People forget how close Rex Grossman came to beating Peyton Manning in Super Bowl

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Just food for thought for those who write off Cutler. Will he ever be Payton Manning? No and he doesn't have to be. Can he have a Eli Manning/Joe Fllacco type run at some point? Absolutely. I'm keeping Cutler until a viable alternative is in house and developed.

malcore

ultraman.gif

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just food for thought for those who write off Cutler. Will he ever be Payton Manning? No and he doesn't have to be. Can he have a Eli Manning/Joe Fllacco type run at some point? Absolutely. I'm keeping Cutler until a viable alternative is in house and developed.

He won't be Payton. God bless 34.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
We lost by 12 points. Only 12 points.

Still heartbreaking to this day, probably till the day I die.
Dude fuck the Super bowl. Overhyped sell out media garbage. Don't get me wrong, I was bummed.

But nothing compares to losing again Green Bay in the NFC Championship.
That one still hurts. That was just rough n honestly who knows if that'll happen again in our lifetime

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude fuck the Super bowl. Overhyped sell out media garbage. Don't get me wrong, I was bummed.

That one still hurts. That was just rough n honestly who knows if that'll happen again in our lifetime

I agree. I was there! I went balls deep in credit card debt to experience that shit! Too much fucking heartbreak!

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Lol, how close Rex Grossman came to beating Peyton Manning?

ROFL.

Dude, seriously?

Rex threw a pick on the drive that would have tied the game and other than about 2 plays a game was shit all season since September when teams figured out he couldn't read a blitz to save his life.

Should have titled it "People forget how close Devin Hester, Thomas Jones, and the Bears defense came to beating Peyton Manning" if you didn't want to look like an idiot...

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hester put up the first TD, Jones big run setup the 2nd and the defense put them in FG range for a total of 17 pts. Grossman didn't do a damn thing in that game. All it would have taken is a half way decent game from the QB position to win that game. I also believe if Tommy didn't get hurt that year they would have won it all also.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Close doesn't get you a ring

and really 12 points isn't all that close

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Close doesn't get you a ring

and really 12 points isn't all that close

You really have no clue what your talking about, do you! Bears were down by 5 in the 4th and Rex throws a pick 6. Lot closer than the final score.
Besides, do you realize how CLOSE your Ravens were to not getting a ring last year? One major fuck up by a Bronco safety. Change that one play and the Ravens exit the playoffs early again and the media is all over Flacco for his 5 INT game last sunday.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
You really have no clue what your talking about, do you! Bears were down by 5 in the 4th and Rex throws a pick 6. Lot closer than the final score.
Besides, do you realize how CLOSE your Ravens were to not getting a ring last year? One major fuck up by a Bronco safety. Change that one play and the Ravens exit the playoffs early again and the media is all over Flacco for his 5 INT game last sunday.

As I said close doesn't get you a ring

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it would be more appropriate to say Manning almost lost to the Bears defense, special teams, and running game. Certainly not to Rex Grossman.

Reactions: DC

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I'm still pissed re: NFC Championship Game vs GB too. I think the BEARS really fucked up a golden opportunity to keep GB out of the playoffs. If they're not in to get hot and go all the way...who knows? Martz really dialed it back in that last game of the year at GB. Lovie'd learned his lesson. He wasn't going to rest guys and be rusty as had happened in the past. The D was fucking unreal in that game, playing so hard. It seemed like Martz was trying to keep things close to the vest, playing REALLY vanilla, maybe "saving" shit for the playoffs. I think if the O had been unleashed like the D had been, we win that game.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I agree. I was there! I went balls deep in credit card debt to experience that shit! Too much fucking heartbreak!
Aw man I was away at school down.south at a local Bears bar. My buddies n me went out all night after that game, just mopy n sad aa hell. Felt like I got punched in the stomach.

How bad was the stadium?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hester put up the first TD, Jones big run setup the 2nd and the defense put them in FG range for a total of 17 pts. Grossman didn't do a damn thing in that game. All it would have taken is a half way decent game from the QB position to win that game. I also believe if Tommy didn't get hurt that year they would have won it all also.

Don't forget mike brown. If Bears had him then Indy couldn't have run as well and Bears sneak out an ugly win.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I see everyone's just gonna blame Grossman, despite the fact that he didn't have the first or second TO by the Bears in that game. Despite the fact that he wasn't allowing Manning to convert 3rd downs at a 50% clip for the majority of the game. Despite the fact that he wasn't the one who decided to call pass after pass in the fucking rain, or go completely prevent on Peyton Manning. He was a part of the loss, but he wasn't the only part. The Bears got outplayed, outsmarted, and above all, out-coached.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Re: People forget how close Rex Grossman came to beating Peyton Manning

Wow...this is homerism at its finest. You're lamenting a loss to GB more than a loss in the Superbowl just because they're the rival? I was pissed about the GB game...but I didn't want people to talk to me after the Superbowl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2