Earl Bennett Bears best trade bait for a DT

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
As much as I love Earl Bennett he is still the Jay's 5th option to throw to. Yes Melton did not do much this season but the cover 2 our base defense still needs a push up the middle or it does not work. Paea maybe that guy but even if he or Collins does a good job that position needs to more than just good for the cover 2 to be consistently effective. Ironically there is a team with depth at DT that is desperate for a WR but I dont think the Bears and Lions will be trading with each other anytime soon.

I would not trade Earl for an average DT but for the right one I would.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The DT we could get for Bennett is about what we could pick up off the street.

I don't think we would get a starting calibre DT for Bennett......not worth it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dunno, didn't we get to the Superbowl with Ian Scott filling in for Tommie Harris? I'd say Collins is at least as good as Scott.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh hell. The guy makes a great catch and as opposed to wanting your players to do more of that you want to trade it away?

Welcome to chicago.

How long will it take for the D first mentality to change? Forever maybe?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I dont want to trade him away but his value to the team is not quite as important as making certain our team has enough of the right kind of 3 technique DT's to make certain our base cover 2 scheme works.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
From worthless to trade bait w/1 TD catch? I don't know about all that.

Liked Posts:
NO! Give Paea a shot with Minter backing him up, & sign/trade for a good NT/Run stuffer. Last Sunday night should be a great example of why the Bears should leave their WR core alone unless they want to add to it. Bennett made a catch that I wouldn't expect any other WR on the roster to make but B. Marshall. Bennett has made catches like that in the past also...see Detroit @ Chicago 2011. When he's healthy he's as dependable as any for a key grab.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bennett is probably at his highest trade value of the last 2.5 seasons, but still that's not much.

That being said, there are a lot of shit 2 & 3 receivers out there and while bennett isnt the fastest or biggest, he runs good routes and catches everything.

He also took a pay cut so he wont cost a lot if anyone gets his contract which is attractive.

All that being said, teams almost never trade player for player. If Bennett is going to be traded, it's going to be for a a draft pick, not a DT. And Bennett's value to this team, especially should Marshall or Jeffery go down, is much more than the draft pick any team would be willing to give up for him.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What the whaaaaaaaaaat?

I started the "fuck that noise" movement on the cbmb so stop stealing me shit. If you do it again I'm putting an important Bear as my avatar as punishment

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yall have got to be the craziest sons of bitches on the planet. How many undefeated teams go around trading their #3 receiver with unproven guys behind him? As if WR depth has never been an issue before. You god damned well know we get injuries at that position every season.