Bears 2013 Mock Draft Database / Draft Discussion

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Okay, here's my shot at a mock offseason / draft:

Cut--Hester, Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth, Edwin Williams, J Webb
Re-Sign--Idonije (move to 3-tech), Roach, A Allen, Kelvin Hayden, Okoye, Lance Louis, J Scott, J McCown
Let Melton and Urlacher walk.

Free Agency:
LG Andy Levitre: He's been a top-10 pass-protecting OG each of the past three years. He's not a mauling run blocker, but he pulls well and still sprung Spiller plenty of times.
LT Jermon Bushrod: Guys like Clady and Albert won't become available, and would have a hefty price tag by all counts. Bushrod has been good enough for Brees, and can be good enough for us.
QB Drew Stanton: Campbell was pricy poo. Stanton is mobile, young, and smart.
WR Domenik Hixon: Can PR/KR, is good enough on the outside to backup BMarsh. Price tag would be very mild.
TE Anthony Fasano: Is an elite blocking TE, and a decent pass-catcher, best in the redzone. Adds a reliable veteran presence at likely a very cheap price.
DT Glenn Dorsey: Was miscast in KC's 3-4. Give him a chance to earn playing time in the 4-3 and let him help out against the run.

Draft:
I'm going to move back to the ~30 and pick up an extra third, because I don't believe Warmack will be there or that Fisher is worth it.
1. MLB Kevin Minter Urlacher's replacement. Not nearly the same type of player in coverage, but we also likely won't be running the same scheme. He's a great run-stopper / gap-shooter. SEC experience.
2. OG/C Barrett Jones He may not be there in the second, but USC C Khaled Holmes would be a fine consolation. I would let him learn at Garza's right hand while Louis gets healthy and Garza finishes his contract out, then move him to C.
3. TE Travis Kelce He's going to be every bit as good as any of the TEs drafted in 2013. 6'5 and 260, the first guy never gets him down, and he's actually got some speed and quickness. Not to mention he's an imposing blocker. He and Fasano would be worlds better than Davis and Spaeth.
4. WR Chris Harper He's 6'1" 230 and is projected to run a sub 4.5, so he seems like the type of athlete Emery is looking for. He transferred from Oregon, and he seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle slightly.
5. CB Tyrann Mathieu New nickleback. I think Emery may regret not picking Alfonzo Dennard in the 7th after how good he looked this year for the Pats, and could be willing to go after a similarly talented-but-troubled corner in Mathieu.
6. DT Avery Jones He had a bad ankle injury in 2011 and got shuffled in and out of the starting lineup, but he's got the length and initial burst to be a big part of an interior rotation.
7. OLB Demetrius Hartsfield Averaged 12 tackles a game, has played inside in a 3-4 and WLB in a 4-3. Better up front than in coverage, needs more mental consistency.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Also, might I suggest that in the second post of the thread where user mocks are, that the thread page of the user's post be listed next to his/her mock. That way I don't have to search through the entire thread to find a specific user's mock. Might be helpful!

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Also, might I suggest that in the second post of the thread where user mocks are, that the thread page of the user's post be listed next to his/her mock. That way I don't have to search through the entire thread to find a specific user's mock. Might be helpful!

The in-depth offseasons are linked to the user's post, i think he just didn't take the time to link all of the the other mocks

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I want to know if the bears break the tradition of taking a S in the third(yes I know they don't currently have a third).

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Okay, here's my shot at a mock offseason / draft:

Cut--Hester, Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth, Edwin Williams, J Webb
Re-Sign--Idonije (move to 3-tech), Roach, A Allen, Kelvin Hayden, Okoye, Lance Louis, J Scott, J McCown
Let Melton and Urlacher walk.

Free Agency:
LG Andy Levitre: He's been a top-10 pass-protecting OG each of the past three years. He's not a mauling run blocker, but he pulls well and still sprung Spiller plenty of times.
LT Jermon Bushrod: Guys like Clady and Albert won't become available, and would have a hefty price tag by all counts. Bushrod has been good enough for Brees, and can be good enough for us.
QB Drew Stanton: Campbell was pricy poo. Stanton is mobile, young, and smart.
WR Domenik Hixon: Can PR/KR, is good enough on the outside to backup BMarsh. Price tag would be very mild.
TE Anthony Fasano: Is an elite blocking TE, and a decent pass-catcher, best in the redzone. Adds a reliable veteran presence at likely a very cheap price.
DT Glenn Dorsey: Was miscast in KC's 3-4. Give him a chance to earn playing time in the 4-3 and let him help out against the run.

Draft:
I'm going to move back to the ~30 and pick up an extra third, because I don't believe Warmack will be there or that Fisher is worth it.
1. MLB Kevin Minter Urlacher's replacement. Not nearly the same type of player in coverage, but we also likely won't be running the same scheme. He's a great run-stopper / gap-shooter. SEC experience.
2. OG/C Barrett Jones He may not be there in the second, but USC C Khaled Holmes would be a fine consolation. I would let him learn at Garza's right hand while Louis gets healthy and Garza finishes his contract out, then move him to C.
3. TE Travis Kelce He's going to be every bit as good as any of the TEs drafted in 2013. 6'5 and 260, the first guy never gets him down, and he's actually got some speed and quickness. Not to mention he's an imposing blocker. He and Fasano would be worlds better than Davis and Spaeth.
4. WR Chris Harper He's 6'1" 220 and is projected to run a sub 4.5, so he seems like the type of athlete Emery is looking for. He transferred from Oregon, and he seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle slightly.
5. CB Tyrann Mathieu New nickleback. I think Emery may regret not picking Alfonzo Dennard in the 7th after how good he looked this year for the Pats, and could be willing to go after a similarly talented-but-troubled corner in Mathieu.
6. DT Avery Jones He had a bad ankle injury in 2011 and got shuffled in and out of the starting lineup, but he's got the length and initial burst to be a big part of an interior rotation.
7. OLB Demetrius Hartsfield Averaged 12 tackles a game, has played inside in a 3-4 and WLB in a 4-3. Better up front than in coverage, needs more mental consistency.

added

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
The in-depth offseasons are linked to the user's post, i think he just didn't take the time to link all of the the other mocks

even better. was looking on my phone and didn't see the links.

X-factor: thanks for adding mine

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
after watching this game particulary and highlights througout the year, I know I want Warmack in round 1 if he's there. that guy is a beast.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
after watching this game particulary and highlights througout the year, I know I want Warmack in round 1 if he's there. that guy is a beast.

Couldn't agree more but the absolute latest he'll go is to Dallas at 17/18 whatever they're at. We'd have to trade up

GSH1919

Liked Posts:

He'd single handily help change our line and bring a much needed boost of toughness and talent to the POS group we've referred to as an offensive line over the last 4 years. Sincerely doubt he's a Bear but its a nice thought.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Walterfootball updated, and added a 4th round, but kept the first 2 picks the same (1/9)
1st round ogletree
2nd round Fluker
4th Round: 114th pick: Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati

Draft Tek Update 1/8:
1st round: 20th pick: Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
2nd round: 50th pick: Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
4th round still jonathon franklin
5th round: 146th pick: Justin Gilbert - CB - Oklahoma St
(i know you usually don't include the 5th rounders, but I put 'em anyway)

Reactions: X

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
as long as we draft tyrann mathieu in the fourth round i will be happy... he is a top 10 talent with a 5th round grade or something like that... once he is in football shape he will be a super stud... he can tackle... play special teams like a beast... returning and gunning... and he is a great option for nickel... or even a replacement safety...

1st round... Taylor Lewan if he slips somehow... i know how high he is projected... but he performed above average in a gimmicky option offense for 2 years... so although he has all the tools and athleticism to play the position... alot of the DEs we suckered into playing contain because of denard robinsons ability to get outside the pocket and make big plays running the ball... so he really is a giant question mark when it comes to pass blocking...

1st round pick alternative... Eifert... he has a tremendous lack of talent surrounding him at Notre dame on offense... other than maybe the 2 running backs... he had a freshman mobile qb who had poor timing and bad understanding of the offense... along with no recievers that would allow him to get open underneath coverage...

I hate notre dame... but I cant deny the fact that Eifert would be a pro bowl calibur player in the near future... olson was wrongly compared to jeremy shockey all those years ago... Tyler Eifert is much more similar in every way...

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
as long as we draft tyrann mathieu in the fourth round i will be happy... he is a top 10 talent with a 5th round grade or something like that... once he is in football shape he will be a super stud... he can tackle... play special teams like a beast... returning and gunning... and he is a great option for nickel... or even a replacement safety...

1st round... Taylor Lewan if he slips somehow... i know how high he is projected... but he performed above average in a gimmicky option offense for 2 years... so although he has all the tools and athleticism to play the position... alot of the DEs we suckered into playing contain because of denard robinsons ability to get outside the pocket and make big plays running the ball... so he really is a giant question mark when it comes to pass blocking...

1st round pick alternative... Eifert... he has a tremendous lack of talent surrounding him at Notre dame on offense... other than maybe the 2 running backs... he had a freshman mobile qb who had poor timing and bad understanding of the offense... along with no recievers that would allow him to get open underneath coverage...

I hate notre dame... but I cant deny the fact that Eifert would be a pro bowl calibur player in the near future... olson was wrongly compared to jeremy shockey all those years ago... Tyler Eifert is much more similar in every way...

No way he's top 10 talent, but he'd be a nice gamble late, I agree.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
strictly on talent alone he can do everything... he might not be a good match for his size... but he has always made up for that with his athleticism speed and physical style of play...

He is a great return guy... and was a big time play maker... heisman candidate as a defensive junior...

The fact that he messed up his life a little should alter the fact that he has such high potential... after all... we are drafting players based on there potential... correct? its all speculation...

Alot of people speculated that he was a top 20 pick if he came out a year ago... and even though he possibly fell off of teams draft boards because of a drug problem... the potential still remains...

He might have been the top defensive player picked this year if he didnt fuck up so badly... it cost him his whole senior year... possibly a heisman... and a top 10 selection in the draft...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all the top prospects in this video

[video=youtube;gODZzSOelss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss&sns=em[/video]

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:

Lewan is staying in school, unless Lane Johnson falls or you guys want him at 20 I'm beginning to think there wont be an OT worth grabbing at 20. Joeckel and Fisher will both be gone by 20