For those wondering why Toub wasnt interviewed for the HC job...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like Toub but I figure this is just due diligence/part of a wide net. I figure he might be up for a promotion to D (or O) coordinator somewhere in the next few years

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Seriously, by this point there should be an Onion article about Emery flying out to Rome to interview the Pope for the HC job...

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
I seriously think Emery already knows who the finalists are, but is killing time by giving token interviews and gathering info and at least one of the finalists are still in the playoffs.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I seriously think Emery already knows who the finalists are, but is killing time by giving token interviews and gathering info and at least one of the finalists are still in the playoffs.

This, I'm sure he already has a strong idea of who he wants to bring back for the interview but wants to cover all his bases and if one of his final candidates doesn't satisfy the rooney rule he knocks that out in his process. Also he may not be the be all end all on who the OC or DC is but this may also be his way of saying to the new HC, "when coach A came in here to interview he shared a lot of the same offensive philosophies as you...he may be a good candidate for OC and you should give him a talking to"

Stalin828

Liked Posts:
There are still people in the playoffs he wants to interview. Why do nothing while waiting for the BYE week when he can spend that time interviewing more candidates.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's like he can't pass the time if he doesn't have an interview. The guy is doing it out of boredom now. LOL.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Honestly, God bless Emery for making this coaching search damn entertaining.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery is smart..He is stockpiling the info he gets in these interviews for future hires as asst's or coordinators

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would assume that any actual assistant or coordinator interview would include the head coach...you know, the guy the assistant or coordinator directly reports to?

[/I]

Not necessarily true...When a HC is hired he may want to interview certain candidates for Coordinators or assts. Emery can give him all the info he has to make the new HC's job easier. He could weed out potential losers/winners immediately, and pick from the ones that Emerys interviews show worthy to him

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a terrible way to do business. If I were a HC, I would want to make my own assessment of the interview, not be told by Emery "this guy flopped in the interview" when 1) I wasn't involved in the interview, and 2) the interview was for a different job.

"We know you want to interview Mike for the Financial Controller job, but awhile back Paul interviewed Mike for the CFO job, and Paul didn't like Mike...so you shouldn't like Mike, either."
If he wants to make his own asessment, that would be his choice but at least he has some material to look at before interviewing said person...It cant hurt to have all that info Emery is compiling and youre assuming they would deny him a chance to interview someone based on emery's info?..Thats a lot of speculation on your part

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
HC..." I want to interview Joe Smith for OC"...Emery.." Heres the file I have on him, it may help you in your interview"

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Honestly, God bless Emery for making this coaching search damn entertaining.

Well, I hope he ends it soon so we can stop complaining about how long it's taking and start complaining about who he hired.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel a lot better with Toub than the other 2 special team coaches...Wouldn't be surprised if he was a finalist..

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Emery is smart..He is stockpiling the info he gets in these interviews for future hires as asst's or coordinators

Smart eh?, have you seen the state of his former employer...Chiefs are a mess.

Stalin828

Liked Posts:
Smart eh?, have you seen the state of his former employer...Chiefs are a mess.

Yeah because Scott Pioli was really Emery wearing a costume so clearly the Chiefs management failures are on Emery.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's got an excuse to get a lot of info and make connections with a lot of good people. He doesn't mind the work and those interviewing don't mind either. Why the angst. Get the guy you want and talk to a bunch in between. He was a scouting director before this and a better overview wont hurt.