Robin Ventura Thread

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've given him alot of props being a rookie manager & all but his decision making is getting on my fucking nerves.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was the right decision today. Things just go wrong sometimes.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
couple things

1) he has been fine all year for a rookie manager

2) tonight was his fault. AGON owns lefties and thornton cannot save games, its written in white sox history that he cant. He has one pitch.

3) 1.5 lead in first in the middle of july and there is a thread on robin ventura already?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except Crawford and Ellsbury were a collective 0-11 against Thornton all time. And escobar shouldn't have double clutched and that would've been a DP. Changes the game.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except Crawford and Ellsbury were a collective 0-11 against Thornton all time. And escobar shouldn't have double clutched and that would've been a DP. Changes the game.

I agree with the variable of esco, the career numbers are like how melton explained it, now there is a ton of tape on him and everyone knows what pitch is coming. he is a one trick pony.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
He's new at this, so I give him some leeway. But the way he handles the pen :obama:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Il leave this thread open, but the minute we have a sunday lineup I dont want this bumped with "zomfg Robinszz Venturasz suckckcz for usingsz danksz in teh outfieldsz" cough joe cough

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
:jackson:

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
Except Crawford and Ellsbury were a collective 0-11 against Thornton all time.

I don't care about history at that point. Yeah, Thornton piched well against them in the past. That was the past. Right now, Quintana was pitching lights-out, and right now Thornton has sucked hairy ballsacks. Crawford was 0fer against Quintana that night and, with the exception of one shaky inning, Q had been practically unhittable.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a phrase Ventura needs to familiarize himself with.

And escobar shouldn't have double clutched and that would've been a DP. Changes the game

Escobar should never have been in the game in the 9th to begin with. I know you said Youk was hurt, but the Sox said he was available to PH...so he's available. If he PHs for Escobar in the 9th, they greatly increase their chances of scoring runs with 2 on and 2 out (and I'm sure every Sox fan knew that 1 run wasn't going to win it should RV go to Thornton in the 9th). Mr. "209BA 280OBP Ground-Out-Every-At-Bat" had no business being at the plate in that situation.

If Youk PHs, that means he's in for defense in the 9th. Which, obviously, they needed. The chance of fumbling that DP greatly decreases. Remember that hit to 3B late in the game that Escobar triple-clutched before he threw it to first? Yeah.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If the team was just garbage as it was projected to be RV wouldn't be as big of an issue. The team is not though. But RV is worse then a first time manager. He's a pure rookie as one can be. Like a rookie level minor leaguer. The team can't keep affording these types of mistakes.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the team was just garbage as it was projected to be RV wouldn't be as big of an issue. The team is not though. But RV is worse then a first time manager. He's a pure rookie as one can be. Like a rookie level minor leaguer. The team can't keep affording these types of mistakes.

what!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care about history at that point. Yeah, Thornton piched well against them in the past. That was the past. Right now, Quintana was pitching lights-out, and right now Thornton has sucked hairy ballsacks. Crawford was 0fer against Quintana that night and, with the exception of one shaky inning, Q had been practically unhittable.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a phrase Ventura needs to familiarize himself with.

Escobar should never have been in the game in the 9th to begin with. I know you said Youk was hurt, but the Sox said he was available to PH...so he's available. If he PHs for Escobar in the 9th, they greatly increase their chances of scoring runs with 2 on and 2 out (and I'm sure every Sox fan knew that 1 run wasn't going to win it should RV go to Thornton in the 9th). Mr. "209BA 280OBP Ground-Out-Every-At-Bat" had no business being at the plate in that situation.

If Youk PHs, that means he's in for defense in the 9th. Which, obviously, they needed. The chance of fumbling that DP greatly decreases. Remember that hit to 3B late in the game that Escobar triple-clutched before he threw it to first? Yeah.

I completely agree. I mentioned that if Youkilis was in the game, the Sox win no doubt. But instead it ended like it did.

And that's a mistake by RV probably because he said that Youk was available to PH, but I guarantee that all of us would be screaming at him if he pinch hits and then gets hurt more. Even if the Sox win.

Sox fans are honestly never happy with him this year. Takes out Q after 86 pitches and puts in Reed, bad choice. Leaves some guys in for the 8th inning when they've done well the whole game and gets yelled at for it because they gave up a couple hits. No matter what he does there will be scrutiny. He's a rookie manager and basically everything he does is looked at as a mistake this year.

Remember when the Sox won all those games in June? Everyone was praising him for being such a good rookie manager. Sox fans are so back and forth on this and I guarantee if the Sox win the Detroit series, all that hate will go away.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

what!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm sorry. Is this better?

Si el equipo era sólo basura, ya que se prevé que sea RV no sería tan grande de un problema. El equipo no está bien. Pero RV es peor que un gerente de primera vez. Él es un novato puro como se puede ser. Al igual que un jugador de nivel de novato menor de edad. El equipo no puede seguir proporcionando este tipo de errores.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Remember when the Sox won all those games in June? Everyone was praising him for being such a good rookie manager. Sox fans are so back and forth on this and I guarantee if the Sox win the Detroit series, all that hate will go away.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but who praised him? Managers can help mayne win 3-5 games a year if that. It's the players that win, not the manager. But the manager does deserve blame when making horrendous moves like misplaying his starters, bullpen, and pinch hitters. Not bringing in the bench appropriately. Robin has done all that.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not trying to pick a fight, but who praised him? Managers can help mayne win 3-5 games a year if that. It's the players that win, not the manager. But the manager does deserve blame when making horrendous moves like misplaying his starters, bullpen, and pinch hitters. Not bringing in the bench appropriately. Robin has done all that.

There were people praising him and saying that he was doing a good job as a manager. Maybe it wasn't you because you're some kind of perfect fan or something, but there were fans either on this site or other sites saying that he was a good manager and was really stepping up because of the fact that the Sox were winning games and were first place in the central.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
There were people praising him and saying that he was doing a good job as a manager. Maybe it wasn't you because you're some kind of perfect fan or something, but there were fans either on this site or other sites saying that he was a good manager and was really stepping up because of the fact that the Sox were winning games and were first place in the central.

OK, that might make a good team fan but clearly not a good fan of baseball. I don't think any fan of baseball would give that much credit to any manager for a win

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
FWIW I'd take Ventura over Sevum at this point.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
FWIW I'd take Ventura over Sevum at this point.

I'm not sure it matters. I haven't followed the Cubs as closely, but I did love his bunting challenge in ST

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, that might make a good team fan but clearly not a good fan of baseball. I don't think any fan of baseball would give that much credit to any manager for a win

Did I ever say that some of the best baseball fans I know said that? No, I didn't. I said that Sox fans said that.

Get over yourself.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Did I ever say that some of the best baseball fans I know said that? No, I didn't. I said that Sox fans said that.

Get over yourself.
You have some wierd infatuation with me. You need to stop