Game 4 Stanley Cup Finals Blackhawks at Bruins 6/19/13 7 PM CT (Bruins lead 2-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Crawford is not the sole reason the Hawks are still in the playoffs. The Hawks have played INCREDIBLE team defense for most of the playoffs. Now, I'm not saying Emery should see the ice this playoffs, but if Emery had been the starter when the playoffs started, I bet we are still in the Finals with the Bruins.

And people are talking about Crawford because he gave up 3 incredibly weak goals last night. It should have been a 5-2 win for the Hawks with no OT. His glove side is VERY, VERY weak. Add to that his absolutely wretched performance last year against the Coyotes and the two embarassing goals he gave up earlier in this playoff run, against the Wings and Wild, and his reputation for letting in the softies and having a huge hole in his glove is slightly justified.

That doesn't mean he hasn't had a great year and a great playoff run... He has been a top 3 contributor this year, but people are starting to overrate him a bit. The Hawks team defense and speed is just incredible and makes it a lot easier for him. Why do you think Emery was 17-1 this year? It certainly isn't because he is an elite goaltender.

Oh, you mean the INCREDIBLE team defense that gave up the puck in the defensive zone leading to some of the goals last night? Easy to blame Crow for having a bad game, but what about the guys in front of him that puked up the puck like crazy?

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, you mean the INCREDIBLE team defense that gave up the puck in the defensive zone leading to some of the goals last night? Easy to blame Crow for having a bad game, but what about the guys in front of him that puked up the puck like crazy?

Where did I say that the defense played great last night? They didn't, although the stupid penalties didn't help.

That said, if Crawford didn't blow last night, that game is won in regulation. And as I said, Crawford is having a great playoff run. That still doesn't excuse his glove hand last night.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well, I find your comment that we aren't in the Finals without Crawford as equally as ridiculous as you probably find my assertion that if Emery started the playoffs, we'd still be in the finals.

And you didn't say anything about Emery that I didn't already know. I know his history, his weaknesses and his injuries. That said, while his lateral movement isn't as good as Crawford's, Crawford's side to side is still average at best. I'll also take Emery's positioning (although Crawford got better this year) and Emery's glove hand over Crawford.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the two goalies because we'll never know. And as I said in my last post, Crawford has been excellent this post season, I just think he is getting a little too much credit. The defense playing in front of him, for the most part, has been fantastic as well.

Goalies are just like quarterbacks, man. Too much credit when it goes well, too much blame when it goes bad.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Where did I say that the defense played great last night? They didn't, although the stupid penalties didn't help.

That said, if Crawford didn't blow last night, that game is won in regulation. And as I said, Crawford is having a great playoff run. That still doesn't excuse his glove hand last night.

This is my point though. If the defense doesn't play so poorly, then Crow doesn't see some of those shots anyway.

He has played great in these playoffs like you said. But people still cannot get over the two goals he gave up last year in OT. If he leads this team to the Cup, people still will not give him the credit that he deserves.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is my point though. If the defense doesn't play so poorly, then Crow doesn't see some of those shots anyway.

He has played great in these playoffs like you said. But people still cannot get over the two goals he gave up last year in OT. If he leads this team to the Cup, people still will not give him the credit that he deserves.

I'll give him credit if he wins the Cup... The same amount of credit I gave Niemi when he won it... a solid playoff run for a top 10-15 goalie.

And 3 of those goals last night were weak. There is a reason why the Bruins are exploiting his glove side.

Status
Not open for further replies.