Pick Seven Trade Deadline Game

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All are welcome to post.

Take 7 players who you think are going to be dealt from now until July 31st. This game will expire than, as maybe we will have a new one for the august waiver deals.

So take seven players

Choose the team they go to

Note*** you cannot pick a player and say "he stays"

Go!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Grienke - He gets dealt to Cleveland for a low pressure possible playoff run team
Ryan Dempster - Chicago White Sox, I think he stays close to home/charity

I have to think about 5 more.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wandy Rodriguez - Yankees
Dempster - Toronto
Garza - Detroit
LaHair - Pittsburgh
Soriano - Indians
will update later
will update later

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i still think garza goes to NY

So for now I have 1.

1) Garza to the yanks

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garza: Yankees
Greinke: Detroit
Dempster: Cleveland
___
___
___
___

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wish we could get a starter.

Not trying to be a prick (in fact I think you agree w/ me) but what do the White Sox have to give up? I mean, isn't the cupboard pretty bare? They could always take on a bad contract w/ a pitcher I guess, but that seems pretty complicated.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not trying to be a prick (in fact I think you agree w/ me) but what do the White Sox have to give up? I mean, isn't the cupboard pretty bare? They could always take on a bad contract w/ a pitcher I guess, but that seems pretty complicated.

They don't have awful prospects. They have a couple that could be worth something if like 3 of them are packaged together with a pick or something.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rick Hahn ASST GM has a podcast with Rongey on how actual teams value other teams farm systems differently than Baseball America or any other publication.

As far as what they have to give up? :dunno: Depends on the pitcher, how much or less of salary get eaten ETC. Im sure there is a deal out there when more pretenders become sellers. If we are talking Ryan Dempster who I want but I doubt comes here because of more desperate teams who have real big holes in the rotation....clev,DET etc....I dont think he nets something that the sox dont have. Im sure if KW really wanted demp he could get him. FA to be, on the DL etc.....but im sure there will be a team that will give up more to get a starter out of desperation.

so basically it all comes down to who, contract status etc etc etc. if he wants a 2 or 3 he could get one.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that people get caught up in the fact that the Sox have a bad farm system. Just because the farm is bad doesn't mean that there aren't players there that other teams are interested in.

It all depends on the teams that the Sox are trading to and what they need as a team. It's hard to tell which prospects that teams are interested in unless you have insider information.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that people get caught up in the fact that the Sox have a bad farm system. Just because the farm is bad doesn't mean that there aren't players there that other teams are interested in.

It all depends on the teams that the Sox are trading to and what they need as a team. It's hard to tell which prospects that teams are interested in unless you have insider information.

hahn mentioned that GMs dont look at rankings as a whole, but in pieces that they see fit for their organization, and there was also an interview with the GM of toronto who says its based off of each specific teams scouting, advanced scout and proprietary measures not fan websites. I forgot which GM laughed about websites. dammit! now i need to find it.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hahn mentioned that GMs dont look at rankings as a whole, but in pieces that they see fit for their organization, and there was also an interview with the GM of toronto who says its based off of each specific teams scouting, advanced scout and proprietary measures not fan websites. I forgot which GM laughed about websites. dammit! now i need to find it.

Exactly. Just because the Sox have one of the worst farm systems doesn't mean that there aren't pieces that some teams want.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to work with KW and Hahn for 1 active day. Just to see what the fuck really goes on.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to work with KW and Hahn for 1 active day. Just to see what the fuck really goes on.

Funny thing. My dad, uncle, and grandpa actually got to do that one day. They got to go to the game and sit in the GMs box and be there with Kenny and all them and stuff.

Pretty fucking awesome. And they actually made a trade that day. I'd have to ask him again about when and who it was.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny thing. My dad, uncle, and grandpa actually got to do that one day. They got to go to the game and sit in the GMs box and be there with Kenny and all them and stuff.

Pretty fucking awesome. And they actually made a trade that day. I'd have to ask him again about when and who it was.

thats fucking sweet.

they should have a contest...."be a gm for a day" of course with limitations. :)

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thats fucking sweet.

they should have a contest...."be a gm for a day" of course with limitations. :)

Yeah. Well my uncle won it at picnic in the park and my grandpa was a STH at that point so my uncle took him and my dad. Wish I was abel to go. Would've been sweet.

So maybe they'll do something like that at picnic in the park again. It was an auction thing.