Would Someone Like Jon Gruden Really Be An Upgrade?

dondraper

his last playoff win was the sb in 03, when he won with the team tony dungy built. there is a reason he was fired by the bucs...and bill cohwer was basically the white love smith with the steelers. he finally won a sb in 06 with a lot of help from the refs...i'm not a big fan of love smith but a big name doesn't always mean a better coach

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
No.

If you want an upgrade, the only name out there that really could potentially be an upgrade is Sean Payton. Everyone else is an also-ran who at their best had similar success to Lovie.

dondraper

it's not hard to look like a genius with aj green and jermaine gresham

Dr. Bear

Liked Posts:
Jermaine Gresham is hardly a name-TE. Honestly he did great with Dalton too.

But no, I don't think Gruden is all that. However, any coach who can do more than simpleton game plans will be an upgrade over Lovie. Someone who when up by 3 points won't put the brakes on the offense would be nice.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
green and dalton made po-bowls rookie yr.

plus gershman is no name

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Cowher or another year of Lovie, IMO.

Dr. Bear

Liked Posts:
All rookies that excelled under him. You think they just hit the nail on the head of every draft pick?

Better yet, ask yourself: Would Lovie/Tice get the same production out of these guys? (Hint: the answer is no)

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
watch one game of the bengals and lok how their o is runned.

they beat the giants

Excellent point, but the Bengals lost to the Steelers, who lost to the Titans, who lost to us...so that has to mean the Bears are a better team than the Bengals

Dr. Bear

Liked Posts:
Excellent point, but the Bengals lost to the Steelers, who lost to the Titans, who lost to us...so that has to mean the Bears are a better team than the Bengals

Dude just watch the games. Everyone thought the Bears offense played great yesterday and they scored 17, 1 touchdown was off a turnover too. The coaching is absolutely horrid on this team- so badly that fans think great things are happening when an offense scores under 20.

dondraper

Dude just watch the games. Everyone thought the Bears offense played great yesterday and they scored 17, 1 touchdown was off a turnover too. The coaching is absolutely horrid on this team- so badly that fans think great things are happening when an offense scores under 20.

If love kicked the fg in the first and earl caught that pass we would have had 27. That's good against a defense like the Seahawks

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if replacing Lovie you have to look at an exceptional current coordinator.