Who else has a feeling that Hester is going to have a renaissance?

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Idk given his current situation on the team strictly as a returner, where he is at in his career, and that one return where he squeaked through a small sliver, I started imagining more returns in the future. Maybe this year he solidifies himself as a HOFer?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the first time in a long time I don't even know if he will be on the active roster come week 1 of the regular season. I would hope he would stick and get back to form in the return game and get used sparingly as a burner on offense.

Liked Posts:
Hope so. If Hester can go back to being Hester it will be huge for this roster to get set up with good field position on a consistent basis.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
For the first time in a long time I don't even know if he will be on the active roster come week 1 of the regular season. I would hope he would stick and get back to form in the return game and get used sparingly as a burner on offense.

I feel like they are going to keep him. I highly doubt they would cut him unless they are trying to maximize his value by saying he is a returner and letting him focus on that. Otherwise, I don't see it. I really think they are going to keep him as a STer and emergency WR.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Hester did show that his decision making on returns is still pretty poor. On one of the returns during the Panthers he had the hole to take it back to the house but read his blocking wrong and got taken down. Personally I think its a waste of money to keep a man on the roster who is just going to return but our backups are nothing special and for this occasion he is worth a roster spot.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
EDub Hester will never be considered a WR for the Chicago Bears again, not even an emergency WR. Not once in practice has he played a down at the position, worked with offense or shown any sign of him getting special plays for him. He has strictly been stretching with the special team guys, practicing with them and spending a lot of time with them.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
EDub Hester will never be considered a WR for the Chicago Bears again, not even an emergency WR. Not once in practice has he played a down at the position, worked with offense or shown any sign of him getting special plays for him. He has strictly been stretching with the special team guys, practicing with them and spending a lot of time with them.

He is an emergency WR the same way a punter or WR is an emergency QB. None of those guys practice at QB but it's called "emergency" for a reason.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So what you're saying is that every play run during the regular season is practiced at training camp? I seriously would not be surprised to see Hester on the field at random moments in a game, as a receiver.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He looked super quick on the one he returned from the back of the end zone. He looked like the old Hester, one cut or block away from breaking that one for a td. The guy is so valuable to the team.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hester did set the bar impossibly high and I don't think we'll ever see what we were seeing his first two years in the league. I like his chances at being a leader in average return yardage again, but I'm not expecting too many scores. At his age...top five in yardage and a couple of scores would be a good season. It would be nice to see some fireworks again...I do think he will be a Bear this season, but I doubt Emery makes him anything near the offer Angelo did to stay a Bear next season.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He won one game last year on his own with field position

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is that every play run during the regular season is practiced at training camp? I seriously would not be surprised to see Hester on the field at random moments in a game, as a receiver.

Did I say that every play ran during the regular season is practiced at training camp? Hester couldnt run a route properly, block and was scared for his life when he was a full time WR, what makes you think Hester will be on the field at random moments? Why would Trestman put Hester on the field when he has not worked once with this new offense? Trestmans system isnt about finding special plays for different players.

proton

Liked Posts:
I think his best days are far behind him. I'll be very surprised if he gets a second wind.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He looked super quick on the one he returned from the back of the end zone. He looked like the old Hester, one cut or block away from breaking that one or a td. The guy is so valuable to the team.

He looked more like the old Hester but his decision making was the same. All he had to do was read his blockers and he would have had a TD verse the Panthers.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He looked more like the old Hester but his decision making was the same. All he had to do was read his blockers and he would have had a TD verse the Panthers.

You mean read the two blockers celebrating at the 10 instead of blocking the 1 guy in the area... hilarious.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did I say that every play ran during the regular season is practiced at training camp? Hester couldnt run a route properly, block and was scared for his life when he was a full time WR, what makes you think Hester will be on the field at random moments? Why would Trestman put Hester on the field when he has not worked once with this new offense? Trestmans system isnt about finding special plays for different players.

Because its not hard to tell Hester "hey son go out there and run a 9 route" and he won't need to have any experience with Trestman's system to do that. Could be as a decoy could be to actually stretch the field. Fact is we don't have anyone else that could fill the burner role on offense. I don't understand whats so hard to get about that.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Because its not hard to tell Hester "hey son go out there and run a 9 route" and he won't need to have any experience with Trestman's system to do that. Could be as a decoy could be to actually stretch the field. Fact is we don't have anyone else that could fill the burner role on offense. I don't understand whats so hard to get about that.

Maybe because your concept is asinine it involves someone telling Hester, go do this via a different system lingo while in the huddle Cutler calls a normal play.. It hampers them, what if Cutler sees an obvious adjustment needed, so Hester just stays doing one thing or actually has to know the system.

Even in 07 when Hester began to play wr in a role to scare or go deep.. He was apart of learning the o and running the routes still.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe because your concept is asinine it involves someone telling Hester, go do this via a different system lingo while in the huddle Cutler calls a normal play.. It hampers them, what if Cutler sees an obvious adjustment needed, so Hester just stays doing one thing or actually has to know the system.

Even in 07 when Hester began to play wr in a role to scare or go deep.. He was apart of learning the o and running the routes still.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

I get what you're saying about the verbiage. So you're saying if he was in for one play in the entire game it would be catastrophic? If he were the "emergency WR" and had to fill in for someone in such an emergency situation then you might have a reason to shit yourself but for an occasional play?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Hester when playing WR full time couldnt even run a 9 yard out, in, curl, slant or whatever it was they told him to run, I guess you didnt pay attention to his route running. There are reasons why Trestman said he is a full time Returner and wont be playing any offensive positions. The fact is in Trestmans system you dont need a Burner type of WR, especially when you have guys like Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett who are all very good at getting down field. There is nothing hard to see about anything you are saying, its just not going to happen.