Soto To Rangers

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/2012/07/30/geovany-soto-traded-to-the-texas-rangers/

According to multiple reports, the Chicago Cubs have traded cacther Geovany Soto to the Texas Rangers for RHP Jacob Brigham. It seemed like the trades are finally coming together as Soto just hugged his teammates minutes after Johnson did and he left the clubhouse. As Ken Rosenthal states, the trades appear to be seperate. The Cubs have recently discussed a trade with the New York Mets regarding Soto and the Tampa Bay Rays have been linked to Soto for months. The Rangers were never mentioned as a suitor and it camer out of no where. Kaplan reported that it was the Rangers.

Since Soto won the Rooke of the Year Award, he’s been up and down for the years after. Especially this year where he is struggling bad as he’s hitting under .20o. Soto was likely to be traded now or sometime this Winter as he was a non-tender candidate. He has improved in the field, but he’s still below average.

As you would expect a player coming in a trade for Soto, he wouldn’t be too great. Brigham is a 24-year old playing for Double A (may be too old for that level). Either way, Brigham is 5-5 with a 4.28era and 116 strikeouts in 124 innings. Maybe he’ll make it the Cubs ‘pen as they do need RP.

The Cubs will call-up Welington Castillo and he will be at tomorrow’s game.

I know Soto’s career went downhill, but I wish him the best of luck with the Rangers.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cue up CO stating "cubs are making these moves to sign josh hamilton" so predictable

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
better than Mauer & Posey.

:umud:

He had a better year than they did. He's not a better player. Good thing I never said that he was, or else yes, I would be very "mud."

2010 and stuff

And yet you can provide nothing subjective that refutes my point! Woohoo! We're back to where we always are!
cue up CO stating "cubs are making these moves to sign josh hamilton" so predictable

Yup! Theo is going to trade Soriano so he can sign a different 31 year old to a 100+ MM deal. I can see his thought process now. "Soriano didn't work, but I am Theo Epstein, so it will work for me!" Totes, man.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He should have never stopped smoking pot....

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had a better year than they did. He's not a better player. Good thing I never said that he was, or else yes, I would be very "mud."

And yet you can provide nothing subjective that refutes my point! Woohoo! We're back to where we always are!

Yup! Theo is going to trade Soriano so he can sign a different 31 year old to a 100+ MM deal. I can see his thought process now. "Soriano didn't work, but I am Theo Epstein, so it will work for me!" Totes, man.

lol. what? wow you were an idiot before you left...and you are still an idiot. welcome back! but on a serious note let me know what big time FA the cubs are going to sign this offseason since im going for 3 straight years of sig bet wins against you. this year I will let you have 3 big names just to make it fair. haha! dope.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol. what? wow you were an idiot before you left...and you are still an idiot. welcome back! but on a serious note let me know what big time FA the cubs are going to sign this offseason since im going for 3 straight years of sig bet wins against you. this year I will let you have 3 big names just to make it fair. haha! dope.

You've got a pretty keen detector of sarcasm, yes you do!

I don't see the Cubs getting anyone big. I think that they will wait another off-season before going after a big name FA. I think they are more likely to use their money to lock up the players they have to long term deals and use the FA market to get pieces like DeJesus and Maholm, although I could see them getting a rich man's version of those guys in the future. Mainly role players.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiCubs
Delay on Geo going official is because Cubs will be sending cash in deal. That needs Bud's approval.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's way past Bud's bedtime :lol:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's way past Bud's bedtime :lol:

he approved Cash to ATL

ATL prolly woke his ass up. Didnt want a chance that somehow Maholm agent find clause he could invoke a NTC to ATL lol

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goldstein on 670 talking about Brigham:
*Slow to develop
*Big body that throws in the low 90s
*Throws strikes
*Doesn't know if he is a back end of the rotation starter or middle reliever
*Could eat some innings at the big league level
*Not a star but seems pretty convinced that he could be a big leaguer
*Called it a great return for Soto

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs get a Brigham and a PTBNL or cash considerations for Soto and cash. Wouldn't just cash just wipe out lol, so I say it's a PTBNL.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be tied with the number of games Soto plays for them as Brett at BleacherNation states. If he plays a bunch the Cubs get a player and if he doesn't the Cubs get a partial refund on Soto. Just spitballing.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Cubs get a Brigham and a PTBNL or cash considerations for Soto and cash. Wouldn't just cash just wipe out lol, so I say it's a PTBNL.

If Selig had to approve it, then the Cubs are sending at least $1M in cash. Typical cash considerations for a PTBNL are usually around $50-100K.