What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

AussieBear

I can't possibly be the only one here going nuts waiting for MGSV, am I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah, im with you. less than 24 hours til i get my copy. im not sure if it will be available for digital download at midnight here in oz, which is ten hours away - it should be though. I got a digital copy of ground zeroes the second it was available for download, but i want an actual hardcopy of phantom pain and i will wait until EB opens at 9 am tomorrow morning. 19 hours and counting

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about MGSV. The game looks like it might be too big and sprawling for me... idk, looks like there is so much secondary shit in that game. I hope it does not fall into the trap of feature creep and diluted gameplay.

AussieBear

I don't know about MGSV. The game looks like it might be too big and sprawling for me... idk, looks like there is so much secondary shit in that game. I hope it does not fall into the trap of feature creep and diluted gameplay.

as much as ground zeroes pissed me off, the actual gameplay was solid, minus stuff i could nitpick if i really wanted to. ive played all the metals gears kojima designed, so being this is his last one, imma play it regardless of how good it is or isnt. im not a full-fledged fan boi of kojima, but ive been playing the metal gear series since the 80s and ive enjoyed everyone he's designed for the most part - even that bogus tech demo called ground zeroes

guess ill find out how good it is in 10 hours

AussieBear

the pain is out.. maybe i should go get it now.. im hyped just not wait at the store until they open dem gates hyped..

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Man you're lucky you can get it right now, I have to work an eleven hour shift tomorrow so I'll prob start playing around 6:30 Chicago time.

I guess I'm a Kojima fanboy, Big Boss is prob my favorite character, MGS3 being probably my favorite game but it's close between that and a ton of others.

As far as this being his last Metal Gear game, I dunno, I wouldn't put anything past Kojima, he fucks with his fans all the time. There was a point in time when I thought Konami and Kojima were doing this to turn around and yell "Got Ya!" to the gaming industry. Then Silent Hills got cancelled and reports that Konami is ran like a prison shortly after. But who knows, maybe he can get the rights to Metal Gear. Doubtful but I would love remakes for the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear II for Nintendo.

Let me know your initial impressions.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

I look at it like this, there is apparently a ton of optional content. They say the game is anywhere from 35 to 100 hours long. That gives people the chance to make of it what they want. I doubt I'll do every single thing but hey, better to have all of the side ops there if you want them than not there at all.

It also seems like it's structured like Peacewalker, it was nice having the option to do side stuff and then advance story at your own pace.

AussieBear

Man you're lucky you can get it right now, I have to work an eleven hour shift tomorrow so I'll prob start playing around 6:30 Chicago time.

I guess I'm a Kojima fanboy, Big Boss is prob my favorite character, MGS3 being probably my favorite game but it's close between that and a ton of others.

As far as this being his last Metal Gear game, I dunno, I wouldn't put anything past Kojima, he fucks with his fans all the time. There was a point in time when I thought Konami and Kojima were doing this to turn around and yell "Got Ya!" to the gaming industry. Then Silent Hills got cancelled and reports that Konami is ran like a prison shortly after. But who knows, maybe he can get the rights to Metal Gear. Doubtful but I would love remakes for the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear II for Nintendo.

Let me know your initial impressions.

i just finished the prologue.. the awakening. bloody as.. i wont throw out any spoilers.. i tried to stay away from most of the intel so i would be as blind as i could be going in. that mission was about an hour long and pretty good considering the minimal gameplay. now off to Afghanistan where the real game starts eh..

edit:

i have to agree with your fav, its mine to.. that battle with the end was one of greatest boss battles ever

as far as konomi.. basically everyone has jumped ship... its already confirmed they'll make more metal gears without kojima and i dont see him ever coming back unless komani wants to bend over. if the series starts to flop, i can see them deepthroating the man, but i doubt it.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
i just finished the prologue.. the awakening. bloody as.. i wont throw out any spoilers.. i tried to stay away from most of the intel so i would be as blind as i could be going in. that mission was about an hour long and pretty good considering the minimal gameplay. now off to Afghanistan where the real game starts eh..

Damn, jealous as hell over here. Enjoy.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I won't be buying any Metal Gear without Kojima, it will be a joke.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I played Mad Max for a few hours. Not bad.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
ill let you know how the game goes, but if the prologue is any indication on how the rest of the game will be... we wont be disappointed.

Oh I know. Not worried about being disappointed.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I hear Mad Max is really good, it just came out on the wrooooooong day.

Yeah, so far so good. It's out tomorrow. But their linux download servers are up today for whatever reason.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, so far so good. It's out tomorrow. But their linux download servers are up today for whatever reason.

I'm looking to get that on the cheap a few months down the road.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh yeah, definitely wait. I got a code from a friend, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PS4 is finally here...will be playing the Last of Us very soon with Destiny coming down the pipeline in a couple weeks. Fun times ahead.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Anyone playing Metal Gear on PC? I can't trust these PC ports anymore, so hopefully it works.