Bulls vs. Nuggets NAO

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steve javie (Former NBA Ref) Just said on SC that the rule is if the ball is on the rim and is coming off the rim, it can be played. They don't always call that, but that's the rule.

I think it's bullshit though.

That´s how we do it in Europe under the FIBA!

In the NBA the Ball has to be out completely I think.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I've wanted to change that rule to the FIBA rule for a while now. Just think if something like this happened in the playoffs.......vs. Miami.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've wanted to change that rule to the FIBA rule for a while now. Just think if something like this happened in the playoffs.......vs. Miami.
Easy...if Miami did it, it's fine, otherwise it's basket interference. :dunno:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Steve javie (Former NBA Ref) Just said on SC that the rule is if the ball is on the rim and is coming off the rim, it can be played. They don't always call that, but that's the rule.

I think it's bullshit though.
They only reviewed it because Denver called timeout and complained...could we have done the same in Koufos's case?

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Easy...if Miami did it, it's fine, otherwise it's basket interference. :dunno:
Well ya, but I'm really talking about the media reaction. Miami might be the media darlings, but if something like this were to happen in the ECF resulting in a Bulls 1pt loss, I'd think that maybe we'd see the NBA mulling a change? I think the pressure would be too great.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
GOALTENDING/BASKET INTERFERENCE
Note: All rules prevent players from touching
the ball on its downward flight toward the
basket if it still has a chance to enter the basket.
Reaching through the basket to play the
ball is also a violation. The major differences
centre on what happens after a shot hits the
ring but still has an opportunity to enter the
basket.
FIBA:
▼ Once the ball strikes the ring, any player
can play the ball. Once the ball is in the basket,
the offense can no longer violate.
NBA, WNBA, NCAA:
▼ An imaginary cylinder exists that has the
basket ring as its base. Touching the ball
while any part of it is in this cylinder (and
still has a chance of entering the basket)
is a violation.

http://www.fiba.com/asp_includes/download.asp?file_id=518

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well ya, but I'm really talking about the media reaction. Miami might be the media darlings, but if something like this were to happen in the ECF resulting in a Bulls 1pt loss, I'd think that maybe we'd see the NBA mulling a change? I think the pressure would be too great.
:nope:

The fan response might not be so hot but I don't think anything would change...

I could just be being pessimistic though.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't like the FIBA rule.

The refs got the call right. They missed the same call earlier in the game, which makes it frustrating, because now you send the wrong signal. If they aren't going to call it earlier in the game, then they shouldn't have called it on Jo. It's that simple.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Then they must call all the lobs as goaltending. The ball didn't touch the rim. The basket should have counted + 1 assist @marco

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Goal-tending/Offensive basket interference is either;
a.) Interference of a shot that is on the way down and headed for the cylinder. Cylinder meaning, not JUST the rim, but very specifically, the inner circle of the basket itself.
b.) Interference of a ball that is above the rim of the basket.

Noah's was definitely (B), and arguably (A) because it was clearly short. So it is clear interference on one part. There is no way to argue against it. And yes, the refs are inconsistent with interference calls on alley-oops that are headed for the cylinder. Every so many years, the interference issue comes up. But it's not always a problem. For the most part, if refs are consistent with calls, and they are accurate with illegal positioning(3-seconds) calls, the interference problem becomes extremely rare.

The NBA's problem, is they have a hard time weeding out bad refs.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i honestly dont see how its a basket interference...i thought the ball had to touch/be on the rim...in this case the ball hadn't even reach it yet...whats the difference between that and a alley oop?

i guess they are really specific with it

oh well it was a badly reffed game...we just ended up with the short end of the stick

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://blogs.bulls.com/2013/03/bulls-lose-to-nuggets-and-officials-in-overtime/

Sums it up well. Officials reviewed a play they had not called anything on, so that's the real issue. Going back to Koufos, they didn't review that to take it away because they made on call on the play. They did the same thing here, but they took the basket away. So regardless of whether or not it was basket interference (and by the rules it should've been I guess), it should not have been reviewed if the other play was not reviewed. The inconsistency is the issue, not necessarily the call.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The refs can review the last score or touched-ball(out of bounds) during the respective intermission(time out, end of period). The last score does not need an official call on the floor, its the other way around(official makes a call if it's not a score on the floor). I don't know what Sam Smith is smoking. But then again, nobody really knows what Sam Smith has been smoking for about 20 years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The refs can review the last score or touched-ball(out of bounds) during the respective intermission(time out, end of period). The last score does not need an official call on the floor, its the other way around(official makes a call if it's not a score on the floor). I don't know what Sam Smith is smoking. But then again, nobody really knows what Sam Smith has been smoking for about 20 years.
Eh...whatever. One game isn't gonna mean anything. Just another game on the losing streak.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, I don't mean to be persistent about it. But between Stacey's call and a lot of misinformation(like Sam Smith, and it seems like every sports anchor on local TV), it's making Bulls fans look really uneducated about well established rules. It's not rules about body-foul interpretations or something with a big gray area that takes the experience of good referees to sift through. Interference calls are pretty straight forward.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw 2 shots via twitter and one was interference and one was not. To me it was a judgement call if anything. I show showed it was going to be an airball, the other one showed it was gunna hit the rim. Both from the same angles. But like King said, if Noah dunks the ball, there's no call and Bulls win.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
There HASN´T BEEN a call! That´s the point!

Of course it was offensive interference, but the refs are only allowed to review it when they called it, what they didn´t.

That´s what everybody from the Bulls stuff is saying.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
I don't think it matters that much; you can blame the loss on Noah for allowing McGee to just absolutely #### on him earlier. I do.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it matters that much; you can blame the loss on Noah for allowing McGee to just absolutely #### on him earlier. I do.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
You could blame it on allowing anyone to score one more basket than they did...