Cutler Out At Least 4 Weeks

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to draft a QB in the first three rounds. Jay is always getting injured and everyday he gets older. Find a nice project in round 2-3 and let's see what Trestman can do.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Also unfortunate about Blanchard not available until after week 10. Just curious to see what the kid could do at this time. I mean, if we are counting loses already until Cutler possibly returns.
lmfao I was waiting for someone to say it!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Don't worry haters, you still have the going blind and hairy palms to hope for.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Just 4 weeks? Praise Allah lol. Do you think we can go .500 in that span or maybe win 3 out of four games?

I'm hoping McCown becomes the next Jim Millerr, but beating the Packers and Lions?

What worries me more is the defense, no way we can stop anyone, and high scoring offenses are gonna beat us.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping McCown becomes the next Jim Millerr, but beating the Packers and Lions?

What worries me more is the defense, no way we can stop anyone, and high scoring offenses are gonna beat us.
Mccown will be well above serviceable and be a good player for t he offense to rally around, it's this shitty defense. They are fucking awful

Bearsfanfillereste

Liked Posts:
Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 14s
Trestman said Cutler injury is "minimum of 4 weeks," but he'll be week to week after that.

BBQb

Liked Posts:
lmfao I was waiting for someone to say it!

That would be me lol. Never seen him played either. Just recall reading what Trest had said about him is all. So nothing real wrong about what I said. It doesn't matter regardless. I'm just not all-in with McCown. It's going to get ugly.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Mccown will be well above serviceable and be a good player for t he offense to rally around, it's this shitty defense. They are fucking awful

Jim Miller is one of my favorite Bears QB's, so I hope McCown lives up to that.

But yeah, with this D, is gonna be hard to win anything.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Sorry but a muscle tear Sounds like a 2-3 month injury.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
That would be me lol. Never seen him played either. Just recall reading what Trest had said about him is all. So nothing real wrong about what I said. It doesn't matter regardless. I'm just not all-in with McCown. It's going to get ugly.
Why? He played great in '12 during preeason and played very good yesterday. Yet Blanchard who was 3rd sting nobody is the next man up? lol cmon man! Mccown did very good and I wish him well.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 weeks if he has no set backs. So lets say McCown plays good and gets us a few wins, and after 4 weeks we put Cutler back in and we start to lose, the fan base will go ape shit and want McCown back in. This is going to be a very interesting next couple of weeks.

no need to put Cutler in after 4 weeks if McCown is on a roll. Go with the hot hand

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
again? get that man a rascal

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought this tweet was grimly funny

jon greenberg ‏@jon_greenberg 1m
Trent Edwards had a groin in 2008. He came back in less than a month, but was still terrible.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
a17a.gif

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
wUT?

BBQb

Liked Posts:
Why? He played great in '12 during preeason and played very good yesterday. Yet Blanchard who was 3rd sting nobody is the next man up? lol cmon man! Mccown did very good and I wish him well.

Well I wish him well too. From experience, when backup QB's suddenly come into a game for an injury, they play above "all is lost now" expectations. Then immediately when they become the starter, teams will prepare for them and get after their weaknesses. With Mccown, they will pressure him, disguise coverage and blitzes, knock him down, force pass protection holding calls, rattle him, and it results in sacks, fumbles, INTs, etc. Just how it goes with his career and the journeyman backup.