Rockford IceHogs Thread

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
as it is important to follow the hawks, our youth is just as important. discuss roster, news, injuries here

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hype right now is Stephen Johns will be leaving to play pro hockey. Johns & Clendening could be the Keith and Seabrook of the AHL

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The hype right now is Stephen Johns will be leaving to play pro hockey. Johns & Clendening could be the Keith and Seabrook of the AHL

Can't wait to see Johns go pro. Been looking forward to him working is way up the farm for a while.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prospect camp is this week. There's videos and shit online somewhere I'm sure if you're that interested.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I can't find the quotes anymore but I remember seeing on Twitter that Johns said he'd be fulfilling his commitment to Notre Dame and returning there for his senior season.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't find the quotes anymore but I remember seeing on Twitter that Johns said he'd be fulfilling his commitment to Notre Dame and returning there for his senior season.

I've also seen some posted where he said I cant believe this is it, I enjoyed my time here. I'll see if I can dig anything up

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went and watched a couple games. I'll update with some things I seen.

Brad Winchester- Has been playing 3C. was kicked from taking face-offs quite a bit, but when he did take them he won most of them. I don't see him making the Hawks roster unless there are some injuries.

Terry & Alex Broadhurst- Both brothers surprised me on their fore-checking abilities. They go after the puck when needed. Both guys seem to have talent, and both have really good vision.

Garret Ross- Ross really impressed me with his play. Offensively he doesn't produce much, but he reminds me of an Andrew Shaw type player. He hits, battles in the corners, and goes to then net. Hes also not afraid to mix things up when needed.

Philippe Lefebvre- I figured i'd throw him in since he is new to the organizations. Didn't get to see much of him as he played on the 4th line. He did get quite a bit of time on the PK and he looked to be solid there.

Joakim Nordsrom- Nordstrom has been very solid. he's had the best chances the past couple games, but hasn't been able to finish on those chances. In last nights game he missed an open net on 2-3 chances.

Phillip Danault- Danault just has raw talent. good with the puck, nice shot, he even battles in the corners. really has good skating ability as well.

Mark McNeill- McNeill was quiet on the score sheet. He uses his big frame and is solid with the puck. He has been playing wing with Danault at C.

Drew Leblanc- Leblanc is probably the best player on the list.

Maxim Shalunov- Didn't play much as he was on the 4th line. When he was on the ice he goes hard after the puck and has a good shot.

Kyle Beach- I must say Beach surprised me. He was really strong with the puck and created chances for everyone around him. Haven't seen him get to crazy on the ice yet so lets hope he's finally matured.

Adam Clendening- Straight up puck moving d-man. Creates chances from the point, has really good vision.

Klas Dahlbeck- Dahlbeck is a totally different player than he was last year. He can shut down top lines, and bring the puck up the ice. He's playing with tons of confidence and he's producing.

Viktor Svedberg- Svedberg has a pretty good shot and a long reach. He doesn't use his body like he should physically, skating could be a lot better to, and makes some bad decisions jumping p into the zone.

Kent Simpson- Simpson has been solid all season. The more he plays the more you can see him improve

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is Clendening's defense? Especially in his own zone?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought Beach was in Europe?

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is Clendening's defense? Especially in his own zone?

he's average and will play smart. He doesn't have a very big frame, so he's not really physical. He uses his skating to his advantage and makes smart plays. He can get caught jumping into the play tho

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I thought Beach was in Europe?

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

Europe had enough of his bullshit. So they sent him back to Rockford where he fits right in.

CHAMPS!!!