Season Starts Sunday. Drunk's Thoughts.

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
Season is coming up this Sunday.....and here is what I think.

[video=youtube;3gXiS0_mio0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gXiS0_mio0[/video]

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
hhaha you got videos of people shittin on hats......love it.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
this video is awesome. I believe in JWEBB too. Let than man develop.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
ALSHON

WE TRUST

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
i wish i didnt have redskins neighbors. i'm missing out on life

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
talk to them about Rex! I heard he got booed at a fucking redskins award banquet in pre-season. Poor fella. I still love you, Rex!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Dude Ole man they hated Rex from the start, then he came in a slung a few 300 yd games and they were "okayyeah we got that superbowl guy" ad then real rex showed up.

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
I had real high hopes for Rex. He had really good games. He was just inconsistent as Hell! Fumbling sooooo many snaps. :facepalm:

Lelugas

Liked Posts:
I had real high hopes for Rex. He had really good games. He was just inconsistent as Hell! Fumbling sooooo many snaps. :facepalm:

Funny how all the fumbled snaps stopped once Kreutz was gone. Too bad the QBs kept getting blamed.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

I know, Rex fumbled so many snaps that he caused Kyle Orton and Brian Greise to do the same thing.. Heck even Cutler had a couple of fumbled snaps his first 2 years because of Rex... oh wait, maybe it was because of the short low squatting center that was past his prime for all of these players. People were concerned about Garza moving to center but how many snap issues did he have last year? At least with Cutler?

Rex sucked for many reasons, and fumbled on sacks or hits too much as well, but the snaps were on Kruetz.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Funny how all the fumbled snaps stopped once Kreutz was gone. Too bad the QBs kept getting blamed.

You must have forgotten all griese's and orton's fumbled snaps in 2007-8. I'm not trying to start a rex fight but your statement was inaccurate. Hell, cutler fumbled 19 times 2009-10 although they weren't all fumbled snaps.

Edit: Clyde beat me to it.

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So its safe to assume you guys don't miss Kruetz?

How do you see him overall? I thought he was really solid for the majority of years that he played for the Bears.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You must have forgotten all griese's and orton's fumbled snaps in 2007-8. I'm not trying to start a rex fight but your statement was inaccurate. Hell, cutler fumbled 19 times 2009-10 although they weren't all fumbled snaps.

Edit: Clyde beat me to it.

gentlemen we have a full blown REX FIGHT

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So its safe to assume you guys don't miss Kruetz?

How do you see him overall? I thought he was really solid for the majority of years that he played for the Bears.

kreutz went downhill mid-2006 on. We used to call him the koopa troopa or turtle-on-its-back. The only thing he still did well was on plays where he pulled.

that said, I argued up until last year for him to stay center until we drafter and groomed another one because I think the center is the 2rd most important position on offense in terms of directing other players, and we had nothing better. we tried josh beekman, who was a guard at BC but played center due to injury his junior or senior year, and who didn't pan out.

I ate crow when Garza performed like a champ last season

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about for his whole career though? Is he looked at as a great player, a good player, an average player, etc?

I'm just curious... as you are correct, center is a VERY important position and he was the anchor for the Bears for a long time.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was outstanding but peaked around 2004-05, I think. He was also considered an emotional leader of the offense (which wasn't saying much for the Bears those years). Reports have surfaced since he left that there was some friction concerning him being a kind of locker-room bully and wanting to maintain his control of the team when Cutler came in. I don't put a lot of stock in that one way or another.

When he left the Bears, they offered $3.5 million, and he and his agent wouldn't accept less than $4 million. So he left, and signed with the Saints for something like $2.5 million. So he was feeling disrespected.

Then from what I read about his departure from the Saints mid-season, he sounded like a petty shit who was mad about getting benched in favor of a first- or second- year player due to his own poor play. Sad way to end his career.

Anyway, short answer, he was a great player who played too long, but the Bears never bothered to draft his replacement (still haven't).

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Olin kreutz was one nasty dude his first few years. you just didn't fuck with the guy