X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yahoo! Sports added.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
I decided i wanted to do an off-season like WindyCity, cause it looked fun. And it was. Here ya go. (if i copied anything, all credit to Windy C

Re-Sign
DT Henry Melton 5 years 35 million/16 guaranteed [6/7/7/7/8] (similar to Red Bryant's 5 yr 35mil/14.5)

OG Lance Louis 4 years 16 million/4 guaranteed [3.5/3.5/4.5/4.5] (a little less than Incognito and Blalock)

LB Brian Urlacher 1 year 6 million [6] (Fellow senior citizen London Fletcher is at 5.5 million)

CB Kelvin Hayden 2 years 4 million/1 guaranteed [2/2] (a little less than Cedric Griffin and Drew Coleman)

LB Nick Roach 3 years 9 million/3 guaranteed [3/3/3] (a little less than the Stephen Nicholas and Manny Lawson range)

LB Geno Hayes 2 years 2 million [.8/1.2] (if he can't find a better job, i think he'd gladly come back)

LS Patrick Mannelly 2 years 1.6 million [.9/.7]
DT Nate Collins 3 years 2 million [.6/.6/.8]
FS Anthony Walters 2 years 1 million [.5/.5]

Release
Davis [2.5 saved]
Hester [around 2.5] ("deescalating" roster bonus is confusing)

Restructure
WR Brandon Marshall
DE Julius Peppers
CB Charles Tillman

Free Agents
Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Patriots, 4 years 24 million/10 guaranteed [7/6/6/5]
It is likely that Clady and Albert won't hit the market, and Jake Long will be expensive. I think Vollmer is a nice consolation prize. The Bears RT position has been held mostly by journeyman Jonathon Scott, and Webb has been mediocre at best at LT. Vollmer is veteran who can come in and bring some consistency at either position. Sirius XM Radio's Ross Tucker thinks Patriots RT Sebastian Vollmer has "probably been the best right tackle in the game" in 2012, but he's had some injuries in the past and he isn't getting any younger, so he won't be demanding top dollar. It is likely that the Bears will draft an OT as well, so Volmer's leadership should help both Webb and the newcomer develop.
images

Jared Cook, TE, Titans, 4 years 20 million/8 guaranteed [4/4/6/6] (slightly less than Aaron Hernandez)
Before his season-ending shoulder injury, it had been reported that Cook had requested a trade out of Tennessee. This likely means he will not re-sign with the team. TE has been arguably the Bears worst position, and Cook is one of the young, up-and-coming TE's. He has big play ability and would be a much needed upgrade. He would get guaranteed playing time and fit very well into the offense.
512x.jpg

Deverey Henderson, WR, Saints, 2 years 3.5 million [2, 1.5]
Coming off of a down year, Henderson could use a change of scenery. The Saints have been a different team without Sean Peyton and everyone has struggled. Henderson has been a consistent 3rd or 4th option for Brees, and he should be pretty cheap, presenting a low-risk, high-reward option to fill the Deep-Threat role that has been missing without Johnny Knox.
images

Matt Moore, QB, Dolphins, 2 years 4 million [2/2]
Similar to Jason Campbell, Moore is really at a low point in his career, and he likely won't be able to find a starting job. I think he would be wise to come to Chicago to get his career back on track. Cutler will miss at least a game per season, and Moore knows he can use that time to audition for other teams. I think Cutler can also help him improve, so it seems like a good fit. Although his name is often taboo as a terrible quarterback, but he has been plagued with awful teams, from the Panthers to the Dolphins. He also has the connection with Brandon Marshall.
130984482_crop_650x440.jpg

Draft

1 [24] T/G/C Barrett Jones [Alabama] 6'5", 311lbs.
The Bears have a variety of needs that could be addressed in the 1st round, including multiple offensive line positions. This is why Barrett Jones is a perfect fit. He was an exceptional Guard his freshman and sophomore year; he moved to Left Tackle as a junior and played well; and he played Center last year. To quote Walterfootball: "He wasn't getting - or needing - any help with LSU's speed-rushers on the edge, and Jones was rock solid not allowing a sack or pressure. He had another good game in the National Championship. Jones only moved to left tackle in 2011 after playing guard the previous two years. His transisition was flawless. He did a fabulous job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and was equally good in pass protection. Jones is an intelligent player who has the physical tools to be effective." He could plug in and play at whatever position the Bears need him to, although he's projected to be more of a G/C. He was an Academic All-American and should learn a lot from the veterans. Reminds me of Garza.
images

2 [56] LB Khaseem Greene [Rutgers] 6'1" 235lbs.
I don't mean to be unoriginal, but Khaseem draws so many parallels to Urlacher, that I couldn't go with anyone else. Both are converted safeties who played Outside Linebacker in college, but project as Middle Linebackers in the NFL. Selected as First Team All-Conference for the 2012 season, Greene was a unanimous selection as the conference defensive player of the year. After earning share of the award in 2011, Greene won the award outright in 2012 after finishing the regular season with 125 tackles and six forced fumbles to lead the nation's No. 4 ranked scoring defense (via CBS). He needs to gain some weight to be come a more solid linebacker, but his athleticism and coverage ability make him a perfect fit for this defense.
14.2s.080.rutgers1--300x300.jpg

4 [120] OT Brian Winters [Kent State] 6'6" 294lbs.
Winter's draft stock has been skyrocketing and it is more than likely that he will not be on the board by the 4th round, but for now I'm going to put him here. He has been a solid Left Tackle for Kent State for 3 straight seasons, earning 1st team all-conference awards all 3 years. Because of his conference, scouts first want to see him play against better competition, and his senior bowl performance will be huge for his draft stock. He needs to gain a little weight too, but he is a solid tackle prospect.
Brian-Winters-Kent-St..jpg

5 [152] CB Johnny Adams [Michigan State] 5'11" 177lbs.
Adams is a physical, aggressive Cornerback who would fit well with the Zone Coverage that the Bears run. He's given up a few deep plays this season, but with time to develop behind Tillman and Jennings, I think he can refine his coverage. His great run-stopping ability makes him a nice pick who could likely excel on special teams.
johnny-adams-p1.jpg

6 [184] WR Chad Bumphis [Mississippi State] 5'10" 200lbs.
Bumphis would essentially be groomed to be Johnny Knox. He has caught 55 passes for 904 yards and 12 touchdowns this year and also returns punts. Deverey Henderson would be a nice mentor to develop him, and I think he would be ready by the time Henderson's contract is up. He could develop into something special. He has had some legal trouble in the past, but I think the Bears are a good locker room for him, especially Brandon Marshall.
AB0Y_11051113_Chad_Bumphis.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Moore

RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez

WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Henderson, Weems, Bumphis

TE: Cook, Spaeth, Adams

LT: Webb/Winters/Jones

LG: Jones/Williams/Carimi

C: Garza, Williams

RG: Louis

RT: Vollmer, Carimi

RE: Peppers, McClellin

DT: Melton, Collins

NT: Paea, Toeaina

LE: Wootton, Idonije

SLB: Roach, Hayes,

MLB: Urlacher, Greene

WLB: Briggs, Costanzo

CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Adams, Frey, McManis

FS: Conte, Hardin

SS: Wright, Steltz, Walter

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be far easier to see what O linemen, Eremy will bring in before we worry too much about the Draft. Second tier O linmen would mean we would not be spending top dollar for our O line and at the same given up player use playes we know can paly in the NFL Leaving money we may need for our players and next years Dratf. Won't heard to save back for a good TE and other WR. After that we can dratf some good D palyers that will be realy to play down the road a year or two when some of our players will have to move no.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be far easier to see what O linemen, Eremy will bring in before we worry too much about the Draft. Second tier O linmen would mean we would not be spending top dollar for our O line and at the same given up player use playes we know can paly in the NFL Leaving money we may need for our players and next years Dratf. Won't heard to save back for a good TE and other WR. After that we can dratf some good D palyers that will be realy to play down the road a year or two when some of our players will have to move no.

No one's forcing anyone to look ahead to the draft. Some people really enjoy it though. Everything you said is speculation just like every mock draft is at this point. :shrug:

That being said, I think most of us are hopeful that Emery spends some money on OL and TE this offseason and not rely entirely on the draft.

Last edited:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
rob rang and dane bruglar (CBS Sports guys) mocks added.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
OP completely updated w/ profiles from CBSSports. If anyone notices a dead/incorrect link, lemme know pls.

<3 you guys.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I decided i wanted to do an off-season like WindyCity, cause it looked fun. And it was. Here ya go. (if i copied anything, all credit to Windy C

Re-Sign
DT Henry Melton 5 years 35 million/16 guaranteed [6/7/7/7/8] (similar to Red Bryant's 5 yr 35mil/14.5)

OG Lance Louis 4 years 16 million/4 guaranteed [3.5/3.5/4.5/4.5] (a little less than Incognito and Blalock)

LB Brian Urlacher 1 year 6 million [6] (Fellow senior citizen London Fletcher is at 5.5 million)

CB Kelvin Hayden 2 years 4 million/1 guaranteed [2/2] (a little less than Cedric Griffin and Drew Coleman)

LB Nick Roach 3 years 9 million/3 guaranteed [3/3/3] (a little less than the Stephen Nicholas and Manny Lawson range)

LB Geno Hayes 2 years 2 million [.8/1.2] (if he can't find a better job, i think he'd gladly come back)

LS Patrick Mannelly 2 years 1.6 million [.9/.7]
DT Nate Collins 3 years 2 million [.6/.6/.8]
FS Anthony Walters 2 years 1 million [.5/.5]

Release
Davis [2.5 saved]
Hester [around 2.5] ("deescalating" roster bonus is confusing)

Restructure
WR Brandon Marshall
DE Julius Peppers
CB Charles Tillman

Free Agents
Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Patriots, 4 years 24 million/10 guaranteed [7/6/6/5]
It is likely that Clady and Albert won't hit the market, and Jake Long will be expensive. I think Vollmer is a nice consolation prize. The Bears RT position has been held mostly by journeyman Jonathon Scott, and Webb has been mediocre at best at LT. Vollmer is veteran who can come in and bring some consistency at either position. Sirius XM Radio's Ross Tucker thinks Patriots RT Sebastian Vollmer has "probably been the best right tackle in the game" in 2012, but he's had some injuries in the past and he isn't getting any younger, so he won't be demanding top dollar. It is likely that the Bears will draft an OT as well, so Volmer's leadership should help both Webb and the newcomer develop.
images

Jared Cook, TE, Titans, 4 years 20 million/8 guaranteed [4/4/6/6] (slightly less than Aaron Hernandez)
Before his season-ending shoulder injury, it had been reported that Cook had requested a trade out of Tennessee. This likely means he will not re-sign with the team. TE has been arguably the Bears worst position, and Cook is one of the young, up-and-coming TE's. He has big play ability and would be a much needed upgrade. He would get guaranteed playing time and fit very well into the offense.
512x.jpg

Deverey Henderson, WR, Saints, 2 years 3.5 million [2, 1.5]
Coming off of a down year, Henderson could use a change of scenery. The Saints have been a different team without Sean Peyton and everyone has struggled. Henderson has been a consistent 3rd or 4th option for Brees, and he should be pretty cheap, presenting a low-risk, high-reward option to fill the Deep-Threat role that has been missing without Johnny Knox.
images

Matt Moore, QB, Dolphins, 2 years 4 million [2/2]
Similar to Jason Campbell, Moore is really at a low point in his career, and he likely won't be able to find a starting job. I think he would be wise to come to Chicago to get his career back on track. Cutler will miss at least a game per season, and Moore knows he can use that time to audition for other teams. I think Cutler can also help him improve, so it seems like a good fit. Although his name is often taboo as a terrible quarterback, but he has been plagued with awful teams, from the Panthers to the Dolphins. He also has the connection with Brandon Marshall.
130984482_crop_650x440.jpg

Draft

1 [24] T/G/C Barrett Jones [Alabama] 6'5", 311lbs.
The Bears have a variety of needs that could be addressed in the 1st round, including multiple offensive line positions. This is why Barrett Jones is a perfect fit. He was an exceptional Guard his freshman and sophomore year; he moved to Left Tackle as a junior and played well; and he played Center last year. To quote Walterfootball: "He wasn't getting - or needing - any help with LSU's speed-rushers on the edge, and Jones was rock solid not allowing a sack or pressure. He had another good game in the National Championship. Jones only moved to left tackle in 2011 after playing guard the previous two years. His transisition was flawless. He did a fabulous job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and was equally good in pass protection. Jones is an intelligent player who has the physical tools to be effective." He could plug in and play at whatever position the Bears need him to, although he's projected to be more of a G/C. He was an Academic All-American and should learn a lot from the veterans. Reminds me of Garza.
images

2 [56] LB Khaseem Greene [Rutgers] 6'1" 235lbs.
I don't mean to be unoriginal, but Khaseem draws so many parallels to Urlacher, that I couldn't go with anyone else. Both are converted safeties who played Outside Linebacker in college, but project as Middle Linebackers in the NFL. Selected as First Team All-Conference for the 2012 season, Greene was a unanimous selection as the conference defensive player of the year. After earning share of the award in 2011, Greene won the award outright in 2012 after finishing the regular season with 125 tackles and six forced fumbles to lead the nation's No. 4 ranked scoring defense (via CBS). He needs to gain some weight to be come a more solid linebacker, but his athleticism and coverage ability make him a perfect fit for this defense.
14.2s.080.rutgers1--300x300.jpg

4 [120] OT Brian Winters [Kent State] 6'6" 294lbs.
Winter's draft stock has been skyrocketing and it is more than likely that he will not be on the board by the 4th round, but for now I'm going to put him here. He has been a solid Left Tackle for Kent State for 3 straight seasons, earning 1st team all-conference awards all 3 years. Because of his conference, scouts first want to see him play against better competition, and his senior bowl performance will be huge for his draft stock. He needs to gain a little weight too, but he is a solid tackle prospect.
Brian-Winters-Kent-St..jpg

5 [152] CB Johnny Adams [Michigan State] 5'11" 177lbs.
Adams is a physical, aggressive Cornerback who would fit well with the Zone Coverage that the Bears run. He's given up a few deep plays this season, but with time to develop behind Tillman and Jennings, I think he can refine his coverage. His great run-stopping ability makes him a nice pick who could likely excel on special teams.
johnny-adams-p1.jpg

6 [184] WR Chad Bumphis [Mississippi State] 5'10" 200lbs.
Bumphis would essentially be groomed to be Johnny Knox. He has caught 55 passes for 904 yards and 12 touchdowns this year and also returns punts. Deverey Henderson would be a nice mentor to develop him, and I think he would be ready by the time Henderson's contract is up. He could develop into something special. He has had some legal trouble in the past, but I think the Bears are a good locker room for him, especially Brandon Marshall.
AB0Y_11051113_Chad_Bumphis.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Moore

RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez

WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Henderson, Weems, Bumphis

TE: Cook, Spaeth, Adams

LT: Webb/Winters/Jones

LG: Jones/Williams/Carimi

C: Garza, Williams

RG: Louis

RT: Vollmer, Carimi

RE: Peppers, McClellin

DT: Melton, Collins

NT: Paea, Toeaina

LE: Wootton, Idonije

SLB: Roach, Hayes,

MLB: Urlacher, Greene

WLB: Briggs, Costanzo

CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Adams, Frey, McManis

FS: Conte, Hardin

SS: Wright, Steltz, Walter

LOVE these by both you and WC. I've moved your mocks to the top of the 2nd post in the thread, and linked your specific posts as well (labeled as "In-Depth Offseason")

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anybody hoping for Chip Kelly in the 1st round? :shifty:

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
you guys still want a defensive player in the first 3 rounds?

we need O-line and WR first 3 rounds.

if you guys don't think so, you guys didn't watch the game.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you guys still want a defensive player in the first 3 rounds?

we need O-line and WR first 3 rounds.

if you guys don't think so, you guys didn't watch the game.

I'd say I've watched more Bears football this season than most anyone on this board. WR would be nice, but we're going to need LB and 2ndary help, too.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
I'd say I've watched more Bears football this season than most anyone on this board. WR would be nice, but we're going to need LB and 2ndary help, too.
you guys will always be happy with mediocrity than.

same crap every year.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Well Earl Bennett was out, and he would have made a big difference. Jeffery needs time to develop too. WR is still a need, but it's not Top 5

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Earl Bennett was out, and he would have made a big difference. Jeffery needs time to develop too. WR is still a need, but it's not Top 5

Earl Bennett hasn't done jack shit all season. Bears need a legit #2 WR so there's less pressure on Jeffrey.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you guys will always be happy with mediocrity than.

same crap every year.

Happy w/ Mediocrity =/= recognizing the biggest weaknesses. But we can agree to disagree. I just don't see a 2nd or 4th round WR being a big impact player on this team for a cpl years. :shrug:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
guess i could see if there's any updates on these.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NFL Draft updated their mock today -- but still have the Bears taking Fisher

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll work from the bottom up. The CBS sports guys haven't changed.

Reactions: X