What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You peoples, I suggest Path of Exile on PC. Its pretty fuckin cool. And free. Like actually really free. No pay to win

AussieBear

Anyone playing Metal Gear on PC? I can't trust these PC ports anymore, so hopefully it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wish i got it for the PC - better graphics. when i build a new rig, ill be buying it again. I got it for the PS3 because im not buying the new consoles for another year or two, when their game libraries justify the purchase.

Botfly had a concern that i can verify it to be a valid concern.. ive been sidetracked with side missions and looking for soldiers with skill for motherbase rather than just following the story line and its become slow in a sense. The prologue wasnt open world and great.

Regardless, the game is worth the price of admission if you like stealth games. I should probably progress with the story line to see whats really up.

sometimes i think im playing red dead redemption gear with mo betta killing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
i wish i got it for the PC - better graphics. when i build a new rig, ill be buying it again. I got it for the PS3 because im not buying the new consoles for another year or two, when their game libraries justify the purchase.

Trust me, the PS4 game library already justifies the purchase. Can't speak for Xbox.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem with PS3 now is that games are getting developed for PS4 directly now. So when they show up on PS3, its a port. And when they port a game designed for much stronger hardware to much weaker hardware weird things can happen to the experience.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
If anyone is interested in playing a very high quality game, go grab Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut. It's on sale on Steam for $3.99. Really cool cyberpunk, stealth game. It was released a few years ago, but the Directors Cut has upgraded graphics and game play, and includes the DLC. The game was pretty much universally liked, and I sunk a bunch of hours into it. It's a bargain at this price.

[video=youtube;aaQ1NvM6opo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQ1NvM6opo[/video]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone try Stasis? I heard it was cool.

Wot I Think: STASIS

stasis1.jpg

Perhaps the main reason adventure games and I broke up is that I found them too arbitrary to take seriously. The puzzles were so often at odds with the setting or theme, necessitating a suspension of disbelief (either that there really only are three usable objects in this room, or that the protagonist is simply too stupid to try anything else) that I was increasingly unwilling to provide in order to commune with some designer’s lateral thinking, or some writer’s gags. Even Grim Fandango, the last adventure game I loved, was guilty of this: that wonderful sense of journey regularly disrupted by an inherent illogic. I don’t enjoy puzzling for puzzling’s sake – but when it’s a puzzle which propels a game’s events onwards, that’s a different matter entirely. STASIS is all about momentum rather than stop-start headscratching. The majority of its puzzles act as natural stepping stones along its journey into body-horror darkness, not obstacles. It flows.

And that’s not the only reason it’s a triumph. STASIS punches so far above its weight that I almost can’t believe it exists. It’s also absolutely, unashamedly horrific.

Cont:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/01/stasis-review-pc/

[video=youtube;ACFynCVApZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACFynCVApZ8[/video]

AussieBear

Trust me, the PS4 game library already justifies the purchase. Can't speak for Xbox.

well its not for me at this point in time.

what are the best three games on ps4? gtaV, last of us and now MGPP? well, i have all three for ps3.

Many other games they have or will release in the future will be on PC as well. Theres one game for the PS4 i wont be able to get on PC by the looks of it that i'd really want.. Bloodeborne, but one cant wait and hope (it will come eventually - watch). FF7 remake will eventually be ported to PC. So, for me the only other game that I'd really want to play in the near future is uncharted 4 and im not buying a ps4 just for that game, but once there is a handful in a couple of years i'll rethink my position.

i feel the same way about xbox one too.. im just not buying it for halo 5. i think Halo 5 may actually come to PC and if it does, idk about xboxone, i guess ill have to wait and see where their library goes.. while i have all the gears of war for x360, its not a must have for me like halo 5 would be.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so nobody played witcher 3? :( I hadn't played any of the previous ones, and despite some major glitchiness, this one was fun. Not skyrim-level, but fun.

AussieBear

so nobody played witcher 3? :( I hadn't played any of the previous ones, and despite some major glitchiness, this one was fun. Not skyrim-level, but fun.

i'll get there eventually. i have the first two, but i havent even played the second one yet. i gotz a pile of PC games i need to catch up with. BUT idk when i will. while i'll do still play games daily, i just dont put in sessions like i use to.

Ive had phantom pain for a few days now and i keep putting it down to watch C# tutorials. Fathers day is in sept in australia and the wife bought me a book on programming c# on unity that i'll get sunday. so thats where my mind is.. learning to make games

AussieBear

Good for you. Coding is fun

idk about fun, but its a means to an end. its going to be ass long road to get where i want to go for sure. ive gotz several lame arse game designs in my head, but i just lack the skills to bring them to life. i just came up with another lame game last night

The lame game and its lame arse title is called NO MICROTRASATIONS. its a side scroller that puts you up against dem thar evil game companies such as cack cum (capcom) electronia farts (ea) etc etc. I may eventually contact angryjoe so i can use corporate commander as a boss too. anyone gotz a name for konami?

it may be fun to fight a boss whos shield is a paywall... or who sacrifices programmers as he hurls them at you.. idk..

its just a platform for me to have a voice is all..

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
have you coded before? I'm not kidding. once you get over the hump, you'll be obsessed. I don't code for games so maybe that's too broad a statement, but you might be surprised.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
also, I should distinguish between coding and programming. I don't know shit about bona fide programming.

AussieBear

have you coded before? I'm not kidding. once you get over the hump, you'll be obsessed. I don't code for games so maybe that's too broad a statement, but you might be surprised.

i had a class years ago where we made simple programs with java. they worked, but at that age i never wondered why they worked and i didnt really apply myself to learning the whys. if you want to included html, i use to write some html for my bro in the late 90s, but to be honest the passion was never there during either of those times because it was stuff i couldnt care less about. hopefully it'll be different this time, because i actually want to learn now.. and i have a passion for games

AussieBear

what do you code for.. what language?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What Are You Playing Right Now?

what do you code for.. what language?

Just web shit but I have found a 'second wind' in terms of interest in it not just because it contributes to my income lol.

I think the languages i have been learning are on their way out anyway (ares, step in at any time): javascript (java light), ruby, python, node, php, very light mysql

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
just saying you might be more interested in it a second time around than you were at an earlier time in your life, take it or leave it

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Still need to buy it. Quite a few games I plan on playing, but I have a back log that's pretty large.

AussieBear

just saying you might be more interested in it a second time around than you were at an earlier time in your life, take it or leave it

yeah i hope you are correct. then maybe i can make a game where earl bennett is still relevant. just some drivel about rocket arm QBs from the nfl turned rouge assassins... starring the sex cannon, smokin jay and juffery gorge.

when masturbation's lost its fun its time to learn how to program i suppose. seriously though.. thanks for your optimism.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Witcher 3 was great. I just got carried away with all the extra shit to do the story actualy lost some flavor for me.

I will be starting MGS 5 tonight.

If you guys have a PS4 and PS3 and are looking for real good FPS. Try out Metro Last light and Metro 2033. 2 of the best single player FPS's. Thjey are also available for PC.