1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:clap:

Great job NHL.

I'm going to say the league's more at fault than the players are. I don't know how many of the leaders remain from the 04 lockout, but Bettman is still around. That leads me to give more blame to the league over the player's union.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
:clap:

Great job NHL.

I'm going to say the league's more at fault than the players are. I don't know how many of the leaders remain from the 04 lockout, but Bettman is still around. That leads me to give more blame to the league over the player's union.

I'm not a fan of Bettman in the slightest...I think that his goal of making hockey America's game is pretty dumb (the south) and that he needs to embrace the markets where the NHL will succeed (the north and Canada). In terms of the labor agreement, Bettman has a job to do and it is on behalf of the owners. What still blows my mind is that only 8 owners need to vote on a lockout and it happens. Basically the small market teams (which Bettman has something to do with) can control what the NHL does.

However...the NHL is winning the PR battle at this point in my opinion. The players getting 57% is pretty ridiculous and 50% seems pretty damn good to me. Time to stop focusing on the past (the 57%) and start focusing on the present and future. The owner's have to do a whole lot more than simply "own" the team and the players benefit from a lot of this. Flying on private jets, hotel rooms, even a food per diem...this is all coming from the team. The players getting 50/50 seems fair to most fans (atleast from what I have read on the internet and people I have spoken to).

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a fan of Bettman in the slightest...I think that his goal of making hockey America's game is pretty dumb (the south) and that he needs to embrace the markets where the NHL will succeed (the north and Canada). In terms of the labor agreement, Bettman has a job to do and it is on behalf of the owners. What still blows my mind is that only 8 owners need to vote on a lockout and it happens. Basically the small market teams (which Bettman has something to do with) can control what the NHL does.

However...the NHL is winning the PR battle at this point in my opinion. The players getting 57% is pretty ridiculous and 50% seems pretty damn good to me. Time to stop focusing on the past (the 57%) and start focusing on the present and future. The owner's have to do a whole lot more than simply "own" the team and the players benefit from a lot of this. Flying on private jets, hotel rooms, even a food per diem...this is all coming from the team. The players getting 50/50 seems fair to most fans (atleast from what I have read on the internet and people I have spoken to).

Sure, but who gives a turkey if the NHL is winning? We're all losing without NHL hockey, and the longer the lockout goes on, the more revenue lost by the league.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Sure, but who gives a turkey if the NHL is winning? We're all losing without NHL hockey, and the longer the lockout goes on, the more revenue lost by the league.

Well you blamed the league and said it was their fault...I said why I think most are going to think it is the players' fault and not the owners. That is what my whole post was about and what your whole post was about that I replied to...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well you blamed the league and said it was their fault...I said why I think most are going to think it is the players' fault and not the owners. That is what my whole post was about...

I'll blame Gary Bettman for leading the league through two lockouts. I'll also blame the owners for taking their ball and going home. I still don't understand what's so great about a league winning a PR battle, considering its their second work stoppage in 8 years. The league's winning, yet they aren't making as much money as they'd be if they were playing games. 135+ games cancelled, but the league is winning, millions lost in revenue, but the league is winning.

57/43 isn't fair(no shit), but after the players give ground, the owners will take more and more, and the players will lose more of their rights. The players will probably end up giving ground, but the whole idea of someone winning right now is absolutely ridiculous.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'll blame Gary Bettman for leading the league through two lockouts. I'll also blame the owners for taking their ball and going home. I still don't understand what's so great about a league winning a PR battle, considering its their second work stoppage in 8 years. The league's winning, yet they aren't making as much money as they'd be if they were playing games. 135+ games cancelled, but the league is winning, millions lost in revenue, but the league is winning.

57/43 isn't fair(no shit), but after the players give ground, the owners will take more and more, and the players will lose more of their rights. The players will probably end up giving ground, but the whole idea of someone winning right now is absolutely ridiculous.

All that would be solved if the players accepted the NHL's offer of a 50/50 split with a full 82 game season... So yes, the NHL is winning the PR battle, doing just fine (unless the players don't accept), and the PR battle is "who is to blame" for the lockout. Right now, it is all on the players for the most part. So, when the post is about who's fault it is...I'm saying that ball is in the players' court right now. If you blame Bettman, then you probably have to blame Fehr as well...he has now led two sports through a work stoppage as well.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;WWaLxFIVX1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/video]

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fans think it should be "50/50" I guess these "fans" are experts.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
fans think it should be "50/50" I guess these "fans" are experts.

Here we go again. Yet you thank Fisch, a "fan", when he says that Bettman is to blame. Guess other "fans" can't give their opinions and comment on things.

Two way road. Thanks for adding something to the conversation. Please notice that there was a conversation until you came around. Learn how to stay on track and contribute to the conversation. Fisch and I were doing just fine.

The end.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here we go again. Yet you thank Fisch, a "fan", when he says that Bettman is to blame. Guess other "fans" can't give their opinions and comment on things.

Two way road. Thanks for adding something to the conversation. Please notice that there was a conversation until you came around.

The end.

Dense. Just Dense.

Blaming a side is one thing, giving specific numbers and saying "fans and stuffz" are 2 different things. Think hawkposter, think.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Dense. Just Dense.

Blaming a side is one thing, giving specific numbers and saying "fans and stuffz" are 2 different things. Think hawkposter, think.

Did you not read my posts? There isn't a chance you did. You probably just saw a post from me and got all wet thinking that you could try and take a shot.

Once again, no substance. There was a fine conversation going back and forth there. Contribute to it and stay on track ms. dewsux.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you not read my posts? There isn't a chance you did. You probably just saw a post from me and got all wet thinking that you could try and take a shot.

Once again, no substance. There was a fine conversation going back and forth there. Contribute to it and stay on track ms. dewsux.

:rofl: you have to be capt serious....you just have to be.

yes I get very wet when I get a chance to take a shot at you, very very very wet.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
:rofl: you have to be capt serious....you just have to be.

yes I get very wet when I get a chance to take a shot at you, very very very wet.

There was a hockey conversation.

Now there is shit to sort through.

Get back on the conversation at hand and stick to it. Pretty easy.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a hockey conversation.

Now there is shit to sort through.

Get back on the conversation at hand and stick to it. Pretty easy.

I was until you started to cry about what I said. I didnt know 1 sentence tellling you that "fans 50/50" would make you cry like a baby.

Than I rebutted with the fact that taking sides and giving specific numbers from "fans" are 2 different things....yet you still get your little buttox hurt. Too much sand in the vagina?

Stop crying and whining thinking that I am "out to get you" Im only out to get those who can put up a debate and talk shit...not the ones I laugh at and feel sorry for.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
All that would be solved if the players accepted the NHL's offer of a 50/50 split with a full 82 game season... So yes, the NHL is winning the PR battle, doing just fine (unless the players don't accept), and the PR battle is "who is to blame" for the lockout. Right now, it is all on the players for the most part. So, when the post is about who's fault it is...I'm saying that ball is in the players' court right now. If you blame Bettman, then you probably have to blame Fehr as well...he has now led two sports through a work stoppage as well.

I'll repost the last piece of hockey conversation in this thread, seen above in the quote.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly don't care anymore what they do. When you think about it....its pretty laughable. Here's two sides that NEED each other to co-exist, yet they cannot seem to accomplish that. Its kinda like kids playing. One kid has the pucks and other kid has the sticks.....they need each other to play but cant agree, so no one plays. It's just plain childish and stupid. No one plays and both the owners and players lose their asses. They really, really deserve each other. What they DO NOT deserve are the loyal fans that are caught in the middle....the sorry thing about that is that the money they are haggling over is the money that they get for the most part from the very fans that they are alienating.

How could this have been eliminated? Easy. Instead of starring at each other for months waiting to see who blinks first....get their collective asses to the bargining table before the season starts. Get your ducks in a row BEFORE it costs you money and BEFORE you run off your fanbase.

Not exactly rocket science.

Maybe this is the time. The economy is bad. People for the most part don't have as much money to blow on entertainment as they used to. Maybe, just maybe this is the time that sports fans say..."ENOUGH". Go fuck yourselves, you greedy bastards.....Im not going to your games.