Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Very exciting.

And to be fair, American football is technically the "other football".

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
True that.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but i hate the fact this is happening. Wrigley is a baseball field. Not a place where Ricketts can find anything to make a few bucks. The field has already looked like shit a few times this year cause of extra shit on the field. What you think a soccer field going to do to the field? Going to fuck it up even more. Its a baseball field.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but i hate the fact this is happening. Wrigley is a baseball field. Not a place where Ricketts can find anything to make a few bucks. The field has already looked like shit a few times this year cause of extra shit on the field. What you think a soccer field going to do to the field? Going to fuck it up even more. Its a baseball field.

You are more than welcome to write an angry letter to the billionaire owner who owns the field and tell him that.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soccer there during the season is fucked up. That's going to screw your outfield with the cleats and shit and people kicking up grass and dirt.

I'm fine with having the football games there during the offseason because there's plenty of time to fix it before the Cubs have to play there again, but doing it in the middle of the season is just dumb.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soccer there during the season is fucked up. That's going to screw your outfield with the cleats and shit and people kicking up grass and dirt.

I'm fine with having the football games there during the offseason because there's plenty of time to fix it before the Cubs have to play there again, but doing it in the middle of the season is just dumb.

I agree with both of you, but $$ talks and the Cubs like to make more of it so they'll suck less (we hope).

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with both of you, but $$ talks and the Cubs like to make more of it so they'll suck less (we hope).

That's true. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't take money any chance they get. And I understand why teams want to play there because it's so historical. I just think that shit during the season will fuck it up.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are more than welcome to write an angry letter to the billionaire owner who owns the field and tell him that.

He dont give a shit about what fans think. He only cares how to make a few extra bucks. He didnt give a shit when the field look like shit when they were on national TV.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's true. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't take money any chance they get. And I understand why teams want to play there because it's so historical. I just think that shit during the season will fuck it up.

i agree with you 100%. They can do all the extra shit in the offseason.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get why the owner might want to get as much money as possible though. The team sucks and he needs to find some ways to make money.

But I guess tons of fans show up anyway. So he can't really complain. Sox are winning, don't have fans show up, and don't have extra events at the cell. Good thing Reinsdorf doesn't give a shit about the Sox.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Detroit Tigers had a Paul McCartney concert on during the season last year too. This isn't unique to Wrigley.

Hell, Wrigley had that football game where they couldn't use one of the end zones because the field is too damn small and people still showed up and it was a success. That was obviously during the offseason, but there's no reason to not use a facility to make money. What people seem to have a problem with is how to preserve the field so it doesn't get messed up.

Cubs don't come home until next Friday so there's plenty of time to patch the divots even if the field looks like shit.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you remember after those 2 concerts even the players were bitching how bad the field was. DeJesus said he was scared to run at certain parts in RF. My point is that Wrigley is a Baseball field. If they want to do stuff during the offseason then whatever but during the season only thing that should be on the field is baseball

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you remember after those 2 concerts even the players were bitching how bad the field was. DeJesus said he was scared to run at certain parts in RF. My point is that Wrigley is a Baseball field. If they want to do stuff during the offseason then whatever but during the season only thing that should be on the field is baseball

Then write your letter and inform them of alternative revenue streams :)

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then write your letter and inform them of alternative revenue streams :)

easy. Win and fans will show up. NYY, BOS, PHI know that. They have consective sell out streaks going :)

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
easy. Win and fans will show up. NYY, BOS, PHI know that. They have consective sell out streaks going :)

But while the team is rebuilding, that won't be so easy. So you're going to have to come up with something else.