What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i loved the original dooms as a kid. used to play them over dial up with a kid next door. i was really hyped for doom 3, for the campaign, didnt really touch mp, and i really dug it. i dont get why it gets some hate.

honestly, this new reboot isnt looking too great imo.

anyway, since i finally have a pc capable of running emulators decently, ive started shin megami tensei nocturne. playing it at 4k with super resolution. well see how long i stick with it until the urge to push my new pc with something more recent wins out. skyrim is real cheap and im kind of interested in giving that a go with mods, but having never dealt with modding it seems like it can be a pain in the ass. plus, bethesda... in theory their games sound great. in practice its usually a lot of aimless wondering around vast soulless worlds. but idk.

If you get into modding, just make sure to use the nexus mod manager whenever you can.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
If you get into modding, just make sure to use the nexus mod manager whenever you can.

just started downloading skyrim actually. im still not sure how to go about modding it exactly, but... well see. im not really interested in constantly adding and subtracting mods. i just want to install a few upfront that improve the experience, like the map and UI mods, and then some graphics mods, before simply getting into the game.

its the graphics mods that get really confusing because theres the 2k texture pack, but then the tree texture packs, and the armor texture packs, and the dungeon texture packs, grass and tree mods, character mods, so and and so on and its hard to figure out what i need to install to simply make everything in the game look better. or even how exactly to go about installing them, since people say you need a script extension for some mods and then a program to load them in the correct order, etc.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nexus mod manager handles almost all the mods. On nexus, there is a link for each mod to download and install through the manager. Then you can install or disable the mods from within the manager.

Just make sure to read the descriptions because sometimes there are different mod files with different options. Its not that much to figure out. Most of the mods have pretty good directions, especially if you stick to the real popular ones.

With the texture packs, most of them are going to be mutually exclusive. You kinda want to pick one or pick a "family" of them. To get started, I would google best skyrim mods and take a look at the lists that come up.

Also, lookout for enb mods. They can be a pain in the ass and resource hogs.

Last edited:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Nexus mod manager handles almost all the mods. On nexus, there is a link for each mod to download and install through the manager. Then you can install or disable the mods from within the manager.

Just make sure to read the descriptions because sometimes there are different mod files with different options. Its not that much to figure out. Most of the mods have pretty good directions, especially if you stick to the real popular ones.

With the texture packs, most of them are going to be mutually exclusive. You kinda want to pick one or pick a "family" of them. To get started, I would google best skyrim mods and take a look at the lists that come up.

Also, lookout for enb mods. They can be a pain in the ass and resource hogs.

well, i installed skyrim and then followed a guide that had me install a bunch of stuff like loot, and script extender, and im not really sure what they all do. i then installed some mods and the game loads and runs, though even at 60 frames per second it seems jerky at times. also, skyui isnt loading. at first i got an error telling me it wasnt running so i googled the issue and found that running the skyrim script extender as administrator will fix it, and it did, but in game its still the old ui. i think i might just uninstall everything and give it another go.

edit: figiured out why skyui wasnt working, i was launching the game from its exe rather than from the script extender. but the jittering will still be annoying. it seems to happen when close to a wall or in tight places. its weird because the fps is still 60.

edit2: started getting an error when trying to load saves stating that files were no longer present and then itd list pretty much everything, so im starting over.

AussieBear

well, i installed skyrim and then followed a guide that had me install a bunch of stuff like loot, and script extender, and im not really sure what they all do. i then installed some mods and the game loads and runs, though even at 60 frames per second it seems jerky at times. also, skyui isnt loading. at first i got an error telling me it wasnt running so i googled the issue and found that running the skyrim script extender as administrator will fix it, and it did, but in game its still the old ui. i think i might just uninstall everything and give it another go.

edit: figiured out why skyui wasnt working, i was launching the game from its exe rather than from the script extender. but the jittering will still be annoying. it seems to happen when close to a wall or in tight places. its weird because the fps is still 60.

edit2: started getting an error when trying to load saves stating that files were no longer present and then itd list pretty much everything, so im starting over.

never got into the mods but i enjoyed the game... hmm but i forget how it ended... something about being on top of a mountain.dragon.. portal somewhere blah... idk.. im getting old.. brain is suffering from my earlier years...

any cool mods? could go back and play it a second time since its been awhile now. fuck i never finished oblivion... so theres that too

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Be careful installing a bunch of mods at once. Generally, its a good strategy to do one or two at a time so if there are problems, its easier to pinpoint.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
im mostly just interested in making the game look better as far as mods go. plus a few that makes things a little more convenient like the skyui and map mod.

the realvision enb has a list of all the mods and the order they should be installed to pretty much overhaul the entire game. i think im going to give that a try, while trying the game out ever so often as i install the mods to make sure it still runs correctly.

AussieBear

FF9 is on steam.

i loved that game.. though i still remember being disappointed how easy the end game boss was.... perhaps my guys were OP, but the hardest battle was a optional side boss... theory was you needed to obtain something to make side boss easier to beat.... not true.. but perhaps my guys were op as i stated.. i spents days on an island leveling everyone against these lighting spitting dragons.... taught all my peeps reflect.. so when said dragon attacked with lighting... it attacked itself... too ez.. hmm thanks for the info though.. may check it out.. havent played it since it first came out

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
random encounters tend to kill jpgs for me, as well as the way turn based combat is implemented with long drawn out animations.

anyway, ive finally finished modding skyrim. i have about 100 mods installed and im trying to decide if i like it better with verdant or without. with verdant enabled i get fps ranging from high 30-60 and with it off i get mid 40s- 60. i think verdant might add too much flora. but idk, i havent gotten out of the first forest area.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
100 mods, lol

how many naked ones?

honestly, none that i know of. there were a number of mods that changed bodies but i dont think theyre naked mods.

anyway, ive run into a couple of issues. nights are way to fucking dark, and rain makes everything blurry as fuck, so i need to try and fix that.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
guess one was a naked mod. lol

anyway, the games not bad. typical bethesda fare. performance with the mods is up an down. sometimes its perfectly smooth and at other times its rather choppy, occasionally even slowing to a crawl. but i guess that just comes with the territory of a rather heavily modded game.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
ive noticed with both verdant running and the enb, things get very choppy at times, if i turn one or the other off things run pretty damn well. anyone know if i can install a different grass mod without fucking up my current game? same goes with enbs, can i try out differents one without having to start all over?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally avoid enb. Just dont think it adds that much for the hit.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I personally avoid enb. Just dont think it adds that much for the hit.

sometimes it doesnt make much of a difference but other times it does with color, lighting and dof coming together to make the game look pretty impressive. and like i said as long as i dont run verdant and an enb simultaneously it runs pretty well. i personally rather use an enb over verdant or any grass mode. i want to try out some other enbs and its seems that should be possible without messing up my saves but i just need to figure out how exactly. for instance lets say i find an enb not compatible with cot and elfx is disabling a mod enough to avoid conflicts or do you need to remove it completely?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Still playing skyrim. its pretty good. the quests and writing are rather meh and the world is rather repetitive and bland but theres something addicting about it. im enjoying just exploring the world and doing whatever. I think the quality map with roads mod helps a lot though since with it im never just aimlessly wondering which is a problem i usually have with bethesda games. this way i know how to get around the mountains, over bodies of water ext and can simply follow roads to locations. it even has side roads that lead to the small caves and dungeons.

speaking of mods, iv finally settled on a mod list and after trying out over a dozen ENBs settled on a rather obscure one called Anko ENB running along side 85 mods or so. im getting decent performance(usually between 50-60, only dipping into the high 30s-40s in the densest areas) and it looks pretty damn good.

20160501230800_1_zpskhx8mmvx.jpg
20160501230839_1_zpsjhjogdcf.jpg
20160501230911_1_zpsupynndm4.jpg
20160501231041_1_zps1f2gktcu.jpg

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn. You are making me want to play that. Looks good.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Be careful installing a bunch of mods at once. Generally, its a good strategy to do one or two at a time so if there are problems, its easier to pinpoint.

Yes, this happened to me. I started out installing just a couple mods that made the game look better, then I got excited and added a shit ton at the same and broke my game. I ended up just deleting the game. :(

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Damn. You are making me want to play that. Looks good.

You have a 980ti right? id try out an ENB called Elder Blood, its really impressive, probably my favorite enb, and with my system usually ran with fps in the 30s which was playable, but it would dip into the high twenties, which while still technically playable, i just wont accept on general principle. theres also K ENB Pure Light which is impressive but i only ran it for a minute or so because it is so demanding that i only got fps in the low-mid 20s. with your gpu you should get fps in the fifties consistently with any enb.

im really digging this Anko enb though, there were a number of others that ran well enough and looked good but there was always something. on my system this rather obscure enb seems extremely optimized compared even to the popular ones. it delivers a pretty consistent fps of 45-55 outdoors and 55-60 indoors only dipping in dense areas like i said. plus its perfectly balanced in regards to lighting, its never pitch black like a lot of enbs and while bright sunny days are crisp and sharp its never so bright that dungeons loose the mood and atmosphere or colors and textures get bleached out.

though with that said i think i might switch back to the enb i originally settled on, Tetrachromatic ENB. its a little more demanding but never dips below low 30s even in dense areas, usually 45-60 though, and offers sharper dof, crisper images, better lighting and effects, plus more vibrant colors.

20160502131818_1_zpshgppscn4.jpg
20160502132121_1_zpsrjgfzuky.jpg
20160502130912_1_zpstvtxb6ze.jpg
20160502131220_1_zpsf4payy5n.jpg
20160502131153_1_zpssg6m07w7.jpg