What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

AussieBear

Yeah see I try to play it where I don't exploit stuff that makes it impossible for the zombies to threaten you.

But they do need to improve the horde nights so they are less buggy.... weird when they end prematurely.... then you wait around for 2 hours.... then the rando wandering horde or something shows up after 6am when the blood moon is gone.

i found the exploits through play. i didnt do them on purpose. buttz after discovering them, i cant ignore they exist. technically, out running the horde on a bike isnt an exploit imo.. its a strategy and a smart one in a sense... minimal wasted resources.. no one says you have to fight...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I ended up playing through roughly 5 hours of Vampyr. It isn’t terrible, but it’s underwhelming. The graphics are kind of ass. I’m playing it on a One X and I think this is something that could be run on a 360/ps3. I’ve also noticed several times where they fucked up the subtitles. Each case was nothing major, just a single word. It just isn’t professional and shows a lack of attention to detail in some areas.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been playing that Civil War game again... trying to play a genuine hard campaign.

Idk why but in some RTS games I get very perfectionist instead of treating war like war.... you lose assets and need to continually be building more.

Instead I sometimes play a game where I want to win every battle making all the right decisions.

I AM NEVER WRONG :hitler:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Been playing that Civil War game again... trying to play a genuine hard campaign.

Idk why but in some RTS games I get very perfectionist instead of treating war like war.... you lose assets and need to continually be building more.

Instead I sometimes play a game where I want to win every battle making all the right decisions.

I AM NEVER WRONG :hitler:
What game is this?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I have been playing Lords of the Realm II for the last two days.... Talk about a throwback.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I ended up playing through roughly 5 hours of Vampyr. It isn’t terrible, but it’s underwhelming. The graphics are kind of ass. I’m playing it on a One X and I think this is something that could be run on a 360/ps3. I’ve also noticed several times where they fucked up the subtitles. Each case was nothing major, just a single word. It just isn’t professional and shows a lack of attention to detail in some areas.
I find this very disappointing. The game looked promising. There's no reason for shitty graphics in this era of gaming.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm getting deep into Uncharted 4 right now. I am late as shit to the party cause I played through the first 3 Uncharted games over the last year or so.

But holy fuck, this game is amazing. Just an incredible achievement.

Playing God of War and then Uncharted 4 back to back is getting me all pissed off at the rest of the gaming industry. When you see what is possible, it is hard to not get jaded and bitter about the studios that pump out the same re-skinned, unfinished and uninspired shit year after year.

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
I'm getting deep into Uncharted 4 right now. I am late as shit to the party cause I played through the first 3 Uncharted games over the last year or so.

But holy fuck, this game is amazing. Just an incredible achievement.

Playing God of War and then Uncharted 4 back to back is getting me all pissed off at the rest of the gaming industry. When you see what is possible, it is hard to not get jaded and bitter about the studios that pump out the same re-skinned, unfinished and uninspired shit year after year.
I’ve had uncharted 4 sitting on a shelf I played for a few months now. I’m going to have to give it a try one of these weekends. I did play uncharted 3 a few years ago. If you have played 3 before how would you compare the two?

AussieBear

Steam Summer Sale just started, but here's a freebie from Humble Bundle that you can redeem on Steam. Shadowrun Returns Deluxe Edition, free for about the next 48 hours:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadowrun-returns-deluxe

thanks for the reminder. aint much i want to play though.. i waste time grinding through titan quest. i am on the final act of legendary though. so me self tourture is almost over.. i had wanted to check out grim dawn but after going through this game ova and ova.. i think i may need a no game break fer awhile.. unless you got any recommendations for some non thinking mind numbing fast paced action..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
been playing vampyr. There's some great ideas there and its a decent game, but I think there are the makings for a great game underneath it all but they just didnt execute it well enough. its a passable game built around some great ideas on paper.

im enjoying it though. the writing is very good and each character has their own unique personality. and they do a very good job of painting even the shittiest seeming people in a grey light. it also has some solid mood/atmosphere. i just wish the gameplay came together better, that it felt more like a cohesive whole. its hard to explain but something just seems to be missing.

as for the graphics, they arent the greatest but they arent terrible, but that might be do to playing it on pc maxed out.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
thanks for the reminder. aint much i want to play though.. i waste time grinding through titan quest. i am on the final act of legendary though. so me self tourture is almost over.. i had wanted to check out grim dawn but after going through this game ova and ova.. i think i may need a no game break fer awhile.. unless you got any recommendations for some non thinking mind numbing fast paced action..

You want mind numbing fast paced action? Nex Machina on sale for $6 is a steal. The guy who created the old school game Robotron helped create this game as well: https://store.steampowered.com/app/404540/Nex_Machina/

In the same vein, Assault Android Cactus, also on sale for $6: https://store.steampowered.com/app/250110/

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
thanks.. may check out nex mechina

I highly recommend both of those games... you'll need a controller, though.

And if you don't like it, you can get a refund as long as you play under 2 hours and return it within 2 weeks. It's no hassle, and I've done it multiple times.

AussieBear

titan quest legendary be ova. not worth playing da game through dat many times.. tried to play some crazy taxi.. cant believe i played that a lot back on da dreamcast.. think me gaming is done unless i pick up civ 6 finally.. may just take a break from da gaming until madden pc be comes out..

AussieBear

Quake Champions is free on Steam. The only catch is that you have to download it by June 25, and you have to install it and play one match. Also, it's an early access game, so there may be bugs.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/611500/Quake_Champions/

guud heads up. took all day to dl on me shitty isp, but it was the mindless fast pace shit i was looking for.. i havent played quake since quake III way back when.. idk how much time ill put into it, but i enjoyed the handful of matches i played..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Thanks fatbeard. Just got cuphead. Now if I can just finish getting parts for my new PC.