The QB Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chargers were superbowl favorites for like 3 years straight when Marty S. was there. That team was stacked top to bottom and Rivers couldnt get the job done. There are absolutely no excuse why they shouldnt have at least 1 superbowl. not sure when u started watching the nfl but seems like u should know this

I just started watching footy last year, but I do remember a pretty severely injured Chargers team losing to the Patriots one year?! And since when does the favourite win the SB? I wish I had all your YouTube experience with watching games, that would obviously help me see it your way ...

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Once the homosexuality starts in a thread im outta here i guess these two butt pirates can have this thread, peace and im out

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Once the homosexuality starts in a thread im outta here i guess these two butt pirates can have this thread, peace and im out

At least the thread will gain intellect with you gone.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Ok, then your argument is fucked then, NO?!
No my argument isnt fucked because they had the best team Phillip Rivers is the one who couldnt get the job done. So my argument being Rivers is overated and couldnt win a superbowl with the nfls most talented roster is on him.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No my argument isnt fucked because they had the best team Phillip Rivers is the one who couldnt get the job done. So my argument being Rivers is overated and couldnt win a superbowl with the nfls most talented roster is on him.

The most talented team is clearly just your opinion and has no merit .... Prove to us how much superior in talent those teams were ...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The most talented team is clearly just your opinion and has no merit .... Prove to us how much superior in talent those teams were ...
This should be good

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Awesome. So Rivers going for 3TD and 300+ yards in a playoff loss = it's all on him. Great.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know...MarylandBear911 is my personal fave. He conveys a feeling of malice. And he is like the perfect sidekick to Buttfly10...

Buttfly10: Rory Sparrow infects every QB thread. He's always posting stupid stuff.

(very next posting in thread)

MarylandBear911: And now Rory Sparrow shows up out of nowhere to suck FirstTimes cock!

Well, which is it? Am I everywhere, or nowhere?

Yeah buddy. You get some attention too! Nice job.

*pats head

small_dog_on_big_dog.jpg

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

Do you honestly think those early teams when Rivers got to SD weren't some of the most talented in the NFL?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
2008!!!??? and the guy plays in the worst division in football #SMH.

The question was when was the last time he won a playoff game, which was 2008, he also made the playoffs in 2009 but lost to the Jets. 2010 he played without V. Jackson and Gates wasn't healthy...Tomlinson was no longer there and Mathews also couldnt stay healthy. In 2010 he still had a 9-7 record and was 1 game out of first in their division and he still put up probowl #'s. This past year he only missed playoffs due to a tie breaker. Since taking over as starting QB in 2006 he made the playoffs each year until 2010. Yes he was a great fantasy QB and puts up nice #'s but he has also led his team to the playoffs a bunch. He is much more than just a fantasy QB

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Do you honestly think those early teams when Rivers got to SD weren't some of the most talented in the NFL?

They were pretty good...I wouldn't say most talented though. That would have to go to the Pats or Steelers.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Props to you for making a good post.

I've said this awhile back...Cutler really isn't all that different on Chicago than when he was on Denver. He had a better line, and he had better coaching, but even in his best years in Denver Cutler was always mistake-prone and was inconsistent. I think these aspects of Cutler's game are magnified in Chicago because of his surroundings, but people seem to expect that by adding guys like Brandon Marshall will magically transform Cutler into one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the league, when Cutler has never shown the potential to do so at any point in his career. I think Bears fans are weird about this, because on one hand they have too high of expectations for Cutler, yet at the same time they will always offer up excuses as to why Cutler isn't meeting these expectations.

Because I feel like sharing, I will give you my perspective on Cutler.

Cutler is Cutler, firstly he is human and that alone makes him mistake prone however my expectations for Cutler don't rise and fall each week like many fans I've talked too. Do I want Cutler to do well? Absolutely! Would I love to see him listed as a top 1-3 QB? Absolutely! Will my opinions change about him because he has a bad game? Nope.

Cutler is the QB for the Bears, I don't want to bring in different talent if it was available like say Tom Brady, I don't want him. I think Cutler does a fine job and I feel like he is the QB the Bears need as far as toughness both on the field physically and off the field mentally dealing with the media, he has that brash attitude that just screams Chicago ("DON'T CARE!"), and he has the attitude. The way he carries himself is just so different from all other QBs in the league, I just like the uniqueness he brings to our team at that position.

Also call me old fashioned but I also like to see us take mostly current talent and improve them and win by getting better as players, then by just bringing in a lot of new talent and transforming the team. I like to see teams work and watch that work turn into W's. I don't mind losing a few games here or there, its going to happen so losses don't bother me too entirely much.

Either way, I think I am losing focus here, I just wanted to bring a bit of my most likely nutty perspective on why this fan likes having Cutler as our QB.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because I feel like sharing, I will give you my perspective on Cutler.

Cutler is Cutler, firstly he is human and that alone makes him mistake prone however my expectations for Cutler don't rise and fall each week like many fans I've talked too. Do I want Cutler to do well? Absolutely! Would I love to see him listed as a top 1-3 QB? Absolutely! Will my opinions change about him because he has a bad game? Nope.

Cutler is the QB for the Bears, I don't want to bring in different talent if it was available like say Tom Brady, I don't want him. I think Cutler does a fine job and I feel like he is the QB the Bears need as far as toughness both on the field physically and off the field mentally dealing with the media, he has that brash attitude that just screams Chicago ("DON'T CARE!"), and he has the attitude. The way he carries himself is just so different from all other QBs in the league, I just like the uniqueness he brings to our team at that position.

Also call me old fashioned but I also like to see us take mostly current talent and improve them and win by getting better as players, then by just bringing in a lot of new talent and transforming the team. I like to see teams work and watch that work turn into W's. I don't mind losing a few games here or there, its going to happen so losses don't bother me too entirely much.

Either way, I think I am losing focus here, I just wanted to bring a bit of my most likely nutty perspective on why this fan likes having Cutler as our QB.

Just to be clear. If the Patriots offered you Tom Brady for Jay Cutler...you wouldn't take the trade?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers is nothing but a front runner, when everything is going good the guy can play, but when a lil adversity hits he folds like a lawn chair.

Interesting you say that what with Cutler's sub 30 QB rating when Bears are behind.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to be clear. If the Patriots offered you Tom Brady for Jay Cutler...you wouldn't take the trade?

Just to be clear, Yes I would not take Brady. He does well in New England and I believe that has a lot to do with Bill as much as it has to do with Brady. Brady is a good QB and no doubt better then Cutler, but he isn't going to come into Chicago and just start performing like the star he is in New England.

At least that's my opinion.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean when they drafted in top 5 ...

I'm by not means saying they were the most talented. But LT, VJack, Gates to name just a few on offense.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to be clear, Yes I would not take Brady. He does well in New England and I believe that has a lot to do with Bill as much as it has to do with Brady. Brady is a good QB and no doubt better then Cutler, but he isn't going to come into Chicago and just start performing like the star he is in New England.

At least that's my opinion.

tumblr_m9s06d0Ex31rbrlneo1_400.gif

There are not enough of these gifs :andruw:

Whatever man.

Status
Not open for further replies.