What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hardline just a shitty, more restricted version on bf4 with less weapons and more driving in circles. A $60 skin.

don't judge BF by hardline

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I thought hardline was a really good concept for a battlefield game with new gamemodes that would change it up and make it not the same ole BF game, but like your post above, I keep hearing really really bad things about it and can't figure how it could have gone so wrong with all the BF backbone to build on? I assume you've played it?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought hardline was a really good concept for a battlefield game with new gamemodes that would change it up and make it not the same ole BF game, but like your post above, I keep hearing really really bad things about it and can't figure how it could have gone so wrong with all the BF backbone to build on? I assume you've played it?

The half assed the cops and robbers idea. Its more like urban paramilitary shit. Its like halfway between battlefield and a real cops and robbers game. So you have watered down urban military type shit mixed with watered down cops and robbers shit.

Imo, they basically didn't commit enough to a cops and robbers game and so wonld up with a battlefield light type thing.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The half assed the cops and robbers idea. Its more like urban paramilitary shit. Its like halfway between battlefield and a real cops and robbers game. So you have watered down urban military type shit mixed with watered down cops and robbers shit.

Imo, they basically didn't commit enough to a cops and robbers game and so wonld up with a battlefield light type thing.
So instead of redoing the charecters and AI, they basically just took the good and back guys form BF and reskinned them and droped them in an urban setting with new capture the flag games.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
kinda. They just didn't stick to the cops and robbers format. Cops run around spraying with assault weapons and there are helicopters with gatling guns and shit. Its too much of an urban warfare and imo you just wind up wishing it was just a full on war game. AI doesn't matter, its just that the cops and robbers mechanics are so weak or nonexistent. It winds up like battlefield light in a modern city.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought angry joe's review was pretty spot on:

[video=youtube;ztZDVr3mZzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztZDVr3mZzg[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been playing the Company of Heroes 2 expansion that adds the Americans and some new Campaign fun.

The more I play it, the more I like it.... idk why more was not done with the Company of Heroes franchise... they shoulda made like 3 or 4 of them by now, instead they sat on it for a decade.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
rts in general lost steam for a while. There was a good 5-6 years where all the AAA companies were making was variations on FPS shooters. Sucked.

Tell you what, indie games and kickstarter have had a huge impact on the industry. They have shown that there is legit market for a way bigger variety of games than the AAA's were producing.

We are in kind of a renaissance of gaming now (at least as far as ressurrecting genres).

All kinds of shit is back:
rts
cRPG
space sim
sidescrollers
survival games
horror games

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't know if anyone cares but GOG just finally launched GOG galaxy it seems. Won't have the abundance of titles yet, but it would seem it's a very good competitor to Steam.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know if anyone cares but GOG just finally launched GOG galaxy it seems. Won't have the abundance of titles yet, but it would seem it's a very good competitor to Steam.
From what I read it looks good. I like that it's cross compatible.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually didn't read too much because I'm console only for the most part, but I didn't understand what they meant by that?
From my understanding, if you bought a game on Steam, you'd still be able to play it with GOG's client or something like that.

AussieBear

im finally getting around to playing assassins creed: black flag. ive put it off long enough.. i just detest uplay.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I love GoG. But GoG, as much as they are a Steam competitor, they have built their services around games for DOSbox and modern patches for compatibility. Which means they aren't really a direct competitor, but a different kind of store and service provider. So basically forgotten or abandoned games. Very different model, but we're getting into that overlap phase. And naturally, when your library deals with reviving dead titles, selling them without DRM is an easy transition. It just so happens that the GoG marketplace has expanded to the point, where many publishers and first party distributors also publish more than just the older titles, because they think it's a bad idea to ignore GOG's customer base.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Just finished the Evil Within last week. If you like horror games at all, pick it up. Really good game and it's not easy.

I picked up Shadow of Mordor from best buy last week so I'm playing that and Ryse Son of Rome. I'm borrowing Ryse from my brother and boy am I glad I decided not to pick up Ryse on console launch for $60. I think I've played about an hour and a half and I'm already about half way through the game ?on a side note it's an absolutely beautiful game

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Block n load. Tf2 meets Minecraft. It's a lot of fun.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
From my understanding, if you bought a game on Steam, you'd still be able to play it with GOG's client or something like that.

That's what I had hoped it meant, but I couldn't see how that could be possible... would be great.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I love GoG. But GoG, as much as they are a Steam competitor, they have built their services around games for DOSbox and modern patches for compatibility. Which means they aren't really a direct competitor, but a different kind of store and service provider. So basically forgotten or abandoned games. Very different model, but we're getting into that overlap phase. And naturally, when your library deals with reviving dead titles, selling them without DRM is an easy transition. It just so happens that the GoG marketplace has expanded to the point, where many publishers and first party distributors also publish more than just the older titles, because they think it's a bad idea to ignore GOG's customer base.
That's why I brought this up, this is a new product basically, GoG Galaxy. It's in beta now and is looking to change that and be a competitor.Their big bet right now it seems is showcasing Witcher 3. They want people to buy it there instead of steam because of the features GoG Galaxy will give them that Steam won't. And it would seem from there they hope to grow, i didn't sign up for the beta so I'm not sure what all they have but they are trying to grow the storefront beyond old games and include them as more as an additional feature of how awesome they are.

At least that's what I got form the article I skimmed.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Competition for steam is a good thing. I like GoG a lot. I just hope this doesn't distract them from getting those good old obscure titles back onto machines. I also know someone that is working on the linux client, which is getting delayed on purpose so it can be built on a minimum rolling kernel with only wayland compatibility.