Vigneault: Luongo wants to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coach Alex Vigneault said that goalie Roberto Luongo wants out of Vancouver.

Speaking with French station TVA Sports on Wednesday night on "The Match", the Canucks' coach was questioned about the goaltender and whether he thinks he should be dealt. "First of all, that is what he wants right now," Vigneault said in the translated quote. "What we need to do is what's best for our organization and our team. We have to look at what's best for our organization and Roberto." The Canucks have a No. 1-ready netminder in Cory Schneider, and Luongo, even with 10 years still left on his contract, will likely pique the interest of many teams this offseason if Vancouver grants his wish.
Hawks should grab him.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want no part of Luongo. As soon as the Hawks score a goal at home he'll hear "Chelsea Dagger" and freak out and give up 5 unanswered goals.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course he wants to be traded. The team finally figured out that Schneider is just as good as Luongo, but more consistent. So he's a great goalie.

So now Luongo wants to go somewhere where he'll be the number one.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A9rRhawSB-E]YouTube - Canucks vs. Blackhawks Line Brawl[/ame] just cuz I love buff and luongo is a bum.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we dont get Suter or a #2 center i'd say go for it

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we dont get Suter or a #2 center i'd say go for it

I would love to have luongo.

All the bad shit said about him and the jokes about him come from the meatball fans.

If you have the chance to grab a goaltender like Luongo you do it, and you do it now.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Vancouver is gonna want the world for him..

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really, if he doesn't want to be there they could ship him out easily for a SPEC. They would benefit more from a move of his. 5.333 free cap space

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vancouver would have to eat a hefty portion of that insane contract.

In MLB, NFL and NBA, that's a contract that gets a GM fired.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vancouver would have to eat a hefty portion of that insane contract.

In MLB, NFL and NBA, that's a contract that gets a GM fired.

I don't believe teams are allowed to do that. If a player is dealt that new team takes on the cap hit

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
If they took frolik and emery it would mean the hawks obly taking on approximately 2 mil in salary, but emery and frolik wont be enough.

If the hawks can make the money work where they are taking on only 2-3 mil then it might work but we have too many other holes to blow 5mil on a goalie

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to have luongo.

All the bad shit said about him and the jokes about him come from the meatball fans.

If you have the chance to grab a goaltender like Luongo you do it, and you do it now.

He's a great goal tender till someone gets in his brain. It happens each year.

We're better off beefing up our defensive depth than going after Lu

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Considering that it is Vancouver that is wanting to move the guy; and has way too much commited to their goalie position, money-wise... they don't seem to be in too good of a position to demand much at all.

I imagine there won't be a huge market for Luongo -because other GMs know this ... otoh- I can see a team run by an idiot making a try -say, like the NYI.

LonghornBob

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As soon as he gives up one soft goal or gets bumped in the crease he'll go tits ballistic and start crying and give up 5 more and I HATE that kind of mentality. The guy doesn't have the mental makeup to be a Stanley Cup winning goalie.

Aside from that I just hate his guts. He's a bitch and a whiner and a I'd rather have someone with slightly less skill and a better attitude. Sorry. Even if you told me it would count for 6 more points next year I'd pass. I'm not interested in becoming the Vancouver Canucks with a bunch of cheap shots, hair-pulling, finger biting, and whining.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Vancouver is just not gonna give him away, but they will have to eat some of that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.