My notes from the Family Fest practice...

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good post playthrough, nice analysis....hope everything continues in the pre-season games and of course really take off once the season starts.

Rusty Trombone

Liked Posts:
Feel free to tale a break until then by all means Sparky!

2301010_o.gif

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
haha first person i've seen use the forte is in the best shape of his life line this year

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have donated to the OP's defense fund if he would have broken J Webbs knees with a baseball bat!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
* Marquess Wilson is scrawny. He does not look like a NFL receiver. I think he will get abused by physical corners. You can see the talent but it will be interesting watching him try to get off the line of scrimmage. I don't think he would make it to the practice squad so they may have to "redshirt" him with a bogus injury. He needs a year with a NFL strength coach.

Correct! Like with Alshon ......Wilson's gonna have to get much stronger to play with the big boys at an NFL level....(...and I would put him behind Alshon in his rookie year as far as strength and getting off the line.) I don't think that he would be "poached" from the PS.....so he might end up there.....but weights...and conditioning....need to get done......."Red shirt!"

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Can we put an end to these generic notes about practice? We'll see what's up soon enough when we oppose teams that are actually allowed to tackle our players.
Agreed, what a waste of time. There doesn't even seem to be any Cutler observation that would allow you to derail this thread into a troll fest.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
* Marquess Wilson is scrawny. He does not look like a NFL receiver. I think he will get abused by physical corners. You can see the talent but it will be interesting watching him try to get off the line of scrimmage. I don't think he would make it to the practice squad so they may have to "redshirt" him with a bogus injury. He needs a year with a NFL strength coach.

Correct! Like with Alshon ......Wilson's gonna have to get much stronger to play with the big boys at an NFL level....(...and I would put him behind Alshon in his rookie year as far as strength and getting off the line.) I don't think that he would be "poached" from the PS.....so he might end up there.....but weights...and conditioning....need to get done......."Red shirt!"

He's nowhere near what Alshon was last year. Not even close...

BDCB

:•)
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks for the notes!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
* Forte looks to be in the best shape of his life. He looks incredibly quick and smooth. Big upper body and legs with a small waist... If he's healthy all year he's going to have a monster season. I'd put the over/under on catches at 70.

* Martellus Bennett is going to be a stud. The dude is huge and fast. Cutler is looking for him early and often and when he finds him he catches the ball.

* Fendi Onobun really may be a sleeper. He's big but he is a very smooth athlete. He found some holes in the number one D tonight in 11 on 11 drills. He definitely looks the part. I've heard he's been dropping balls at camp. Not tonight...

* Brandon Marshall looks like Brandon Marshall... He's a beast. End of story... He's the best player on this team. Tillman thought he had a pick tonight and Marshall just took it from him. By the way, Peanut also looks like he is in excellent physical condition. Great player, great person...

* Bostic is fast but because they don't tackle it is hard to evaluate him. He certainly seems as though he's in the right place. I still hope DJ is healthy for the opener. I prefer not to have a rookie MLB playing too soon.

Great to hear this. I'm getting really pumped to see if this offense clicks in real games. This might well be the most talented offense on paper we've seen yet.

And from all accounts I've heard, Bostic is the real deal.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the notes!

You did forget the most important part of practice though. How did Jay look while other people were getting applause?

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
He's nowhere near what Alshon was last year. Not even close...

Agreed, Alshon didn't get pushed around last year even as a rookie, as long as he's stays healthy he should be more than physical enough for the NFL, he often made corners in college look like little children.

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
Also great notes playthrough, thanks.

Btw is Kyle Long still #2 at RG? I'd guess he's the backup on the depth chart next week and James Brown will start the 1st preseason game.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
OP has 53 Thanks' for his observations...Someone complains b/c it's not what he wants to see.

Welcome to the internet -- where when it's not about what you want, it's just unnecessary. :shrug:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you wanted to expand on a couple of points, and send them to X, he could throw em up on the homepage for ya.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you wanted to expand on a couple of points, and send them to X, he could throw em up on the homepage for ya.

indeed.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Great to hear this. I'm getting really pumped to see if this offense clicks in real games. This might well be the most talented offense on paper we've seen yet.

And from all accounts I've heard, Bostic is the real deal.

I really expect the offense to click, but not really on a consistent basis until after the bye week. We will see spurts of it before then. I just hope fans don't get overexcited like they did last year after the Indy game thinking the offense was going to be real good . etcc. Then we all know what happened after. haha

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But why, Spartan would find that unnecessary and a waste of bandwidth and his valuable time.