Carimi - Carimi said. "I'm just excited to be on a team that's good."

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Jew Hammer sounds bitter

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/carimi-pushes-for-spot-on-bucs-line/2134542

"Wherever the cards play at the end, I think we've got some great linemen here," Carimi said. "I'm just excited to be on a team that's good."

Carimi said he feels Judaism has helped improve his life, while also sparking a new nickname in Chicago: "The Bear Jew," a reference to the hulking, bat-swinging character in the movie Inglourious Basterds. But now that Carimi is with the Bucs, the Bear reference won't apply.

Quipped Carimi: "We'll go back to the Jew Hammer."

Let's see who has the better team this year Gabe.

GO BEARS!!

Uh, thats probably not a comment about the bears... Its more like hes saying hes just thankful he didn't get traded to the Cardinals or Miami or some shit.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He never said that the Bears are a bad team.

Are there more women on this board than I thought there were? I sure hope men aren't assuming what some guys meant to say.

This. Been weird here for the last week or two.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
What is the quote suppose to mean if it's not a slight against his former team? Grammatically speaking, he's implying that he wasn't on a team that's good; therefore, logic follows that the only other NFL team he's played for is worse than the team he's playing with now. It could also mean that as he mentioned the Buc's offensive-line before that quote, that he's glad to be on an o-line that doesn't suck. Either way, logic dictates he's taking a shot at his former team.

In any case, it simply makes him sound unprofessional and that's not something anyone should get their panties in a twist over. Plus, he plays for the Bucs...so there's nothing I could say that would equal such cruelty.

Justin Heras

Liked Posts:
What's surprising for me is someone can determine their intellectual superiority from this statement as well. That statement could be a little bit of a jab at the Bears, OR it could be just Gabe stating that he's happy with his new team, and happy that the team is pretty good.

For anyone to conclude anything, one way or another, is, well, pretty unintelligent! Glad you feel so good about yourself!

Context, Do you know the meaning of that word ?

With out context you can not " assume " that the quote means anything other than what it said, He is glad to be with a team that is good. When you assume with out context you are inserting your own personal bias. If you read the full article Carimi makes no other comments of ill will or dislike about the Bears, so put in context Carimi merely said he is glad to be with a good team and did not infer that the Bears are a bad one.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
horseball.gif

Nick80

I'll be glad when the Bears play the first pre season game, then we can all argue about what was positve & negative and split into two distinct groups with a point, until then, some of the 'debate' on here recently has been amsuing to say the least.

Good luck to him, let's face it, he can't do any worse than his tenure in Chicago, so the arrow is only pointing up, if he is lucky.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I initially took that comment as a slight jab to the Bears. I made a mistake and I will now go flog myself.
As far as Carimi, I still think it was a bit premature to assume that he couldn't beat out Webb for RT. But as what was stated before, he should have been in mini camp and not pouting in AZ. If he wasn't showing anything in camp then drop him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Gabe, instead of a career in professional football, perhaps you should have tried stand up comedy in the Catskills.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Context, Do you know the meaning of that word ?

With out context you can not " assume " that the quote means anything other than what it said, He is glad to be with a team that is good. When you assume with out context you are inserting your own personal bias. If you read the full article Carimi makes no other comments of ill will or dislike about the Bears, so put in context Carimi merely said he is glad to be with a good team and did not infer that the Bears are a bad one.
Context, Smontext! Bla, bla, bla. Shut the fuck up. I read the fuckin article. No one here is saying he said anything else about the Bears. The thread exists for posters to give their 'personal' opinions. The OP simply highlighted that part to generate discussion on a message board, you know, where fans discuss football.

There is no way to 100% conclude if this was meant as a jab or not. Period! So why are you lecturing me about context, and assuming your smarter then other people for "wondering" if maybe he meant more.

:gtfo:

Justin Heras

Liked Posts:
Context, Smontext! Bla, bla, bla. Shut the fuck up. I read the fuckin article. No one here is saying he said anything else about the Bears. The thread exists for posters to give their 'personal' opinions. The OP simply highlighted that part to generate discussion on a message board, you know, where fans discuss football.

There is no way to 100% conclude if this was meant as a jab or not. Period! So why are you lecturing me about context, and assuming your smarter then other people for "wondering" if maybe he meant more.

:gtfo:

Yes because Carimi thinks the team he is on is a good team... We really need an entire thread to talk about that !

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
I would have liked to see Carimi this year, if only just for another competing body. I think they let him go prematurely. Also, I don't understand hat's so wrong about him saying he's glad he's on a good team. Did people want him to say that his new team sucked and that he wishes he was still on the Bears?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wouldn't surprise me if any individual on our recent offensive lines stepped up and played spectacular going forward, whether it be on the Bears or another team. One NFL offensive lineman told me that the whole key to an offensive line is trust, when all 5 guys trust the others it is a unit and performs that way. When there is a weak link on an offensive line, it can never function as a successful unit. I think that we can all easily say that there was minimally one weak link on that offensive line last year, and that may make others look bad as well. So you never know.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thread limbo. How low can we go?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He never said that the Bears are a bad team.

Are there more women on this board than I thought there were? I sure hope men aren't assuming what some guys meant to say.

How do you know what he meant with his comment?