Remember Keith Traylor?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I bet Urlacher would love to have those guys back.

Urlacher has always said he liked having the big guys to eat up blockers so he could just run to the ball every down. He never enjoyed playing the deep middle that he does in the Tampa 2 as much.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
i prefer watching the modern NFL with offense and QB's.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if you have never watched a Bears game in your life, panda

malcore

It's just something I've heard him say a couple of times over the years. I honestly don't recall where.

Urlacher has hinted at it a few times, that the system is not his favorite to play in, but it works.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
I been watching football since Walter Payton started playing hoes.

I'll admit to skipping the Wannstead and Jauron years.

Then I started watching again when they drafted Grossman.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Shuh fer sure

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Urlacher has hinted at it a few times, that the system is not his favorite to play in, but it works.

It works when you get consistent pressure from the front 4, otherwise good QBs just take the middle of the field and eat up yards forever, which has happened a LOT. I really don't like a defensive system that's predicated on getting turnovers but that's exactly what this defense is if you don't get consistent pressure from the defensive line.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I remember this game. During halftime Bonnie Bernstein blurted out the infamous line "2 dicks wow!" while interviewing Jauron. Classic, that was the funniest shit I've ever heard during any halftime

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
That was a special regular season..2 of the 3 loses came against the packers though and unfortunately that's what I tend to remember most..I was at both games:-(

robthorn24

CBMB Transplant
Liked Posts:
Definitely one of my all time favorite Bears moments.

I remember watching the team play the Lions that year in the Silverdome. I sat in the upper deck and Ted Washington and Keith Traylor looked massive even from up there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think that was probably the peak moment of the season. That was a magical year. Can't remember a season where a team had more things go their way than the 2001 Bears. It was wonderful.

And I still hate the Eagles for ending that season.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lmao, I remember that play fondly

Except when players like Benson and rookies like Wilson run gash our D on the ground...

Benson had one of the best run-blocking OLs in football when he was w/ the Bungles. Wilson "gashed" the Bears in the pre-season. where we don't scheme. at all. any. nil. nein. zip.

mecha

Liked Posts:
yeah, when the Bears line was still kinda ok in 2007 I remember Benson crumbling every time he ran. constantly. 2 yard gains and shit. and last I read the Packers line's kinda fucked this year.. so we'll see.

but as for 2001, I didn't watch much football back then, so I had no idea how powerful the defense was under Jauron. I just remember the games that I did go to where the offenses were fucking terrible. alas though, I remember watching replays of the Traylor run... amazing, I must say. lol

KRod

Liked Posts:
I was only 12 years old, but I still remember how awesome that season was. I was almost in tears when they lost to the Eagles in the Playoffs though.

Tony Danza

Wack Pack Superstar
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
I was at Olive Garden one time and sat at the next table across from him and his family. I'm a big fella and he made me feel small.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It works when you get consistent pressure from the front 4, otherwise good QBs just take the middle of the field and eat up yards forever, which has happened a LOT. I really don't like a defensive system that's predicated on getting turnovers but that's exactly what this defense is if you don't get consistent pressure from the defensive line.

Exactly.