Matt Slauson

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
PFF does have him as the 4th rated Guard in the NFL with a 5.4 overall grade.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think his wife is from the area and I remember him saying in the offseason he hoped this could turn into a long term thing. Would love to have some consistancy on this line from year to year. Pay the man. (pay him with some of Melton's money)

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Slauson_Matt.jpg

Matt "Kick-Ass" Slauson approves this message!

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I'm on board with every starting lineman(offensive) the bears have. That's a first for me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comparing what Emery and the coaching staff put together in one year my mocabulary is not inept enough to describe how bad the previous staff's job was with the oline for the past 4 years.

Emery and Trestman look like honest to god professionals.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's no Spencer. By that I mean be blocks people and does his job! I hope he keeps it up and sticks around.

Monster

Liked Posts:
With the two rookies etc... does anyone know about the youth of the Bears O-Line?
Might be one of the younger ones in the league... if true and they stay good... could be a good line for a long time...
Wouldn't that be a nice thing for a change?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their GM/Coach is high on Vladimir Ducacass who was their draft pick a few years back replacing him... The kid is big, idk how he looks so far, maybe he's good. (looked and pff posted he had a great game vs the Pats, for what that's worth)

Odd note listening to Mike and Mike a few moments after week one and Golic said, Slausen surprised him, saying he was a punching bag last year... Not sure what he means exactly by that term. Pff said and others have said he was a solid pass protector but didn't push well in the run.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Ducasse seems to suffer from the Webb syndrome.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I did kinda like Chilo Rachal last season. I was kinda pissed Tice benched him after the story broke that the dirtbag 49ers were saying offensive shit about Chilo's home life and crap.. Fuckin douchebags. I thought he was the only one who took a little pride in the way he played and actually WANTED to be good.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
But I thought Angelo already everything that could possibly be done with the Oline???

Can you guys imagine having Kreutz in his prime anchoring this Oline? That would be the nastiest interior Oline in the entire league. Although Garza has performed better this year than I was expecting. It might be because he's sandwiched between 2 good guys which raises his play a little.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The beard has come along way.

MATT-SLAUSON-150.JPG

That's some ZZ Top mojo going on right there. And the pic with the eye black from college reminds me of the Road Warriors. No wonder I like this guy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Beards are kewl guys srsly.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My nephew is a Husker and Bear fan. He mentioned that Suh and Slauson loathe each other. Apparently, it used to come to blows between them quite often while playing for NE. I am really looking forward to playing the Lions next week.

Now THAT is operator beard worthy shit right thur.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
My nephew is a Husker and Bear fan. He mentioned that Suh and Slauson loathe each other. Apparently, it used to come to blows between them quite often while playing for NE. I am really looking forward to playing the Lions next week.

Slauson called that jerk-off out a while ago...

http://nypost.com/2011/11/25/jets-slauson-says-former-college-teammate-suh-out-of-control/

Slauson said “I prefer not to say” when asked if those two practice incidents involved Suh stomping on teammates’ limbs or similar cheap shots.
But as a result of those acts and Suh’s generally unpredictable temper, Slauson said Suh wasn’t popular at all with his college teammates.
“He was well-respected for his ability, but everybody kind of knew who he was,” Slauson said. “He wasn’t well-liked.”
The subsequent problems in the NFL haven’t made Suh any more popular within the Nebraska football program, Slauson said.
“There’s a lot of people in Nebraska that aren’t very pleased right now,” Slauson said. “The University of Nebraska has always prided itself on producing high-character guys, and [he isn't one of them].”

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I love Slauson, he's your Chicago Bear style o linemen. I hope we keep him long term. Hey Suh, go fuck yourself and good luck against Kyle Long an Matt Slauson.

EDIT: I may dislike some of the stuff Suh does, but I think sometimes the dude just gets a bad rep. He got a degree in Engineering, not some blow off degree like a lot of football guys. the dude isn't stupid, and I think it says a lot of someone majors in a very difficult degree while also being an explosive athlete. The dude plays crazy hard on the field, but I have a hard time believing he goes out intentionally killing people.

Brb get a degree in engineering and make bank at football... But want a horrible reputation in the NFL. I truly think Suh is just too strong for a lot of guys.. And just lets it loose.