Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Football's Future updated.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
ahh, don't call names...unless it's derp head...b/c that's just funny.

Some posters ya gotta take w/ a grain of salt. :shrug:

I know I love him. I was just being informative. :D

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Re-Sign

DT Henry Melton 5 years 40 million/18 guaranteed [6/7/7/9/11]

OG Lance Louis [4 years 15 million/5 guaranteed] [2/4/4/5]

LB Nick Roach [2 years 6 million/3 guaranteed] [2/4]

DE Israel Idonjie [2 year/3.5 million] [1.5/2]

Release/Not Re-sign/Reitre [Money Saved]

LB Brian Urlacher

TE Kellen Davis [3]

WR Devin Hester [2.5]

CB D.J Moore

CB Kelvin Hayden

Restructure

WR Brandon Marshall

DE Julius Peppers

CB Charles Tillman

Free Agents:

OG Andy Levitre (Buffalo)

Miami+Dolphins+v+Buffalo+Bills+yeX6OtY3rodl.jpg

Working on the assumption that a Guard will come cheaper than a Tackle in free agency, the Bears opt for the best one on the market. Levitre has started all 64 games of his career, and could solidify an OG spot into the end of the decade. His health is as big of a plus as his blocking ability, and he could be slotted in by a draft choice to form a very solid strong side of the line.

TE Martellus Bennett (New York Giants)

giants-martellus-bennett.jpg

Tight End has been a huge hole for the Bears since Greg Olsen was traded, and even he couldn't block. Bennett represents an upgrade at blocking, catching, route-running, jumping, skipping, making cereal and generally being awesome. On top of that, he's kind of a super hero. After sitting behind Jason Witten for years, Bennett had 55 catches and 5 TDs in 2012 w/ the Giants. He gives Cutler a big target who can occasionally catch the ball, something Cutler's not had out of the TE since he's been in Chicago.

CB Leodis mcKelvin (Buffalo)

Leodis+Mckelvin+Ron+Bellamy+Detroit+Lions+tflCMP9KXDfl.jpg

McKelvin was a high draft pick who has had trouble staying on the field due to injuries. Given that the Bears let Moore and Hayden go, he'll be a solid back-up/nickel if he can stay healthy.

Draft:

1st Round: Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
-------Matthews has the size and strength to stabilize a rough OL.

2nd Round: Da'Rick Rodgers - WR - Tennessee Tech
-------If the Bears do go with a WR early, this is the one to get. Rodgers can step in and make an impact immediately.

4th Round: Nico Johnson - ILB - Alabama
-------Johnson may or may not be available with this pick, but he could be groomed into a starter inside a couple of years.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
that's a really good one facotr.

glad you finally realized eifert is not worth it in the 1st.

like the WR pick too

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Re-Sign

DT Henry Melton 5 years 40 million/18 guaranteed [6/7/7/9/11]

OG Lance Louis [4 years 15 million/5 guaranteed] [2/4/4/5]

LB Nick Roach [2 years 6 million/3 guaranteed] [2/4]

DE Israel Idonjie [2 year/3.5 million] [1.5/2]

Release/Not Re-sign/Reitre [Money Saved]

LB Brian Urlacher

TE Kellen Davis [3]

WR Devin Hester [2.5]

CB D.J Moore

CB Kelvin Hayden

Restructure

WR Brandon Marshall

DE Julius Peppers

CB Charles Tillman

Free Agents:

OG Andy Levitre (Buffalo)

Miami+Dolphins+v+Buffalo+Bills+yeX6OtY3rodl.jpg

Working on the assumption that a Guard will come cheaper than a Tackle in free agency, the Bears opt for the best one on the market. Levitre has started all 64 games of his career, and could solidify an OG spot into the end of the decade. His health is as big of a plus as his blocking ability, and he could be slotted in by a draft choice to form a very solid strong side of the line.

TE Martellus Bennett (New York Giants)

giants-martellus-bennett.jpg

Tight End has been a huge hole for the Bears since Greg Olsen was traded, and even he couldn't block. Bennett represents an upgrade at blocking, catching, route-running, jumping, skipping, making cereal and generally being awesome. On top of that, he's kind of a super hero. After sitting behind Jason Witten for years, Bennett had 55 catches and 5 TDs in 2012 w/ the Giants. He gives Cutler a big target who can occasionally catch the ball, something Cutler's not had out of the TE since he's been in Chicago.

CB Leodis mcKelvin (Buffalo)

Leodis+Mckelvin+Ron+Bellamy+Detroit+Lions+tflCMP9KXDfl.jpg

McKelvin was a high draft pick who has had trouble staying on the field due to injuries. Given that the Bears let Moore and Hayden go, he'll be a solid back-up/nickel if he can stay healthy.

Draft:

1st Round: Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
-------Matthews has the size and strength to stabilize a rough OL.

2nd Round: Da'Rick Rodgers - WR - Tennessee Tech
-------If the Bears do go with a WR early, this is the one to get. Rodgers can step in and make an impact immediately.

4th Round: Nico Johnson - ILB - Alabama
-------Johnson may or may not be available with this pick, but he could be groomed into a starter inside a couple of years.

Problem is Bennett is coming here unless we have the coin

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that's a really good one facotr.

glad you finally realized eifert is not worth it in the 1st.

like the WR pick too

Thanks. I'm not convinced Eifert isn't worth a 1st round pick. However, I'm trying to patch several holes in one offseason, and the FA pool for TE's is relatively deep this year. Makes more sense to sign a FA and draft other positions.

and, I knew you'd like the WR pick...lol...I'm not sold on it either, and honestly, I'm not sure he'll be available in the 2nd...but if he is, he'd be a good pick up.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That seems like a pretty high pick for a team with a 10-6 record.

21-32 = playoff teams. We're the best team to not make the playoffs, record-wise.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Problem is Bennett is coming here unless we have the coin

True...but i don't think Urlacher's coming back...I don't think Hester's coming back, and I think we're better served to sign an OG and go for an OT in the draft, rather than signing an OT and drafting an OG. All of those save some money...but again, that's just me.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
just a thought X. i would refrain from going through the effort of the Re-signings until a new coach is hired and we get a sense of direction of the team moving forward. the mocks are fine still cause we can go off of the glaring weaknesses of the team....just my two cents

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
New CBSSports (both 12/31)
Brugler still has Lane Johnson at 20
Rang switched back to Eric Fisher

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
just a thought X. i would refrain from going through the effort of the Re-signings until a new coach is hired and we get a sense of direction of the team moving forward. the mocks are fine still cause we can go off of the glaring weaknesses of the team....just my two cents

It's still fun to do :D

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

That's fair...but that was just my own personal offseason. Just goofing around, really. hah

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
Thanks. I'm not convinced Eifert isn't worth a 1st round pick. However, I'm trying to patch several holes in one offseason, and the FA pool for TE's is relatively deep this year. Makes more sense to sign a FA and draft other positions.

and, I knew you'd like the WR pick...lol...I'm not sold on it either, and honestly, I'm not sure he'll be available in the 2nd...but if he is, he'd be a good pick up.
Happy New Year!

Rogers is a very solid talented WR. he might slip due to concern with his character. he is being compared to Dez Bryant with talent and character concern. and we see how good Bryant can be. led SEC in WR category too.

really hope he is there.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Walterfootball update 1/1
1st round back to Ogletree
2nd round still Fluker

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Speaking of Ogletree, I asked one of the guys from PigskinHeaven.com about how some of the linebackers would convert to the 4-3. Here's what he said:
Pete Smith ‏@wonderbredd24
Ogletree could play all 3 but probably better at MLB or WLB, Minter is a classic MLB, Arthur Brown could play MLB or WLB

Sounds like any of the 3 would be a nice fit in Marinelli's defense if he's still here.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I was all over Ogletree for the Tampa 2 MLB replacement.. He can fly out on the field. That situation has changed now but he still could be a good MLB in another scheme too.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I was all over Ogletree for the Tampa 2 MLB replacement.. He can fly out on the field. That situation has changed now but he still could be a good MLB in another scheme too.

I'm all over Ogletree. Think he's going to be a stud.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
First Mock Draft for 2013

I know its early and much will change, as much with college player evaluations as having a new HC and who will be our OC/DC and the schemes they want to deploy ... etc

Even with the anemic play of the offense and the desire to obtain an offensive-minded HC. I still think the Bears should go Defense.

I liked that they moved James Brown to LG and Webb has shown improvement every year. Louis has been steady @ RG and Scott did a good job @ RT. Carimi should be back in the mix after another off-season rehabbing his knee. Garza is aging and ineffective. B Jones would be nice, but would cost a 1st rounder and not sure if he is worth it.

Speedy receiver R. Woods or C. Patterson would also be welcomed additions, as would Eiffert or Ertz @ TE . I don't really see the complimentary RB to Forte & Bush in this draft.

But I think a coaching upgrade would make a bigger impact. Tice looked clueless at times calling plays. Drake shouldn't even be coaching. The OL looked over-match during the Martz era, but looked more confused under Tice. I don't get the O-Line guru thing, much less OC. Bates was jetison out of Seattle as OC, and seeing the passing game wasn't a factor, should be here as well. Bush and Forte are good players, but they could use that speed element, but I don't see one in the draft.

I'm not big on the Lovie-2 and glad to see that gone. I don't know if Marinelli will still be around, but he does a nice job on the DL. LB were non-existent this year and was a need for replacement even before Urlacher's injury and hopeful retirement.

Both CBs went to the Probowl, but more for their turnovers than their cover ability. I think they need to get a big CB this year and there are a few available.

The Safeties have been ok, but nothing special last year.

1) Alec Ogletree*, ILB, Georgia - Still think Manti Te'o would be available as LB not known for pass rushing skills are not highly coveted. But if not, Ogletree wouldn't be a bad option either.

2) David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State - I know we sent 2 CBs to the Probowl. Jennings is a good complimentary CB. Tillman is getting up in years and struggles against speed. Has great size and speed and plays the position like a WR.

3) * - Traded

4) Jonathan Brown*, OLB, Illinois - speed and instincts while being an elite athlete

5) Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn - Not flashy, but can block and find open areas in the middle of the field.

6) James Wilson, G, Florida - Athletic OG

7) Andre Debose*, WR, Florida - Pure speed, with Knox out and Hester being Hester we need to add that element.