Cutler Out At Least 4 Weeks

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I tore the same muscle when I played Rugby. It was super painful. I couldn't even stand on my left leg without being in severe pain. Anyway, the doctor said 4-6 weeks. While it healed after 6 weeks to the point I could run and cut without falling over, it didn't fully heal for about 5 years. With that said, 4 weeks would put him back potentially for the Ravens game. It depends if he needs those extra few days (i.e. 4 weeks is 28 days. The ravens game is 27 days from now).
Yikes! Thanks for heads up, really worried about this then long term. Not dogging you but hopefully withcutler and those athletes they can heal faster, then again you played and it doesn't sound promosing.

I pulled my hamstring few years back in football. I dove for the ball in endzone and right when I hit ground my back legs went up and my one leg just kidna stuck there.. Didn't move or anything, I can't describe it but it was so damn tight I thought if I moved it the whole muscle would snap. Eventually got it worked on and was able to walk it off, but was out for weeks after- Still to this day if I don't stretch enough before lifting I can feel it and it tightens up and starts getting sore. I heard something along the lines that hammy's never truly fully "heal", I don't know about that but mine sure as hell sucked. Worst tho hands down is blowing off multiple concussions I'm sure I got. I'm epelleptic, too- not agood combo. Ya know how you think you can shake off something til you're puking after a hit lol

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I don't like doing things like this but I have a masters in exercise physiology and am currently going to school in the physical therapy arena so I'm plenty aware of blood flow. Your adductor (groin) muscles receive just as much blood glow as your other major muscles. This isn't a ligament or tendon problem that lacks blood supply.
What do you think the time frame would be to play at level needed for game speed in nfl? Can it be 100% in 5-6 weeks?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Amendola came back from his fairly quickly. Hopefully the same can happen with Jay.
I think Amendola came back a little too early...he was inactive yesterday...but wasn't sure if it was the concussion or groin was the reason

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
What do you think the time frame would be to play at level needed for game speed in nfl? Can it be 100% in 5-6 weeks?

Without knowing the grade tear it's tough to say but it looked pretty sever obviously so if you look at a badly pulled hamstring lets say. That's usually 4-6 weeks but again it just depends on how severe and how much they can increase blood flow and healing through modalities like ultrasound, heat (once swelling goes down), maybe some e-stim, etc.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Amendola came back a little too early...he was inactive yesterday...but wasn't sure if it was the concussion or groin was the reason
Concussion is why he's out.

Slacker

Liked Posts:
I'm no expert and have nothing to provide except a meaningless ancectdote and a guess. I strained my groin playing football and it was probably 8 months before I could run and cut laterally full speed without any pain or weakness. It sucked. I hope I'm wrong but if I were guessing I would say the earliest Cutler plays is December.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I'm no expert and have nothing to provide except a meaningless ancectdote and a guess. I strained my groin playing football and it was probably 8 months before I could run and cut laterally full speed without any pain or weakness. It sucked. I hope I'm wrong but if I were guessing I would say the earliest Cutler plays is December.

While all the personal stories are appreciated, it's important to remember that genetics play role in recovery and that no one is getting as much or as good of medical care as jay will be getting over the coming weeks.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
cutler is a descendant of odin so I'm not worried

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yay! Now that's not so bad!

The briggs one is bad bad bad. Who the fuck is gonna call the D? Shit last night, when briggs went out, the skins went straight to a hurry up and walked into the endzone 3 plays later

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
trestman said bostic or anderson will

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess I can see Anderson doin it. But damn, they have to call all the checks and adjustments too. Thats scary.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Guess I can see Anderson doin it. But damn, they have to call all the checks and adjustments too. Thats scary.

Was Briggs doing that great of a job? Something goes wrong with the defense sans Ulracher. Didn't Briggs say he didn't like it? It may be a way to find a better caller.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Did I read, that we brought in Jordan Palmer? And released a TE, can someone confirm?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen up...next 4 games are

@GB
Lions
Ravens
@ Rams

We can get 2, maybe3 of those with McCown..

We can survive this

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Listen up...next 4 games are

@GB
Lions
Ravens
@ Rams

We can get 2, maybe3 of those with McCown..

We can survive this

Depends on the who the 2 loses are, if we lose to our 2 Div opponents, we won't make the playoffs IMO

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on the who the 2 loses are, if we lose to our 2 Div opponents, we won't make the playoffs IMO
We can beat the Lions, Rams and Ravens IMO...and Imagine if the football Gods smile on us for once and we pull an extreme upset in GB

Stranger things have happened. But the other 3 wins are more doable

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heck with next week being the bye Cutler might only miss 3 games. Unfortunately that Lions game after GB is massive. I wish we could play the ravens and rams and put that game back a few weeks :(

This is bad, if we lose to the Pack and suffer a 2nd loss to the Lions, it might not really matter when he gets back, as far as our playoff aspirations are concerned.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
We can beat the Lions, Rams and Ravens IMO...and Imagine if the football Gods smile on us for once and we pull an extreme upset in GB

Stranger things have happened. But the other 3 wins are more doable

Boy, are you setting yourself up for a major let down.