CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't think the BCS itself is the worst thing in the world. However, the fact that the BCS is beholden to conferences such as the Big East is what is the biggest joke about the whole damn thing. Even more so now that these conferences are reshuffling. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a single Big 10 team this year in the top 12. Not a single one. Sorry, but you don't deserve the Rose Bowl this year Wisconsin, or any team in the Big 10. Why aren't people like Herbstreit pissed about that?

Take the top 10 and be done with it. Everything but 1 game are just exhibition games anyways.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Championship game
(1) ND vs (2) Bama

Orange Bowl
(3) Florida vs. (4) Oregon

Fiesta Bowl
(5) KSU vs (6) Stanford

Rose Bowl
(7) Georgia vs (8) LSU

Sugar Bowl
(9) TAMU vs (10) South Carolina

Nope, can't have 6 SEC teams in there. Despite the fact that they prove year in and year out that they are the best conference in CFB. America wants to see an 8-5 Wisconsin team

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Championship game
(1) ND vs (2) Bama

Orange Bowl
(3) Florida vs. (4) Oregon

Fiesta Bowl
(5) KSU vs (6) Stanford

Rose Bowl
(7) Georgia vs (8) LSU

Sugar Bowl
(9) TAMU vs (10) South Carolina

Nope, can't have 6 SEC teams in there. Despite the fact that they prove year in and year out that they are the best conference in CFB. America wants to see an 8-5 Wisconsin team

Good Lord those matchups... :smug:

Would love to see a Florida-Georgia rematch.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why? Don't you feel better that the Big East champion is involved in this whole thing?

Not at all. I'd love to see a Florida-Georgia rematch.

I'm not arguing that format that you posted. That would be the best thing.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But......Wisconsin?

5 Losses.

NIU 1 loss to Iowa, by 1 point. Won MAC with 1 loss. Benefited from the BCS flawed system.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In all seriousness, I'm not sold that NIU going to the Orange Bowl is worth it. They did what they had to do though, based on the rules that I'm assuming all of these conferences agreed to. No sense in getting all upset about it if you're Oklahoma or Georgia. Again, I think it is ridiculous when you talk about how shitty the ACC has been for years, and how awful the Big 10 was this year considering some of the bans they have to deal with.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In all seriousness, I'm not sold that NIU going to the Orange Bowl is worth it. They did what they had to do though, based on the rules that I'm assuming all of these conferences agreed to. No sense in getting all upset about it if you're Oklahoma or Georgia. Again, I think it is ridiculous when you talk about how shitty the ACC has been for years, and how awful the Big 10 was this year considering some of the bans they have to deal with.

I can see the argument from both sides, except people that are blaming NIU. Not their fault really. ESPN slammed them pretty good. Hoping NIU pulls off a miracle, so people shut up about it.

Another thing, it's not like those teams aren't playing in a bowl game either. And say NIU loses by 21...LSU lost 21-0 in the title game last year. Or look at the Orange Bowl blowout from last season. Just don't see why everyone is pissing their pass over it really.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I can see the argument from both sides, except people that are blaming NIU. Not their fault really. ESPN slammed them pretty good. Hoping NIU pulls off a miracle, so people shut up about it.

Another thing, it's not like those teams aren't playing in a bowl game either. And say NIU loses by 21...LSU lost 21-0 in the title game last year. Or look at the Orange Bowl blowout from last season. Just don't see why everyone is pissing their pass over it really.
I said it in a post above. With the exception of the National Championship game, the rest of the bowl games are just exhibitions. The only difference is the millions of dollars that Oklahoma and Georgia can get by without.