Bears Request Interview with Bruce Arians

dondraper

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Bears are 1st team to put in an interview request for #Colts OC Bruce Arians, I'm told. Won't be the last. #Chargers among those interested

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
That makes 7 candidates I do believe. Hopefully both Brian Kelly and Chip Kelly get an interview as well.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
i like this. look into premiere soccer league teams as well. interview them all. find us a winner

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I like Carmichael for his offensive accomplishments (but I've never met the guy personally, obviously). I do get the feeling that Emery is doing his due diligence, and I honestly have faith in whomever he chooses.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good choice, I was hoping we would have hired him after the 09 season but the 3 stooges decided to stay

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Does Emery sleep. He has asked to interview everyone

Not just everyone, but the "right" everyone.

He's hitting the guys it would make the most sense to hit and talk to. Its going to be very interesting, and he's hitting it all in breakneck fashion.

Really got a feeling unless he bombs now its going to be McCoy, but just because McCoy may be our #1 doesn't mean we'd be his, so I like that he's hitting up a wide group of coaches so he will have a very solid plan B in place if plan A falls through - he's going to have a VERY detailed idea of the offensive landscape.

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
I dont know what it is it's still VERY early in his tenure with the Bears but something about Emery gives me a vote confidence with decision making. He seems like a go-getter, a non sense guy who seems to actually have a clue. Such a treat from the Angelo days....

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't personally see what Emery's doing that is so unique among GMs. Every other team with a head coaching vacancy is doing the same thing. Still too early to crown Emery's ass IMO

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm certainly not ready to crown Emery, but he's interviewing the right people. If he was out interviewing Romeo Crennel or Scott Linehan, I'd be worried.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Gruden will coach this year and the Bears are the most talented team without a head coach. I like our odds.