2nd Round: Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
4th Round: A.J. Klein - ILB - Iowa State

:yeah:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think we will know quickly whether Lovie is coming back once the season is over. If he's not, I hope Emery has already got a plan A, B, and C to go to. From what the beat writers and radio guys have said, Emery is not emotionally tied to anything and willing to do what he feels will make this team better. Be it keeping Lovie or getting rid of everybody. Of course it's all speculation. I'm kind of excited to see how things play out already.

That's b/c we're draft nerds. :hi5:

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
Walter Football:
1st Round: 22th Pick -- Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round: 53th Pick -- Larry Warford - OG - Kentucty​

Walter Football got updated.

defiantly not happy with Tyler

his numbers have dropped this year, since last last year, they should have went up since Floyd left.

that just shows he was getting benefit on teams covering Floyd, also ND hasn't really produced good TE, rudolph just got hot this year again no other weapon on viqueens.

and big no on TE in 1st, with other much needed needs

Last edited:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
defiently not happy with Tyler

his numbers has dropped his last year, they should have went up since Floyd left.

that just shows he was getting benefit on teams covering Floyd, also ND hasn't really produced good TE, rudolph just got hot this year again no other weapon on viqueens.

We can agree to disagree. I think it's a huge need, and he'd be a big pick.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can agree to disagree. I think it's a huge need, and he'd be a big pick.

I think we are also assuming the Bears will be doing something for the OL in FA. I don't think we draft TE if we don't sign a Tackle or Guard in FA.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think we are also assuming the Bears will be doing something for the OL in FA. I don't think we draft TE if we don't sign a Tackle or Guard in FA.

Yeah, I agree. if we don't address the OL in FA at all, I think we go OL w/ 1st pick...and best player available w/ 2nd.

EROCK23

Liked Posts:

his numbers have dropped this year, since last last year, they should have went up since Floyd left.

His numbers may have dropped because Notre Dame relied on their running game and in doing so it showed Eifert's superb blocking skills. His stock rose because of it as did Floyd's last year when he had to block alot. Eifert statistically is ND's best TE ever. He would be a great pick.

EROCK23

Liked Posts:
I still wish the Bears would go after Te'o to replace Urlacher but thats unrealistic and my ND homerism coming in.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
i hope we go OT, WR, G/C
barrett jones in 1st

in the first 3 rounds

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i hope we go OT, WR, G/C
barrett jones in 1st

in the first 3 rounds

No offense, bud, but if you think WR is a bigger need than TE....well, we just disagree. I think a good TE makes our passing deficiencies diminish, personally.

That being said, if we grab one of the top 4 TEs in FA, I wouldn't mind grabbing a WR by the 3rd or so.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
No offense, bud, but if you think WR is a bigger need than TE....well, we just disagree. I think a good TE makes our passing deficiencies diminish, personally.

That being said, if we grab one of the top 4 TEs in FA, I wouldn't mind grabbing a WR by the 3rd or so.

okay Mr., we drafted a TE last year. have 4 on the roster. Adams is a good TE, doesn't get used much. plus tice doesn't really know how to use TE and also he doesn't use them much either.

plus these last 7 games if you saw how desperately we need another WR with jeffery, bennet doesn't give a hint i don't know what will. and there is no TE worth a 1st rounder in this years draft

btw, why you asked if i was mad with you?

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we can all agree, we cannot have TEs and WRs chipping on every pass play. Did you guys see Weems trying to chip Allen in the Vikings game. That crap is killing us. We have to get two, maybe three OL buy draft or FA. I'm hoping we get a really solid FA Tackle, Johnathan Cooper in the draft, and maybe then you could go WR in the 2nd and see where we're at with Adams, ERod, and Spaeth.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

his numbers have dropped this year,
since last last year, they should have went up since Floyd left.

I'm sure that having a RS frosh starting at QB and ND running the ball an insane amount with Wood, Riddick, and Atkinson at times hasn't been the issue..........

:obama:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
okay Mr., we drafted a TE last year. have 4 on the roster. Adams is a good TE, doesn't get used much. plus tice doesn't really know how to use TE and also he doesn't use them much either.

plus these last 7 games if you saw how desperately we need another WR with jeffery, bennet doesn't give a hint i don't know what will. and there is no TE worth a 1st rounder in this years draft

btw, why you asked if i was mad with you?

And 3 of them suck and the 4th is a tweener/H-balf maybe. Davis, Spaeth, and Adams all suck and should be cut before next season.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
And 3 of them suck and the 4th is a tweener/H-balf maybe. Davis, Spaeth, and Adams all suck and should be cut before next season.

I feel like Spaeth does what he is asked to do more often than not. I don't know how much he make, but keeping him at 3rd TE for blocking and occasional route running would be ok.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Hire Dennison Install Zone Blocking Offseason

Fire Lovie Smith.

Hire Rick Dennison [54]

Dennison has a very diverse skill set when it comes to coaching. After playing LB in the NFL for 9 seasons he began coaching offense serving as the OL coach for the Broncos from 2001-2005 then the OC from 2006-2008, when he coached both Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, before coaching the OL again in 2009 before becoming Houston's OC from 2010 to this season. Not only has he been involved in some very good offenses that featured players on our team he has been part of a Houston offense that is very dangerous. With his experience with our personnel and a strong running background he might be the best option for the Bears.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ext-head-coach

Re-Sign

DT Henry Melton 5 years 37.5 million/18 guaranteed [5/6/7/9/10.5]

OG Lance Louis [4 years 15 million/5 guaranteed] [2/4/4/5]

LB Nick Roach [2 years 6 million/3 guaranteed] [2/4]

CB Kelvin Hayden [2 years 4 million/1 guaranteed] [2/2]

DE Israel Idonjie [1 year/1.5 million] [1.5]

Release/Not Re-sign/Reitre [Money Saved]

LB Brian Urlacher

TE Kellen Davis [3]

WR Devin Hester [2.5]

CB D.J Moore

Restructure

WR Brandon Marshall

DE Julius Peppers

CB Charles Tillman

Free Agents

TE Jared Cook [Tennessee] 4 years 20 million/ 8 guaranteed [3/4/5/6]
Ciook is coming off an injury so his price tag has dipped, but he is 6'5" runs fast and catches the ball like a WR and while he cannot block that well he can catch the ball and is a threat in the middle of the field.

jared-cook-43_lg.jpg

OT Tyler Polumbus [Washington] 3 years 15 million/6 guaranteed [4/5/6]

The Redskins are again getting salary cap killed and it is to the Bears benefit as Polumbus is a solid starting RT and has experience in the zone blocking scheme that they ran in Denver. He has experience with Jay and Dennison in Denver.

613x.jpg

LB Jonathan Casillas [New Orleans] 4 years 12 million/5 guaranteed [3/4/4/3]

A back up for New Orleans he has a ton of speed and he plays hard and can come here and get a chance to start on a reasonable raise and prove himself as a starter for a new deal. With Roach moving to the middle and Greene being groomed in that spot as the long term answer Casillas can play SLB.

jonathan-casillasjpg-688148a88baa00fc_medium.jpg

QB Drew Stanton [Indianapolis] 2 years 4 million/2 guaranteed [2/2]

With Jay Cutler missing at least a game a year we need someone behind him that can keep the ship on the road for a couple of weeks. Stanton has similar mobility to Cutler and he will not stand at 5 yards like a statue like J Campbell.

stantonx-inset-community.jpg

LB Tavares Gooden [San Francisco] 2 years 4 million/2 guaranteed [2/2]

An incredibly fast LB that can provide depth an insurance along the LB core and can provide an impact special teamer for a reasonable price.

350x.jpg

Draft

1[23] OG/C Jonthan Cooper [UNC] 6'3" 320lbs.

The Bears are in the draft position where they can choose the 4th best OT in the draft or pick one of the higher ranked interior players. Cooper or Warmack can come in and start day 1 and provide the Bears with the LG that they need. Cooper is the pick because of his versatility and ability to play C if Carimi continues to develop at OG. While Warmack is a more powerful player, Cooper is more athletic and combines the ability to pull with great pass protection skills. Cooper has the balance and heavy hands that the Bears need to allow Cutler to step up in the pocket and deliver the ball. Cooper also has a mean streak and with his size he gives us two [Lance Louis] 320lbs OGs that will punch you right in the mouth. Cooper immediatly becomes a starter and probably stays there for the next 10 years, he does not have the risk of a guy like Chris Williams.

ncf_u_jonathancooper_es_600.jpg

2[55] OT Justin Pugh [Syracuse] 6'6" 300lbs.

The Bears may miss on the 1st round of OTs, but this draft is deep with OTs and the Bears can find a ZBS LT in the 2nd round with Pugh or Lane Johnson. Pugh is undersized and needs to add strength, but he is very athletic and he has exceptional technique and can come in and compete right away. In the zone blocking scheme that Dennison runs Pugh's lack of strength can be hidden while his athletic feet might just make him a better option than Webb day 1.

com_120806_adelsonpugh_120806.jpg

4. LB Jon Bostic [Florida] 6'1" 240lbs.

The Bears add youth and speed to the LB core in free agency and they continue to add speed and youth in the draft. Bostic is a physical leader that can step in and provide depth in the LB core and cen be developed to be the MLB of the future. I also think that Bostic has the ability to be a MLB in a 4-3 and he has the size and phsyicality to be a MLB in a 3-4.

rn_u_jonathanbostic1_ms_600.jpg

5. CB Sheldon Price [UCLA] 6'2" 200lbs.

More size and depth to the CB core that can be developed behind Tillman and Jennings. Price has the physical skill set to start and has played some great competition in terms of passing attacks in the Pac 12. Price would be counted on to play special teams and learn.

Markus_Wheaton__Sheldon_Price.jpg

6. WR Lanear Sampson [Baylor] 5'11" 200lbs.

The Bears need to move on from Hester who is bringing nothing to the table right now on offense or in the kick return game. Sampson really has one skill and that is to run deep and to force coverage back. He can replace what Hester does on offense and clear out defenses and return kicks.

Lanear+Sampson+Baylor+v+Kansas+State+hcFdF7QoA7sl.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Stanton

RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez

WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Sampson, Weems

TE: Cook, Spaeth, Adams

LT: Webb/Pugh

LG: Cooper, Carimi

C: Garza, Cooper

RG: Louis

RT: Polumbus, Carimi

RE: Peppers, McClellin

DT: Melton, Collins

NT: Paea, Toneia

LE: Wootton, Idonije

SLB: Casillas, Gooden, Costanzo

MLB: Roach, Bostic

WLB: Briggs, Thomas

CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Price, Frey, McManis

FS: Conte, Hardin

SS: Wright, Steltz, Walter

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
updated the 2nd post w/ Windy's updated mock. Great stuff, WC!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
all Mocks updated. DraftTek and Football's Future are currently having some website issues.

Will update you all when I notice a change in any draft.

You guys know of any that should be added?

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hire Dennison Install Zone Blocking Offseason

Fire Lovie Smith.

Hire Rick Dennison [54]

Dennison has a very diverse skill set when it comes to coaching. After playing LB in the NFL for 9 seasons he began coaching offense serving as the OL coach for the Broncos from 2001-2005 then the OC from 2006-2008, when he coached both Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, before coaching the OL again in 2009 before becoming Houston's OC from 2010 to this season. Not only has he been involved in some very good offenses that featured players on our team he has been part of a Houston offense that is very dangerous. With his experience with our personnel and a strong running background he might be the best option for the Bears.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ext-head-coach

facebook_like_button.jpg

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
No one has this, but Todd McShay had the Bears taking Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson. Dont have link to insider, but I saw this somewhere, so i linked the bleacher report talking about it.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1443836-2013-todd-mcshay-nfl-mock-draft-fan-bases-that-must-hope-draft-guru-is-wrong?utm_source=pulse
Chicago Bears fans have to be scratching their heads about McShay predicting Phil Emery will take Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson.

[video=youtube;eBPqksG9nbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA[/video]

Add him to the list.

Reactions: X