Brandon Marshall: Alshon Jeffery was 'softer' last year

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sold this guy pre draft like nobody's business...he aint proved me right just yet, but Idont know how you can watch his movements and not think holy shit total package, tenacious, hard nosed runner, tall, strong, a picker as they say.....I disrespect all who oppose me on this evaluation.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Soft means fat

Fucking A on Tapatalk

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have high hopes for Jeffery too, but I continue to be impressed with BM's leadership. Like 1rkrage mentioned...so much for the head case...

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have really high hopes for Jeffery, but let's remember what Marshall said about Hester last year.

He was being nice... Let us also remember he didn't invite Hester to train with him in the off season as well. There was a lot of last year that was just a fluke thanks to a non-existent OC.

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
Jeffery was light years ahead of Hester last year at WR

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Too many parrot the 'yeah but he said that about hester' line. Alshon is a wr, Devin, no.

Alshon had two issues last season: injury and being too aggressive when creating separation. Devin had only one issue: he isn't a wr.

If alshon was able to get stronger under Marshall's guidance this year, that's great. Physically it seems the prof is in the pudding. If the Marshall stuff is just hype, he is still going to be an improved player at the position while Devin Hester will not, because Hester is not a dang wide receiver.

proton

Liked Posts:
I have really high hopes for Jeffery, but let's remember what Marshall said about Hester last year.

The difference being Jeffrey has the size the brains the physical skills and the training as a WR. Hester was a converted kick returner that had none of those things.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:

I think last year can be attributed to him being the new guy who was obviously so much better than anything the Bears had that had just had to pay lip service to not cause any waves.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Marshall is probably just being nice here but if Jeffery stays healthy, he has a good chance of having a great year.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just bringing up the Marshall comment from last year in conversation. I like both Marshall and Jeffery and believe that they are the best 1-2 WR punch for the Bears since Conway and Graham.

lovemybears&bulls

Liked Posts:

New Superbowl Shuffle?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Jeffery has the potential to be great, if he continues working on his craft and working to get stronger and can stay healthy then the sky is the limit for him. Lets not forget that after his sophomore season he was considered a top 10 pick, then the mediocre junior season and weight issues popped up. But so far he's been tearing it up in camp and has looked great and has been catching TD passes like crazy.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All indications from camp say that Jeffery has been a beast so far, not just from Marshall.

We'll just have to see how it plays out once the season starts. But it's better than hearing nothing about him.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I try to pay as little attention as possible during TC/preseason. 10 years ago I used to think that you could read a lot about how good a team would be by paying attention during this time. 5 years ago I used to think you could maybe watch some position drills and see who is doing well. Now I feel that it is all fluff. I don't care how bad Peanut looks wk 3 pre-season. I only care about injuries that will have lasting consequences on the season. I'm not saying TC and pre-season arent important to the teams themselves. It just is an extremely poor indicator of future performance.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I try to pay as little attention as possible during TC/preseason. 10 years ago I used to think that you could read a lot about how good a team would be by paying attention during this time. 5 years ago I used to think you could maybe watch some position drills and see who is doing well. Now I feel that it is all fluff. I don't care how bad Peanut looks wk 3 pre-season. I only care about injuries that will have lasting consequences on the season. I'm not saying TC and pre-season arent important to the teams themselves. It just is an extremely poor indicator of future performance.

U should post this in every thread on the first page, miss thang.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
If it was just Marshall making this noise, I'd be more inclined to believe it was just him talking up a friend/fellow WR/teammate.
But that doesn't seem to be the case. It's been noted by several players and coaches.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feel free to read as much as you want in to garbage time. I'm just stating my opinion. If your cheerios taste like piss, don't look at me.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
very good point. I don't care much either, every fan for every team thinks at TC how great they all look blah blah. Its more fun for me in the summertime n me wishing I played in the NFL lol

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
The difference between the 2 is laughable, Alshon is a actual wr