Cubs Obtain Anthony Recker From Oakland

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes I do.
Just like most of the rest of command central's moves.
Insignificant.

While I can see where they might have held on to Tyler Colvin or maybe traded Matt Garza in the offseason, I think "most" is inaccurate.

The team is in a rebuild. The existing assets were few and what assets you had in the minors you want to keep anyway. This season wasn't going to be pretty at all. To expect a bunch of big-time moves was probably wishful thinking.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
AAA catcher for AAA catcher.....can't get much more minor than that :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's almost like some fans actually expected the Cubs to trade Blake Lalli for the next incarnation of Johnny Bench.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
With the Cubs' luck, Blake Lalli IS the next incarnation of Johnny Bench :cubstroll:

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
More bobbing for turds out of command central.
More than likely Maine DFA'd because he was a 'Hendry Boy'.
Seems to be the arrogant Epstein pattern of doing things.

Actually... it's more like trading away a guy that's not in your plans for a guy that might pan out as a superior backup option. The Maine DFA doesn't make much sense to me, especially with the hindsight of seeing Hinshaw DFA'd. Didn't understand that move whatsoever. I think the FO needs to stop with the routine waiver trash pickups when it comes to older RPs. We have enough of our own younger, better RPs in the minors that could pant out if we give them an adequate shot.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually... it's more like trading away a guy that's not in your plans for a guy that might pan out as a superior backup option. The Maine DFA doesn't make much sense to me, especially with the hindsight of seeing Hinshaw DFA'd. Didn't understand that move whatsoever. I think the FO needs to stop with the routine waiver trash pickups when it comes to older RPs. We have enough of our own younger, better RPs in the minors that could pant out if we give them an adequate shot.

That's probably next season. This season they're evaluating crap so they probably don't want to bring up too many in-house guys just yet.