What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone still playing the ESO relaunch on consoles? GOAT game

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nothing.... I been playing nothing this week... im kinda bored with my usual games... I need a new RTS game

You know, as much of a fanboy as I was of StarCraft, I never did play the 2nd one. Might have to give that game a shot.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know, as much of a fanboy as I was of StarCraft, I never did play the 2nd one. Might have to give that game a shot.

I played it.... it was fun... I don't think i ever played the expansion doe.

I have my eye on some games but I don't wanna pay 60$ for them.... like the Mad Max game, looks interesting.... I wanna try it but I will wait for it to go on sale.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I bought "The Beginner's Guide." The only reason I bought it was because it's by the same guy who created The Stanley Parable, a game which I loved and everyone should play it. But this newest "game," if you can even call it that, is pretty different. It's more like an interactive documentary about amateur game development. You end up playing at least a dozen games created by an amateur game developer, all with a narrator speaking in the background, giving his opinion on why the programmer did certain things, and what it may reveal about his personality. It is pretty effective at making you really think about the psychological aspects of the developer. If you're into programming or game development, you'll probably love this game. If not, then it may be hit or miss.

[video=youtube;l0eVM-vLvbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0eVM-vLvbc[/video]

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NBA 2k16 came in a couple days earlier than expected so been messing around with that. Destiny has been fun thus far as well.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On a side note, NBA 2k16 not having Rasheed Wallace on their Blazer and Piston retro teams is a crime!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I finally picked up Witcher III a couple months ago for a steal at $30 and have been loving it, I've been doing so many things in it, I'm having a hard time actually doing the main story. hah. I may just finally finish it in time for a sale on the DLCs in a year or two. Wasn't sure what to expect, thought it would be great, but run of the mill and get boring eventually, but I'm lots and lots of hours into it and haven't bored yet. Despite only being level 14 still. So many sub tasks.

My only real problem with is is the stuff doesn't scale well. Meaning I'm still level 14 becuase I'm going around making sure that I finish all the stuff I have in my quest log before I move on too far because they will get real easy real quick and be kind of dumb to come back for, plus a lot of them lead to other things. I don't want to be level 30 and going back through my quest log spending hours wiping up 6-15 level quests. I fear that will make it repetitive and boring because all the gear will be worthless too.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm trying to finish up my current games before Fallout 4 comes out next month because that's the only game I'll be playing for a loooong time.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I finally picked up Witcher III a couple months ago for a steal at $30 and have been loving it, I've been doing so many things in it, I'm having a hard time actually doing the main story. hah. I may just finally finish it in time for a sale on the DLCs in a year or two. Wasn't sure what to expect, thought it would be great, but run of the mill and get boring eventually, but I'm lots and lots of hours into it and haven't bored yet. Despite only being level 14 still. So many sub tasks.

My only real problem with is is the stuff doesn't scale well. Meaning I'm still level 14 becuase I'm going around making sure that I finish all the stuff I have in my quest log before I move on too far because they will get real easy real quick and be kind of dumb to come back for, plus a lot of them lead to other things. I don't want to be level 30 and going back through my quest log spending hours wiping up 6-15 level quests. I fear that will make it repetitive and boring because all the gear will be worthless too.

I think there are some mods that fix scaling issues for completionists

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm trying to finish up my current games before Fallout 4 comes out next month because that's the only game I'll be playing for a loooong time.

Holy fuck fallout 4 is coming out that soon. Goddamn time flies. Shit, I haven't even finished DA Inquisition and havent even started witcher 3. Goddammit. Good fuckin year for gaming so far, tho.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Holy fuck fallout 4 is coming out that soon. Goddamn time flies. Shit, I haven't even finished DA Inquisition and havent even started witcher 3. Goddammit. Good fuckin year for gaming so far, tho.

I had to burn over 4 weeks of vacation before the end of the year so I took fallout week off. I'm going to veg the fuck out that week, I have a new lazy boy and I plan to buy a lot of beer.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I bought another 3 games that I have no time to play. Witcher 3, God of War 3, and Uncharted collection. I have 0 time since getting switched to 3rd shift. I'm off Saturdays and Sundays, so I literally only eat, sleep, work, and watch football.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Only thing I've played in the last 6 months was batman.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I bought another 3 games that I have no time to play. Witcher 3, God of War 3, and Uncharted collection. I have 0 time since getting switched to 3rd shift. I'm off Saturdays and Sundays, so I literally only eat, sleep, work, and watch football.

Get PS4, upgrade internet, buy Vita, stream to work. hah.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Has anyone played the Star Wars Battlefront beta? I played it, but found it boring. I guess I'm in the minority though, because it seems pretty popular. I thought it was just a bunch of mindless shooting... It's open to everyone and you can play it for one more day if you're interested.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Battlefront feels like COD with a star wars skin. Imo, its fucking stunning visually and audio is great, but gameplay as of now is basically crap. Not tactical at all and lots of broken shit.

To me, its really sad especially seeing as how Dice made what is probably the best large scale tactical shooter of all time. Imo, the gameplay of battlefront is taking a huge step back.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's beta. You get 1 single player and 2 multi-player. Lots to come ot would seem. Plus they will fix the balancing and other things but it's much more objective focused than battlefield for me. Battlefield was just about getting the highest kill death ratio and while that's here it feels more than that. I suck at these types of games and it still ft like there were things I could do to be successful. Battlefield I just die instantly over and over and over