each other shit in good fun.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
I'd like to meet that fanbase one day. I used to go down there for a game or two every year and without fail I always got shit on afterwards. During the game it's all cool, but as i'm walking out of Busch II and III, all the Cards fans I walk by are saying some iteration of Cubs Suck or Cubs fans are gay. Always.

The cheering for the sac bunt thing might be true, but they have always been douche bags to me when I go down there, and I don't rock the boat at all when I'm in any enemy territory.

If your wearing the wrong colors in enemy home park a certain level of crap is excepted don't you think. I wear my Sox gear in kc and det and I got crap for it..

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
If your wearing the wrong colors in enemy home park a certain level of crap is excepted don't you think. I wear my Sox gear in kc and det and I got crap for it..

Of course, but Card fans get painted with the "Most courteous fans who even cheer for opposing players" brush and it just isn't true. My experience at Busch wasn't unique, nor was it amazing. The fan base is just like any other fan base out there.