Let me introduce you to Jimmy Garoppolo.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i will bet you that Jimmy G finishes with more career wins right now

Wins are a team stat and will largely depend on how good SF and Houston are, rather than just Watson and Garoppolo.

Watson will have the better individual career, unless his knees are fucked, which would truly be a shame.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With other elite QBs aging, the quest for new ones begins. Jimmy G is the next elite QB.

Watson and Wentz are the next elite ones. Garoppolo will be very good, but I think a little short of those two.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson and Wentz are the next elite ones. Garoppolo will be very good, but I think a little short of those two.
Jimmy is a lock. Wentz possibly if he recovers well without issue. Wouldn't put Watson in that same category of elite QBs but possibly an elite football player and there is a difference. Watson relies more on his athleticism. You can't take that away from him and expect him to be as effective. Garoppolo is more your traditional pocket passer type w/good football smarts and super quick release, custom made to be an elite QB. Wentz is a hybrid, not heavily dependent on his athleticism but can obviously use it to his advantage.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just curious how you or put yourself in Paces shoes would have gone about acquiring the " HOLY ONE".
I would have done what I said I would do before the season started, exactly what the Niners did. Wait for the fire-sale halfway through the season. It was bound to come. It's the Patriot's thing, keep their good players, in the final year of their contract, as long as they can and then unload at the last opportunity when they can still get value.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Jimmy lights up the league's best pass defense in Jax, then all of the doubters can STFU. But defeating Chi, Tenn, and Hou with only 2 TD's is nothing to brag about.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jimmy is a lock. Wentz possibly if he recovers well without issue. Wouldn't put Watson in that same category of elite QBs but possibly an elite football player and there is a difference. Watson relies more on his athleticism. You can't take that away from him and expect him to be as effective. Garoppolo is more your traditional pocket passer type w/good football smarts and super quick release, custom made to be an elite QB. Wentz is a hybrid, not heavily dependent on his athleticism but can obviously use it to his advantage.

Points are points whether they come from the pocket or not.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Points are points whether they come from the pocket or not.
No doubt. Even in his MVP year though, I'd never call Cam Newton anything close to an elite QB. It's just not what he is. He's a great football player but if you take away his athleticism and run ability, you're left with a pretty average QB who's just far too emo. Same for Watson, without the emo thing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jimmy lights up the league's best pass defense in Jax, then all of the doubters can STFU. But defeating Chi, Tenn, and Hou with only 2 TD's is nothing to brag about.
Don't suspect that will happen with his current receivers. I also don't think that 1 game will ever tell if a QB is bound for eliteness or not.