The most perfect Giancarlo/trade post ever.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The White Sox bit is pretty funny, but it highlights the point that all fans overvalue their own players.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I loved the White Sox part. Very honest.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahaha the White Sox one was indeed hilarious. Farm system is the best in baseball guys!

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, the WS would acquire more players. Hmmm

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would never ever ever give up on an arm like chris sale for stanton.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

This ring any bells:

Originally Posted by TheChicagoFan

Greinke would be great. Probably the best out of all the available pitchers. Not sure how the Sox would get him or what they would have to give up though.

Originally Posted by DewsSox79

nate jones, mitchell, santiago....he will be a FA though

Originally Posted by TheChicagoFan

I wouldn't want to give up those guys for a pitcher who will be a FA. That's basically the future of our bullpen for a starting pitcher for the rest of the season. Not really a good trade for the future of the organization.

Originally Posted by DewsSox79

i agree.

That is right. This past summer you guys agreed that two relievers and a toolsy prospect that a nice rebound season in 2012 to reemerge as a viable prospect was too much to give up for the best starting pitcher to get moved at the deadline. What did Greinke get moved for? Jean Segura who was the number 57 prospect in baseball in 2011 and 55 in 2012 according to Baseball America and two other prospects, but two relievers and a guy that checks in number 9 in what is agreed upon by most experts as a bottom 3 system in baseball would be too much.

That took about 60 seconds of digging to find. I am sure there is more.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This ring any bells:

That is right. This past summer you guys agreed that two relievers and a toolsy prospect that a nice rebound season in 2012 to reemerge as a viable prospect was too much to give up for the best starting pitcher to get moved at the deadline. What did Greinke get moved for? Jean Segura who was the number 57 prospect in baseball in 2011 and 55 in 2012 according to Baseball America and two other prospects, but two relievers and a guy that checks in number 9 in what is agreed upon by most experts as a bottom 3 system in baseball would be too much.

That took about 60 seconds of digging to find. I am sure there is more.

wow you are an idiot.

At that time:

Free Agent to be
Overrated as fuck
has head issues

My opinion on a player. why would I want to give up anything for someone that is a hype?

in your post you seem like an angry, bitter old man that is pissed off that his team hasnt won a WS since 1908 and is on course to be a shoe in to contend in 2014 or whatever year you state with such for sure prospects as vitters,soler,jackson oh and that guy shark who is now almost an untouchable by most of the cubs fans....with the amazing SP that theo built with edwin jackson and company.

Now out of the million fucking useless posts from you, can you please waste more of your time and dig up every post where you bashed the cubs for something PLAYER PERSONNEL related? i mean there has to be atleast 10 where you actually bashed your team right? please tell me there is some withing the tons and tons of kool aid drinking posts. so if you have time please check and post them as I am too tired to do so.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow you are an idiot.

At that time:

Free Agent to be
Overrated as fuck
has head issues

My opinion on a player. why would I want to give up anything for someone that is a hype?

in your post you seem like an angry, bitter old man that is pissed off that his team hasnt won a WS since 1908 and is on course to be a shoe in to contend in 2014 or whatever year you state with such for sure prospects as vitters,soler,jackson oh and that guy shark who is now almost an untouchable by most of the cubs fans....with the amazing SP that theo built with edwin jackson and company.

Now out of the million fucking useless posts from you, can you please waste more of your time and dig up every post where you bashed the cubs for something PLAYER PERSONNEL related? i mean there has to be atleast 10 where you actually bashed your team right? please tell me there is some withing the tons and tons of kool aid drinking posts. so if you have time please check and post them as I am too tired to do so.

If the bolded had anything to do with the topic that you :rolleyes: at I would be more than happy to waste yet another post on, but as usual this is a diversion from the actual point which is all fanbases are prone to overrate their own players.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the bolded had anything to do with the topic that you :rolleyes: at I would be more than happy to waste yet another post on, but as usual this is a diversion from the actual point which is all fanbases are prone to overrate their own players.

ummmmm it has nothing to do with my players it has to do with how I value greinke, thats the whole point.

Why would I give up young arms whether or not they are relievers for right now, cheerleaders or transexuals..for a guy who is a head case, isnt a TRUE ace, and who is 29 years old (which wasnt going to resign with the...lets say sox for topic purposes due to the contract) in other words a rental. makes zero sense. the angels got fleeced...end of story. oh and the dodgers got DPd.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
ummmmm it has nothing to do with my players it has to do with how I value greinke, thats the whole point.

Why would I give up young arms whether or not they are relievers for right now, cheerleaders or transexuals..for a guy who is a head case, isnt a TRUE ace, and who is 29 years old (which wasnt going to resign with the...lets say sox for topic purposes due to the contract) in other words a rental. makes zero sense. the angels got fleeced...end of story. oh and the dodgers got DPd.

Whatever dude, you wanted to :rolleyes: at the post, but seriously we have facts here. Greinke got dealt for a top 100 prospect and two other players. Sox fans on this board didn't want to trade the number 9 prospect in one of the weakest systems in baseball and two relievers for the best pitcher on the market at the time, but yeah :rolleyes: at me for saying all fans overrate their own players because you guyz are so much smarter than us Cubz fanz.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever dude, you wanted to :rolleyes: at the post, but seriously we have facts here. Greinke got dealt for a top 100 prospect and two other players. Sox fans on this board didn't want to trade the number 9 prospect in one of the weakest systems in baseball and two relievers for the best pitcher on the market at the time, but yeah :rolleyes: at me for saying all fans overrate their own players because you guyz are so much smarter than us Cubz fanz.

helllo mcfly!!!! anyone home?!

Again for the challenged: I dont care who or what position player/pitcher that would have been mentioned or could have been dealt and so on and so on for that type of player. Its not OVERRATING SPECS!!!!!! IT IS NOT WANTING A.... FA TO BE, 29 YEARS OLD, HYPED, HEAD CASE OF A PITCHER! What dont you fucking get?????!!!!!!! This isnt rocket science.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
helllo mcfly!!!! anyone home?!

Again for the challenged: I dont care who or what position player/pitcher that would have been mentioned or could have been dealt and so on and so on for that type of player. Its not OVERRATING SPECS!!!!!! IT IS NOT WANTING A.... FA TO BE, 29 YEARS OLD, HYPED, HEAD CASE OF A PITCHER! What dont you fucking get?????!!!!!!! This isnt rocket science.
I want you to acknowledge the fact that in the context of this post that the rest of baseball would have laughed at you guys, but you are so much smarter that I guess you shouldn't care.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
on a side note:

your farm is better than ours but it really isnt that good. I mean I wouldnt be fist pumping with the situation over the cubs farm. just sayin.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
on a side note:

your farm is better than ours but it really isnt that good. I mean I wouldnt be fist pumping with the situation over the cubs farm. just sayin.

And that has what to do with the OP?